FACE CONTEST: Design a Metal Fight Beyblade ... again!

whers the image?
OK, here goes nothing!

Devour Ammit J125JF

Face Bolt: Devour Ammit

Based off of Ammit the Devourer from Egyptian myth. When a person died, their soul was weighed by the Scale of Ma'at. If the soul was lighter than the feather that it was weighed against, they would go to the afterlife. However, if they were heavier, they would be devoured by Ammit, never to find rest.

I designed the face to be crocodilian, as Ammit had the face of a crocodile. The bottom teeth spell AMMIT out, and the top ones are a reflection.

Clear Wheel: Ammit

The Clear Wheel is a clear green, resembling the open maw of a crocodile, about to snap shut. It is both left and right spin, for the two modes.

Metal Wheel: Devour

The Metal Wheel is built similarly to the Storm Metal Wheel, with three blades. However, these blades are at an angle, jutting out of the core of the wheel. In addition, there are 4 studs coming out of the bottom of each blade, making it resemble the upper jaw of some beast.

Track: J(aw)125

This track is very wide; wider than any other track in the game, as a matter of fact. The design is similar to WD145, with a few noticeable differences. First off, the three pieces that jut out of the center of the track are diagonal, going up from left to right. In addition, the top of each of the outer parts of the pieces are covered in several plastic studs. Similar to Lightning/Meteo L-Drago’s ability to switch modes by turning the clear wheel, one can switch modes on Devour Ammit by removing the track and turning it 180 degrees. In the first mode, “bite mode”, the blades of the devour wheel link up with the pieces of the track, creating a “mouth” that catches blades when spinning clockwise, severely lowering their spin. When spinning counterclockwise, the two pieces allow for upper and lower attacks. The second mode, “Barrage Mode” once more focuses on Upper and Lower attacks, but hits with both of them constantly, to knock them off balance. (Upper attack by Jaw, Lower attack by Devour Wheel, or vice versa when spinning counterclockwise)

Tip: J(og)F(lat)

This tip is a simple design. A flat tip, with the width of the RF tip, covered in studs to allow more traction. This lessens the about of recoil the blade takes when it makes contact.

Pictures are below. I’m aware the first one doesn’t look nearly as polished as the others, but it was the rough sketch, and I did it in the car.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Vorosh/Be...sketch.jpg
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Vorosh/Be...0001-1.jpg
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Vorosh/Be...ge0001.jpg

Phew... Talk about cutting it close!
Wow, i was waiting for someone to do an ammit design. face looks cool
(Sep. 20, 2010  2:57 AM)Fogot Wrote:
(Sep. 20, 2010  2:52 AM)LewLew Wrote: COSMIC APOPHIS TS125RF

This is my design for the competition. Before I go into the actual design, I'll brief you guys on why I chose this theme bey.

Story:
Apophis was an Egyptian mythological creature, told by people as the Serpent Of Chaos. Over the past few years, there has been an asteroid, which NASA has named "Apophis", spotted with it's gravitational directing heading for earth. Going back to the Egyptian creature, the serpent of Apophis was known as the serpent of chaos, therefore the asteroid was named after chaos.

Now on with the blade. It is called Cosmic Apophis due to it's chaotic design.
Facebolt:
The description in the image below is incorrect, as it was uploading to photobucket, I re-read the mini article on Apophis on wikipedia and got the wrong bit of info. The face is the same colour but includes a hieroglyphic serpent on the bolt, indicating Apophis itself.

Energy Ring:
A lot like the Aries energy ring, the edges are rugged. The colour of the ring is white, indicating positive power behind Apophis. There are more edges around the ring than the Aries energy ring, giving the power of an attack type.

Fusion Wheel:
The fusion wheel follows the same shape of the Energy Ring (see above) but more blunt. The shape following gives more of an aero-dynamic touch to the blade. As well as being able to attack at high speed, the thickness and weight behind the wheel will allow the blade to defend itself in a final stand.

Spin track:
Now this one was a tricky one... I took the T125 spin track (also shown in the picture, as I couldn't make the right shapes) and gave it an option to change the wings upside down, to change between endurance or attack. Although the changes are very slight, it gives the perfect balance to the blades powers.

Performance Tip:
You may be wandering; "WHY THE HELL IS AN RF TIP ON THIS THING?!". Remember "Grip Attacker" from the first gen of beyblades? I want the traction speed of that for heavy hits. This brings down endurance highly, BUT the attack aspect of this is crazy. Almost like a tank of a sort.

[i]Overview:
In my opinion, I have been able to create a balance type beyblade, which hits hard and fast, as well as a defence type which can last final stand hits. Every blade has a weakness. For some, it might be the RF tip. For others it might be the Energy Ring. The blade in it's entirety follows Apophis's choas.

I hope you enjoyed looking at my concept for this bey. Here is the picture. I guarantee the text above is more accurate than the picture but enjoy my bitmap blade parts Smile

[Image: beybladeentry.jpg]

Did you jsut copy that clear wheel from aries...? Did you just turn the color to negative? And that bottom, did you just copy that from a RF and colored it differently?

you fully just copied the parts that spin track is fully df145
(Sep. 30, 2010  10:50 PM)TheJugganawt Wrote: Dense Scaraban
Left Spin

SD135MD

The Scaraban top is transparent black with an oval crater in two sides and horns on the other sides, the ends are also slightly curved inwards to resemble preserved beetle in amber.

The metal wheel is painted gold and heightened so that the top is completely within it, when put together. It is a medium width and is completely filled.

SD135 is a defense track made with polyacetal polyoxymethylene, the same material as the PD which comes with the LED Sight, it is a slight oval shaped track with absolutely no grooves great for rolling enemies off.

MD is a metal Defense is a Wide defense but is metal as if to be a defense version of MB

The face is Clear yellow and has a head of a beetle and the horns make out the word "scar"

wheres the picture, i'ts called a design contest for a reason
I don't see it. Is it supposed to be an attachment or something, Armyman?

Thanks Moneymaker. Originally I was going to do one based on the scales of Ma'at, but Libra already exists, so I chose to make one based off of the guy who you go to if you end up on the scales' bad side.
Still not seeing it, Armyman. All I'm getting is a grey square.
(Sep. 30, 2010  8:20 PM)Moneymaker23 Wrote: I just realized, when they said they said the deadline was Sept. 30 23:59, what time zone did they mean?
The latest possible.
My blazing hope to win is being bullied!!! By the way it's 6:45 AM of 1/10/2010 here in Hong Kong

.pdf   Brendan Wu 2.pdf (Size: 70.29 KB / Downloads: 43) [img]Brendan Wu 2[/img]
Here ie my entree "Evil Sathunis 145wd"

Please open attachment below.Wink
Attached Files

.pdf   Lanni_Picture0001.pdf (Size: 742.53 KB / Downloads: 57)
(Oct. 01, 2010  12:03 AM)brendan wu Wrote: [img]Brendan Wu 2[/img]

Your entry is upside down, we can't read any of it
Man I would like to enter but it's just too much

but I would love to battle the winer and see for my self how good the bey is
May the best beyblader win guys!
(Oct. 01, 2010  12:11 AM)felipe5745 Wrote: Man I would like to enter but it's just too much

but I would love to battle the winer and see for my self how good the bey is

Oh man! I lol'd SO HARD.
Never mind I'm giving up. I wonder who will win.
(Oct. 01, 2010  1:08 AM)L-drago100000 Wrote: How can I join ?

Yes, 3 hours and 50 minutes more...Read the first post to know what you need to submit.
Here it is. Just in case: Storm Apep RS145RF
Facebolt: Pharohs hat and a cobro underneath
energy ring: fans that lift the beyblade up. Sand tan
fusion wheel: Storm(Noone said I have to create my own Fusion Wheel. Stupid)
Spin Track: RS145 Retaliation Strike Two centripital force hammers connected to spin track. If track is hit, attachment disconnects, hammers swing freely, doing smash damage.
blade core: RF Round Flat(should all know what that does)
wheres the visual?
how is it being decided? poll or administration vote?
the committee members decide.