Jan

Experimental MFB Limited @ 401 Games!

Toronto, Ontario
401 Games
750 Yonge St.
  We will be playing inside 401 Games, towards the back of the store.
12PM Registration, 12:30 Start Time on 01/29/2023
Hosted by
  Dan
Contact Host
Format
Metal Fight Limited

A limited amount of official Metal Fight/Fusion gear can be used.

View Rulebook

Type
1on1

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
0 cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Join the Toronto Beyblade community for a 1-on-1 Metal Fight Limited Unranked Format tournament at 401 Games (750 Yonge Street) on January 29th, 2023 at 12:30PM. 

This event will see the Pre-Hybrid Wheel System Libra Wheel (all molds) allowed for play. 

This is something I've had on my mind for a while now, as not always do our bans stay true or make sense as metas shift or progress. I've done extensive testing on this, you can check my YouTube for some of my findings - including how PHW Libra does in Limited.

We will also be using the Shin TA/Repro TA Stadium for this tournament!

Be sure to read the Deck Format rules and MFB Limited rules outlined below before attendance.

MUST READ: COVID-19 Recommendations in Effect
Due to COVID-19, all tournament participants and attendees are recommended to abide by the recommendations outlined and linked in full detail below.

1. Feeling unwell? Stay at home.
2. Consider Wearing a Mask or Face Covering.
3. Thumbs Up Instead of Handshakes
4. Do Not Lend or Play with Others Equipment
5. During Beyblade Inspection, Disassemble Beyblades for Judges
6. Do Not Bring More Than 1 Person With You
7. Maintain Physical Distancing (2 meters/6 feet apart)
8. After each Match Judges Should Disinfect Stadium
9. Only Bladers Registered Before the Tournament Day may Participate (Exceptions apply).
10. Eliminated from the tournament? You should leave the tournament area.

Please see additional event information and any local or federal requirements below. 

The health and safety of each participant in this event will be our top priority. We expect all participants to abide by any requirements outlined on the page linked below.

This event is being hosted in accordance with the WBO's COVID-19 event recommendations outlined above, as well as:
Thank you for your understanding and stay safe!

Check-in, Registration & Participant Limit (16) Details

Tournament Check-in Details
  • Check-in begins at 12:00PM.
  • Check-in ends at 12:30PM. We will begin the tournament shortly thereafter, if not immediately. 
  • See more details under the "Need-to-Know Information" section at the bottom.
Registration & Participant Limit Details
  • This tournament has a maximum participant limit of 16 players.
  • If you are certain you can make it, please hit the blue JOIN TOURNAMENT button at the top of this page to register confirm your spot! 
  • Once 16 players have registered, you will not be able to enter the tournament.
  • As such, only users registered on the list at the top of the event page can participate in the tournament. No exceptions.
  • If you are unable to make it to the event, DO NOT hit the "Join Tournament" button. If you need to withdraw, hit the UNJOIN/LEAVE TOURNAMENT button.
  • If something unexpected comes up last minute and you cannot come, please post in this thread. Any players who sign up on this thread and do not show up without any prior notice will receive a warning in accordance with our Community Rules.

We will be playing inside this time, courtesy of the very kind 401 Games, located at 750 Yonge Street. We will be playing concurrently with a few TCG events this afternoon, towards the back of the store. Being respectful of the start time, venue, store workers, and other players alongside us is paramount. 

If you're a fan of TCGs, I am sure you'll love 401. Just try to not get lost in the stacks during the tournament!

[Image: tqWg4A8.png]

[Image: 401logo_long.png?v=115881202871366143491665074970]

If you have any questions about the location, time, or date, please feel free to post about it below. 

Any updates to the venue location or rescheduling will be posted by me on the morning-of, at the latest. If you see nothing posted to the contrary, assume everything is continuing as outlined here.

First & Final Stage Match Formats

The First Stage of this event will be featuring the 1-on-1 Match Type. The Final Stage will use the WBO Deck Format rules. Both match types can be read about in depth by clicking below.

If you have any questions please feel free to leave a response on this thread or PM me directly.

*"Libra [Metal System]" will be legal for this event. Because of the event's experimental nature it is actually recommended for you to try and incorporate this wheel into your game plan if possible.

Have a BeyStadium? Bring it!

We will be bringing Shin TA/Repro TA stadiums for this event, but more of any stadium are always welcome!

[Image: 07dEsq9.png]

Any BeyStadium is fine for free play. If you can bring one, please post here to let us know in advance.

Tournament Bracket on Challonge

[Image: bRO7nah.png]

As always, during the tournament while we cannot give you a set time for when your next match will take place, you are welcome to follow along with the tournament bracket on Challonge. Challonge is the management tool we use to run the event.

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

This event has been approved.
Very excited to chill at the end of the month, GL everyone!
yo i got a burst standard stadium if anyone needs to test at the tourney
Hey! Wish i could come along but i dont even have a metal fight launcher, I only got some but i broke it! Best of luck at the tournament!
(Jan. 14, 2023  4:34 AM)JoshZ Wrote: Hey! Wish i could come along but i dont even have a metal fight launcher, I only got some but i broke it! Best of luck at the tournament!

We may have spares you can borrow for matches. I will personally be bringing some random combos as well for people to try out.

If anyone has spare launchers for the event, post here.
(Jan. 15, 2023  6:21 AM)Dan Wrote:
(Jan. 14, 2023  4:34 AM)JoshZ Wrote: Hey! Wish i could come along but i dont even have a metal fight launcher, I only got some but i broke it! Best of luck at the tournament!

We may have spares you can borrow for matches. I will personally be bringing some random combos as well for people to try out.

So you would allow me to borrow a launcher and a random combo?
(Jan. 15, 2023  4:28 PM)JoshZ Wrote:
(Jan. 15, 2023  6:21 AM)Dan Wrote: We may have spares you can borrow for matches. I will personally be bringing some random combos as well for people to try out.

So you would allow me to borrow a launcher and a random combo?

Yup. Abellia and I will have random beys for use!
I would go but I have volleyball that day 😭😭
(Jan. 15, 2023  6:21 AM)Dan Wrote:

If that is the case I might go, I only own a couple metal fight beys
i might not be playing but i'll be there for a card game tournament, so see ya guys there!
(Jan. 22, 2023  6:41 AM)MDK Shady Wrote: i might not be playing but i'll be there for a card game tournament, so see ya guys there!

MDK!!!!! How are we running into each other in the most random ways bro lol See you there. LMK if the noise level is OK.
Hey everybody! cant wait to see you all at the tournament! Thank you Dan for hosting this!
In preparation for the event I've made the Challonge we'll be using the day of. I am hoping we fall between 12 and 16 players in order to have a nice Group Round Robin event.

The link is in the OP but can also be found by pressing below:

Hey everyone. I just wanted to make sure if at the tournament there will be a string launcher for me to lend and some combos for the tournament? pls let me know
unfortunately i gotta drop out, sorry guys, see you in the next one hopefully
Just to let everyone know I’ll be a little late with the stadiums and boxes, I should be there by 12:15-12:30.
Here is the spreadsheet for the event today.

Big thank you to everyone who showed up, it was much appreciated! We will do our best to coordinate with 401 Games again soon, it was such a pleasure to be able to use their venue and interact with their staff!

Congratulations to the following participants on their success today:

1st Dan!

2nd Abellia!

3rd CelesReturner!

4th cheesecxke!

Hoping next time to have even more people show up! Thanks again to everyone that came through, I hope you all thought it was enjoyable!
This event has been processed.