Face Contest: Design an HMS Beyblade!

I think you'll find it's Rockin' Peanut Steering.
(Jul. 27, 2015  8:44 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Where's the rack-and-peanut steering?
(Jul. 27, 2015  9:01 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: I think you'll find it's Rockin' Peanut Steering.

I was waiting for some one to understand why my entry was called "The Homer" and you've officially made my day. Tongue_out

That being said, the Beyblade itself does feature three horns which may or may not play La Cucaracha. Wink
Expect my entry in a few days. Just need to get good pictures and upload them.EDIT: nevermind, I have it now.
(Jul. 27, 2015  7:18 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: Homer MS (Metal Simpsons).

Hey, it's better than Comic Sans MS (Metal Sans).

Anyways, here is my entry, I call it Radical Train MS (Metal Steamengine)

Attack Ring (Click to View)

Weight Disk (Click to View)

Running Core (Click to View)

original drawing (Click to View)
Nice entry Wombat! I actually like the CWD you made because recoil is fun!
(Jul. 27, 2015  2:12 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: Yeah, it's another Reaper theme, I got a little stuck on motif...

The Running Core Auto Variable Upper is sort of like the Final Survive bottom, only not an S bottom and instead SF. The tabs are replaced by upper blades which work with the CWD Death Barrage Ring.

Like Final Survive, it starts with the flat bottom, the Upper Wings extend out with a larger circumference than the CWD with Centrifugal force adding upper attack, however, when they retract, the bottom becomes SF mode, the upper wings will be a similar circumference to the CWD, which allow the CWD to contact other Beyblades and perform barrage attack partnering with the SF mode, while the extended upper wings work with the Flat mode.

Yeah it's pretty exclusive to each other in order to work like that but I think it's still pretty cool.

It's pretty much all I can do with pen and colour pencils.

That is super lovely. I like the AR and the Running Core has a weird and wonderful gimmick.

By the way, I decided to withdraw from the competition.
Here is my entry.
Gladiator MS (Metal sword)

Bit Protector: Gladiator Emblem.

Attack Ring: Smash Gladius.
This AR provides smash attack in both spin directions, but is stronger in right spin.

Weight Disk: Spike Wobbler
This CWD features four spikes of varying width, length, and thickness, for a wobbling effect.

Running Core: Adjusting Control Change Core
This RC comes with an infrared radiation controller that can change the mode of the core. Flat, Flat spike, and Spike.

Pictures: http://imgur.com/0NXcS8z
http://imgur.com/NYXXh97
(Jul. 28, 2015  7:30 PM)Wombat Wrote:
(Jul. 27, 2015  7:18 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: Homer MS (Metal Simpsons).

Hey, it's better than Comic Sans MS (Metal Sans).

Anyways, here is my entry, I call it Radical Train MS (Metal Steamengine)

Attack Ring (Click to View)

Weight Disk (Click to View)

Running Core (Click to View)

original drawing (Click to View)
Nice entry Wombat.
Since this is a contest, not to design a HMS Beyblade but specifically the next one, I figured I'd look a little more at where the series was going. Thus, I present to you, bridging the gap between heaven and hell:

Banished Lucifer MS (Metal Seraph)
Banished Emblem (Click to View)
Angel Horns (Click to View)
CWD Free Halo (Click to View)
Glide Attack Core (Click to View)
Could you post the picture in a link?
That ain't bad Dracomageat, really impressive drawing skills, it's pretty neat.
That name is pretty dark, haha. Cool entry, nonetheless.

Reminds of that time we got a part named Genocide.
(Jul. 29, 2015  7:17 PM)Leone19 Wrote: That name is pretty dark, haha. Cool entry, nonetheless.

Reminds of that time we got a part named Genocide.

Or that "Bloody Devil MS" and "Death Gargoyle MS" exist.

"Banished Lucifer" seems tame by comparison!
(Jul. 29, 2015  6:49 PM)flame0251 Wrote: Could you post the picture in a link?

Sorry, I do not believe I am allowed to edit my entry but, for those too lazy to copy and paste, here is the link in link form:
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f339/d...fujghr.png
You can talk about people being too lazy to copy and paste, but you were too lazy to format your links correctly, too Wink

It's fine to edit your post as long as you don't edit the entry itself (your artwork).
These entries are looking good so far! Especially the concept for Leone19's.
(Jul. 29, 2015  7:30 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: These entries are looking good so far! Especially the concept for Leone19's.

Haha, thanks. I figured it'd be fun to do more of a "fun" entry for the heck of it. If it counts for anything it took me a while to actually make that Homer face look decent, haha.
(Jul. 29, 2015  7:29 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: You can talk about people being too lazy to copy and paste, but you were too lazy to format your links correctly, too Wink
It's fine to edit your post as long as you don't edit the entry itself (your artwork).

Actually, that was more of a typo. Anyway, it's fixed now.
(Jul. 29, 2015  7:55 PM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Jul. 29, 2015  7:30 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: These entries are looking good so far! Especially the concept for Leone19's.

Haha, thanks. I figured it'd be fun to do more of a "fun" entry for the heck of it. If it counts for anything it took me a while to actually make that Homer face look decent, haha.

I mean you've got a good chance for taking the "fun" angle though. We can't forget that one time The Boss won with his "fun" entry. I especially like the Aggressively Placed Sprinkles.

As for Dracomageat's entry, it's really good, especially with the way he interpreted the contest. It kinda makes you wonder what would have happened to HMS if its production hadn't been cut off. How exactly would Takara Tomy have "upped the ante" from God and Devil themed Beyblades? It's like the Diablo Nemesis of HMS, and it makes them sound like they were designed to end the series instead of simply being the last releases before production ended. It's a logical progression from SGMS and BDMS.

I can't say I'd want to pick up his Beyblade in Left Spin though.
Yeah, maybe a little rounding would have been a good idea. Still, if you go in palm first like I do then only things like Unicorno are truly problematic.
I actually wanted to make mine if it was a gimmick specialty with it's weird CWD and RC function combination so my Recozer MS was more of a next HMS series sort of deal.
This is Whirl Shark MF (Metal Fin)

http://i.imgur.com/JSBvMS9.jpg

RC : Metal Bearing Core
AR : Fin Attacker
WD : CWD Defense Ring

The whole thing is quite childish, messed up and unoriginal but anyway...
Bearings...

Anyway, that design is pretty cool but it reminds me of a MFB as well.
Yeah, blatant Circle Flat but otherwise quite cool. I'm liking how the AR is almost Sparkling Attacker.
I think guessing what inspiration I got my design from will be tricky and it's not Deathsizer Oval Accele.