FAN EXPO BEYBLADE SUMMIT - Toronto Beyblade Tournament (August 29th, 2009)

on
Hosted by
  Khel
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

FAN EXPO BEYBLADE SUMMIT
Park behind MTCC South Building - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Saturday, August 29th, 2009 - 1PM SHARP!!! (We won't wait for you)
MFB FORMAT

[Image: mtccparkette.jpg]

Since it seems like we have garnered a sufficient amount of interest for a tournament, we are turning this "meetup" into the FAN EXPO BEYBLADE SUMMIT! This will be an official WBO tournament, but sadly, there will be no prizes this time around; but you can still compete for Beypoints and Faces! Also, make sure you have your Blader Passport or bring $5!

No specific location within the park has been determined, but I do not think it should be too hard to find one another. If you think you're going to have any trouble, PM Khel for his cell number as the event date draws near.

If it is raining, we will meet up at the main entrance of the South Building.

We hope to see you there. Smile

Confirmed Attendees:
Kei
Khel
Minion
D-Trix
kool-kid9980
Blue

Possible Attendees:
DynamicUno + roommate
To
jamie

ORIGINAL POST:
Well taking over from the old topic (Sorry Gadget) we are seeing if there is interest in hosting a meetup at Fan Expo 2009 in Toronto. More info on the event can be found here

Now I have never been to this convention, so I am hoping that someone who has experience there would be able to give advice as to how to pursue this and where we should set up.

Like I mentioned this would really just be a meet-up. So anyone bring whatever beyblades you have (Legal of course) and we just play. I mean we did spend money to get this things so why wouldn't we want to play against actual people?

So opinions anyone?

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Aug. 18, 2009  6:09 AM)asterisk93 Wrote: So are we going for the saturday?

Yes.

Since you, along with firekid don't really want to pay for the expo entrance fee, we're definitely going to have this outside of the convention if you two come. Does anybody know of any good meeting places around the area where the FanExpo is being held?
God i feel so cheap when you put it that way. lol.
oh i really want to go to thies cause i am going to the fan expo
DynamicUno and his room mate are going to the expo with me, they are likely to play, especially if it means meeting the 9 person minimum. I'll see if lightning.star wants to play too.
Was looking around for directions and such.
It'd take me 3-4 hours to bike there. And trsit directions are basically nonexsistent [screw google]
So if i wanted to attend this thing, looks like i'd need a ride.
It'd take 30-40 minutes to get there by car. nuff said.

x_x
wesome. Sent some PMs to the guys from the last tourney who arent posting here
i wont be able to make it on Saturday, sorry guys.. D:
sorry to say that regardless of driveing distance i can't make saturday v_v

Just found out we're driving up to ottawa for a family thing that day. coming back the same night for sunday morning.

You guys have fun,
and alas, kool-kid, our rivalry shall have to wait until another time~~~
Man...
I really wanted this to be another tournament...
This still could definitely end up being a tournament, especially if DynamicUno and his roommate decide to play.
Well, them + To is 8. We would need at least one more.
So I'm right in thinking that this is the last event the TBC is having for the summer? ):
Well yeah;

there really isn't enough time for us (at least me) to get another event going.

Last thing till fall.

EDIT: Also kool-kid we only need 8 people to have a tournament. It changed in July
Oh damn son...
TO AND DYNAMICUNO YOU ARE COMING
Just as a disclaimer we obviously don't have enough time to order stuff if this is a tourney. However if we do get enough people and do go ahead with a tourney then you will be eligible for faces.

Now all we need to do is settle on a meeting place. Suggestions anyone?
It doesnt look like there are many good spots.
Minion has suggested the park area behind the South Building of the MTCC. It is circled in red on this map:

[Image: mtccparkette.jpg]

Looks good to me.
Alright, that sounds like a good place
Moved to Official Events, OP has been updated with all of the necessary information and the thread title has been changed.
Got me there for a second when I saw my post edited lol

Hopefully this goes smoothly Smile
Oh man. Ordering some new parts.
I'm so looking forward to this meet up.
GanGStAs I'm done wit school! I'll see you guys there and tear it up too
8D
(Aug. 21, 2009  5:06 AM)Blue Wrote: GanGStAs I'm done wit school! I'll see you guys there and tear it up too
8D

Aawwwww yeeah Cool
AMG 7 ATTENDEES!!!
(Aug. 21, 2009  5:06 AM)Blue Wrote: GanGStAs I'm done wit school! I'll see you guys there and tear it up too
8D

nice! Was worried you wouldn't be able to make it.