FAN EXPO BEYBLADE SUMMIT - Toronto Beyblade Tournament (August 29th, 2009)

on
Hosted by
  Khel
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

FAN EXPO BEYBLADE SUMMIT
Park behind MTCC South Building - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Saturday, August 29th, 2009 - 1PM SHARP!!! (We won't wait for you)
MFB FORMAT

[Image: mtccparkette.jpg]

Since it seems like we have garnered a sufficient amount of interest for a tournament, we are turning this "meetup" into the FAN EXPO BEYBLADE SUMMIT! This will be an official WBO tournament, but sadly, there will be no prizes this time around; but you can still compete for Beypoints and Faces! Also, make sure you have your Blader Passport or bring $5!

No specific location within the park has been determined, but I do not think it should be too hard to find one another. If you think you're going to have any trouble, PM Khel for his cell number as the event date draws near.

If it is raining, we will meet up at the main entrance of the South Building.

We hope to see you there. Smile

Confirmed Attendees:
Kei
Khel
Minion
D-Trix
kool-kid9980
Blue

Possible Attendees:
DynamicUno + roommate
To
jamie

ORIGINAL POST:
Well taking over from the old topic (Sorry Gadget) we are seeing if there is interest in hosting a meetup at Fan Expo 2009 in Toronto. More info on the event can be found here

Now I have never been to this convention, so I am hoping that someone who has experience there would be able to give advice as to how to pursue this and where we should set up.

Like I mentioned this would really just be a meet-up. So anyone bring whatever beyblades you have (Legal of course) and we just play. I mean we did spend money to get this things so why wouldn't we want to play against actual people?

So opinions anyone?

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Why is this not in Official Events?

Anyway, good luck guys Grin
cause we're not sure yet how this will play out.

Once there seems to be enough interest and I know more about how to pursue this I can move it.
Yeah if i manage to get enough money by them ill go 4 sureJoyful_3
Which ticket should i purchase?
this one right? DELUXE FAN EXPO PASS $49 CDN/USD (tax included)
also... about the hotels.... ? edit: nm found them.
I will obviously be there. As Khel mentioned, we need someone to give us some direction on how to go about setting this up, and where since neither of us have been there in the past.
I think I'm going to be out of town this weekend, visiting relatives, so I can't make it Unhappy I don't think I've missed a Fan-Ex since I started going to cons Unhappy

It looks like it'll be held in the South building, so once lines clear up, there should be quite a bit of empty hall space. Maybe use this map to pin point a meeting spot, or even alternate meeting spots in case you have to move.
[Image: South-Building111.gif]

EDIT: I may actually make it to this now, our plans for that weekend got squashed.
(Jul. 26, 2009  10:16 PM)Minion Wrote: EDIT: I may actually make it to this now, our plans for that weekend got squashed.

Yesssss Smile

Before we start making plans, we need to know, is anybody else interested in doing this?
Well I haven't gotten any responses from anyone yet. So I shall leave this open for a few more days. If no one shows interest then we shall just postpone/cancel this.
Have you PMed anybody? If not, I'll shoot off a PM to all of the HPT attendees.
Knock yourself out.
Done. Let's hope we get some responses!
lol a convention...

Seriously though, I'm pretty broke at the moment (spent too much money on watching cruddy movies it seems). If I run into some money before then I'll try to make it out, but I wouldn't count on it.
IM SO IN!!!! I ALWAYS WANTED TO GO TO A FANEX!!!
I have only been to small things but they were at the convention center. I have been there for YuGiOh Sneak Previews [2 times] and recently went there for a small anime convention dressed up as a character from Full Metal Alchemist. So I am so INTERESTED. I don't know if i can go xP.

Edit: Since we are only there once Should get the basic pass right??
Basic Pass should be fine if you don't plan on attending for more than one day.

Please let us know ASAP if you'll be able to make it; same with you To. For now, I'll set a tentative date of Saturday, August 29th.
It would be a problem if it was for the 29th. I MIGHT have camp until 4pm so if i do, that would be a no go for me. If it was on saturday or sunday though, for sure. Preferably a sunday one though.
(Aug. 11, 2009  2:31 AM)kool-kid9980 Wrote: It would be a problem if it was for the 29th. I MIGHT have camp until 4pm so if i do, that would be a no go for me. If it was on saturday or sunday though, for sure. Preferably a sunday one though.

The 29th is a Saturday, or is it just that Saturday that you're busy?
The 29th is a Saturday. We don't do weekday tournaments (at least I don't) since I have work full time.

EDIT: Beaten
Lmao so sorry, i thought the 29th was friday. Yep, i am fine for Saturday. I guess i could skip MMA Class and go to the tourny. If its at like 2pm i would be just fine.

Edit: I would be selling a BB-22 Stamina/Defence Reshuffle Non-Opened there aswell.
Thanks for the PM Kei.
While I am interested I dont feel like going to another convention. I think the exposure will be great and it gives us a time and place to hang but I'd rather do some outdoor meet-up again while the weather's nice.
I mean I'd rather have all of you over at my house instead...
So for that reason I'm out, sorry :\
Yeah, Seriously doubt i could make this.
Sorry guys.

I might be up for blue's place.
If he has cola.
(Aug. 11, 2009  4:38 AM)Blue Wrote: Thanks for the PM Kei.
While I am interested I dont feel like going to another convention. I think the exposure will be great and it gives us a time and place to hang but I'd rather do some outdoor meet-up again while the weather's nice.

To be honest, we're thinking of not even having the meetup inside of the convention. If we decided to set up somewhere inside and too big of a crowd gathered (as awesome as that would be), we might be kicked out. And having it outside of the convention itself would save people who don't want to enter some money. But either way, it will still be in the same area as the convention.

I hope we can get at least one more outdoor event going before the end of the year, so PM me if you got any ideas. Your house sounds like it would be cool; but would you have enough room?
(Aug. 11, 2009  4:38 AM)Blue Wrote: Thanks for the PM Kei.

You wouldn't mind us over at your place?

Because I'll be frank. I don't like conventions. This isn't intended on being a 'Let's get new people in the game. It's really just supposed to be free battle amongst us.

PM'ed
I'm going to be at the con on saturday regardless, but if you guys want to do something at Alex's house some other time, that's cool too.
Well again everything is tentative atm. Sorting this out with Kei