F230 Discussion

I haven't really been able to find any suitable combos for F230, nor anyone in the Build me a combo! topic suggesting any.

F230... looks pretty cool but the shape doesn't look like it's going to hold any stamina or defensive purposes so I backed away from it and turned to attack. I'll just leave one test here against sway attacker Diablo Kerbecs E230GCF as a starter.

GD launched first and alternated (MLD Beylauncher, Beylauncher L/R)
Gargole Dragooon F230CF vs. Diablo Kerbecs E230(lower)GCF
GD wins: 14 wins (9 OS, 5 KO)
Diablo wins: 6 wins (6 KO)

F230 win rate: 70%
Despite the fact that GD and Diablo had opposite rotations, the majority of the battles were just, amazing. They took turns swaying each other, climaxing each battle with super heavy tilts (The tilts TB couldn't even survive). As both of them were attack-types, they faced each other head on and many clashes were at the exits and GD's CF or Diablo's E230GCF saved itself from near disaster. Diablo's had really no advantage since it's a sway attacker, but it still managed to land some ties with GD, as well as KOs due to the MW weight. GD, on the other hand, faced many KOs/almost lost to Diablo's smash attacks. However, it had spin steal, and F230CF. If I had used a different tip instead of CF/GCF, GD would've lost. But because CF was there, it allowed GD to keep spinning, spin steal from Diablo, and ultimately gain those OS. I pretty much picked F230CF for this reason. All but one of Diablo's wins happened when GD was launched first. The exception happened when GD and Diablo exited the stadiums in a KO, GD exited instantly while E230 saved Diablo for 2 seconds and led it to win.
Wow these results are amazing can you try F230 on a defense combo like Saramanda x2 or Killerken x2 F230 MB/RB/RSF or any other Zero-G defense bottoms
(Nov. 12, 2012  3:42 AM)BeybladePants11 Wrote: Wow these results are amazing can you try F230 on a defense combo like Saramanda x2 or Killerken x2 F230 MB/RB/RSF or any other Zero-G defense bottoms

I need to wait for the Synchrom DX sets before I can get 2x Killerken or Saramanda.
Huh, F230, another good part...

Maybe we can start getting something other than Reviser Dragoon SA165EWD/B : D to win for once...
(Nov. 12, 2012  3:49 AM)DefStamina88 Wrote: Huh, F230, another good part...

Maybe we can start getting something other than Reviser Dragoon SA165EWD/B : D to win for once...

The main problem with F230 is its height. It's height is equal to the standard 230 and it kinds of makes it really difficult to beat stuff like Death Cancer -insert a short track here- WD with the combo I used for the test because the CrW can't come in contact with Death and Death would merely be attacking CF/lower part of F230.
(Nov. 12, 2012  3:55 AM)BH145WD Wrote: The main problem with F230 is its height. It's height is equal to the standard 230 and it kinds of makes it really difficult to beat stuff like Death Cancer -insert a short track here- WD with the combo I used for the test because the CrW can't come in contact with Death and Death would merely be attacking CF/lower part of F230.

I have noticed that F230 has the unique ability to provide a small amount of tilt without the assist of a tip like MB/etc. Because of the joint in the middle of F230, it actually has a little play in it that lets it move side to side. Maybe using a tip that would add more tilt could exploit F230's natural tilt, and possibly reach lower opponents that the other 230 tracks couldn't normal reach. However, it would take away the LAD that CF/GCF provides, but I say it is worth a shot. I mean you aren't going to OS Death anyway, so you might as well try to get more hits in. Also, since you wouldn't be using CF/GCF, the small tabs at the bottom of F230 will be exposed, and could possibly help to destabilize lower opponents. Heck, theoretically they might even reduce the spin that Death could steal, since the bottom can rotate at a different speed than the top.

Disclaimer: I do not have a Zero G stadium, and have not tested this. These are just observations I have made while testing in the BB-10, and I just wanted to share in case this might help.
(Nov. 12, 2012  4:29 PM)Kain_Highwind Wrote:
(Nov. 12, 2012  3:55 AM)BH145WD Wrote: The main problem with F230 is its height. It's height is equal to the standard 230 and it kinds of makes it really difficult to beat stuff like Death Cancer -insert a short track here- WD with the combo I used for the test because the CrW can't come in contact with Death and Death would merely be attacking CF/lower part of F230.

I have noticed that F230 has the unique ability to provide a small amount of tilt without the assist of a tip like MB/etc. Because of the joint in the middle of F230, it actually has a little play in it that lets it move side to side. Maybe using a tip that would add more tilt could exploit F230's natural tilt, and possibly reach lower opponents that the other 230 tracks couldn't normal reach. However, it would take away the LAD that CF/GCF provides, but I say it is worth a shot. I mean you aren't going to OS Death anyway, so you might as well try to get more hits in. Also, since you wouldn't be using CF/GCF, the small tabs at the bottom of F230 will be exposed, and could possibly help to destabilize lower opponents. Heck, theoretically they might even reduce the spin that Death could steal, since the bottom can rotate at a different speed than the top.

Disclaimer: I do not have a Zero G stadium, and have not tested this. These are just observations I have made while testing in the BB-10, and I just wanted to share in case this might help.

Well in the Death D125WD Combo, Death can directly make contact with the F230 tabs on F230CF/GCF but that rarely happens because they don't meet on an equal platform/grounds. I tried other tips like RF, EDS, W2D, and they either sped up or slowed down the process of losing and they mainly didn't really benefit the synchrom because it slows down drastically and because Death pushes it, it makes it harder to recover.
Hmm F230?This Part is getting Intersesting,but still something that make me confuse

Could This Track defeat the Spin Stealers,like dragooon?
Attack testing?!? This thread is insane and deserves to be started over.

Do you not realize that F230 is a bearing drive spin track? Start with the stamina tests and let's see the good information start coming in!
(Nov. 19, 2012  5:09 PM)Arupaeo Wrote: Attack testing?!? This thread is insane and deserves to be started over.

Do you not realize that F230 is a bearing drive spin track? Start with the stamina tests and let's see the good information start coming in!
Maybe.

1) No bearings obviously, so I didn't do stamina. Without bearings the bey slows down faster than BD
2) F230CF/GCF most replicated BD that's why I did attack, and also because of the shape. 230 is like a cone sort-of, while F230 is straight excluding the tabs. I feel that it might not support the stamina the combo might possess.

But if you have a combo in mind and want to test it against something else (Except Duo), yeah.
You are overlooking something here BGrin may have bearings, but F230 has a very nice smooth free spin and you get the option to choose whatever tip you would like.

Things without bearings can have stamina potential. Especially something that can make virtually any tip free-spinning. EWD was a monster for spin equalization so I would naturally try something like ________ Dragooon F230EWD/W2D.

Could you try these when you get the time?
MSF-H Reviser Dragooon F230W2D/EWD vs Phantom Cancer 230D/Phantom Cancer BGrin

or you might want to try to make a Dragooon counter. I know Saramanda Saramanda BGrin was used for a while to counter Dragooon perhaps the height and selection of tips will make it even harder to KO. Like:

MSF Reviser Dragooon CH120EWD vs Killerken Killerken (Most balanced synchrom)/ Saramanda Saramanda F230EWD/W2D/D Just play around with it and see what works.

Thanks so much!

F230 still slows down insanely fast for me, but whatever.

I have no MSF-H, so I'll have to make do with MSF. Same for x2 CrW tests until I get the DX sets

MSF Reviser Dragooon F230W2D vs. Phantom Cancer 230D
RD wins: 13 wins (10 SO, 3 KO)
Phantom wins: 7 wins (6 OS, 1 KO)

F230 win rate: 65%
Battles pretty much depended on whether D scraped and swayed or not. Phantom's sway also had almost no influence on RD and it made itself sway out most of the time. My F230 kinda sounded squeaky as well, might be due to the screw...
IMO,If you ever tried illegal B : D that has Flat Bottom you'll be very surprise,And After I used that bottom I was hopping that TAKARA TOMY Should Release a Bottom like B : D that has Flat Bottom and They Did,F230 is The Most Useful Track that I ever know,Anyone Could Use it Track For Attack,Stamina/Balance Combo.So,There's nothing Wrong If Someone Tried to Discuss it as Attack combo. Plus CF Is Good Sway attack,It Will be better if combined with F230
(Nov. 21, 2012  12:51 PM)Ezik²#5# Wrote: IMO,If you ever tried illegal B : D that has Flat Bottom you'll be very surprise,And After I used that bottom I was hopping that TAKARA TOMY Should Release a Bottom like B : D that has Flat Bottom and They Did,F230 is The Most Useful Track that I ever know,Anyone Could Use it Track For Attack,Stamina/Balance Combo.So,There's nothing Wrong If Someone Tried to Discuss it as Attack combo. Plus CF Is Good Sway attack,It Will be better if combined with F230

Not interested in using fake parts.
That is not fake part. It is just an extremely worn B : D so it is quite agressive. Basically, it is illegal to use in a tourney. Since the release of F230, you can combine it with, let's just say CF to replicate the effect of worn B : D.
(Nov. 21, 2012  3:51 PM)wpardin Wrote: That is not fake part. It is just an extremely worn B : D so it is quite agressive. Basically, it is illegal to use in a tourney. Since the release of F230, you can combine it with, let's just say CF to replicate the effect of worn B : D.

Didn't read that properly, my bad. But I'm still not going to use a worn BD
(Nov. 20, 2012  12:35 AM)BH145WD Wrote:
(Nov. 19, 2012  5:09 PM)Arupaeo Wrote: Attack testing?!? This thread is insane and deserves to be started over.

Maybe.

1) No bearings obviously, so I didn't do stamina. Without bearings the bey slows down faster than BD
2) F230CF/GCF most replicated BD that's why I did attack, and also because of the shape. 230 is like a cone sort-of, while F230 is straight excluding the tabs. I feel that it might not support the stamina the combo might possess.

But if you have a combo in mind and want to test it against something else (Except Duo), yeah.

If you don't have Duo then try testing Phantom F230D vs Phantom B:D, or better yet, Death F230D vs Death B:D. The results might surprise you.

(This is for testing in a BB-10, in a Zero-G stadium you can swap out the D tip for any sharp-like tip, including TB)
I have personally tried many setups with F230 in the BB-10, and what BH145WD is saying is correct, it slows down pretty fast towards the end. Any Dragooon combo I tried fell over (even on CF/GCF) before it could really even get into a spin equalizing battle at the end. As I kind of explained in one of my earlier posts, F230 can move side to side at its joint. Because of this, everything from the joint to the top of the bey can be at a tilt (especially if it is a sychrom), while from the joint down could be straight. This causes the joint to create more friction within itself which slows it down faster. If that makes any sense.

With that said, I would still like to see tests with 2 of the same wheel. I am going to try to do some comparison tests with Duo vs Phantom, and if I can get those done soon I will start another thread that is not in this sub forum so that we can keep Zero G and BB-10 separate.
F230 can only be used for stamina or balance setup. Because of the height & gimmick, it is not suitable for anything else. I, myself never tried to make an attack combo using F230. From the informal tests & the results from my last tournaments, Phantom F230BWD did pretty well. You can change the tip using EWD or D but I think BWD gives better result.
for once i kinda agree with most every thing said bwd probably does give the best results with f230 in fact a freind of mine tried a pheonic begirados f230 bwd and had great results eccept some self ko problems from the severe offbalence of begirados and pheonics knockback so a different synchrome would make this bottom amazing
Has discussion on F230 as a put anything on it to give it a bearing like-effect pretty much subsided?
I am interested in trying F230 in a stamina setup in the zero-g stadium because of its gimmick. I was thinking about Genbull Dragooon F230BWD.
BWD for for stamina and its pretty good for sway defense. Genbull is the best chrome wheel for stamina and Dragooon add left spin to add spin. F230 has the gimmick that I wanted to see.
That would fail epicly, I tried a simmular combo and it didnt work, The reason It does not do well is because of hight. When a spin stealer is at such a tall hight it will need more LAD for when it equalizes, that is why Dragooon F230 combos use CF and GCF. LAD is also why Reviser Dragooon SA165EWD is 10x more succces full than Reviser Dragoon LW165EWD.
Same here and F230 has some recoil that when hit can be destabilized

it's a shame though
You did something wrong then. I assure you this track is top tier for stamina.