Energy Layer: Xcalius/Xcalibur

Quote:Xcalius, known in Japan as Xcalibur is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the Starter Xcalibur Force Xtreme

==Description==
Xcalius is an Attack Type Layer based on the legendary sword Excalibur and features a large sword running down the length of the Layer, two bird heads along the sides and a large X in the center. This Layer contains one primary contact point, the tip of the sword which protrudes significantly from the bottom which makes this Layer excel at giving both Over Finishes and Burst Finishes. The original Japanese release of Xcalibur had redesigned teeth compared to the original single Layers in that they were made much wider to fix a problem with wear, said teeth are also very tall which allows the Layer to withstand its own recoil and avoid Burst Finishes. These factors make the Layer a top-tier choice for Attack Combinations.

However, the design of this Layer makes it incredibly unbalanced and easy to destabilize, though this trait can be used for niche Hop Attack combinations such as Xcalius Oval/Quarter Quake.

==Overall==
With Xcalius' strong teeth and aggressive shape this Layer has become top-tier for attack customizations and has found usefulness in Hop Attack combinations as well. Furthermore the original Takara Tomy release pairs the layer with other top-tier attack parts. Thus "every blader should own this layer."

==Trivia==
  • While not listed as a Dual Layer, Xcalius is constructed in an identical fashion to a Dual Layer
==Product List==

==Takara Tomy==
  • B-25 Xcalibur Force Xtreme (Translucent Red/Gold)
  • Xcalibur Force Xtreme (Gold Ver.) (Gold)
  • Xcalibur Force Xtreme (Saint Knight Ver.) (Pearl)
  • CoroCoro promotion (Translucent Black/Gold)
  • BG-04 Random Layer Collection 4 (Translucent Blue/Silver)
==Hasbro==
  • Dual Pack Roktavor R2 and Xcalius

While I did find an Xcalibur page on the wiki: http://beyblade.wikia.com/wiki/Layer_-_Xcalibur
I really felt like it needed to be redone.

Tell me what you guys think and what needs to be changed.
Hm, I was the one who wrote that Xcalibur article hah. Xcalibur Attack customizations really need to be advised, as does the original article, so overall it looks like you just reworded everything without really keeping all of the content...?

For the Scavenger Hunt though, I cannot count this.
(Jan. 17, 2017  5:17 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Hm, I was the one who wrote that Xcalibur article hah. Xcalibur Attack customizations really need to be advised, as does the original article, so overall it looks like you just reworded everything without really keeping all of the content...?

For the Scavenger Hunt though, I cannot count this.

To be honest I'm not interested in the Scavenger Hunt, I just wanted to try my hand at making some articles, or at least giving a starting point for a better one.
(Jan. 01, 2017  7:59 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Xcalius, known in Japan as Xcalibur is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the Starter Xcalibur Force Xtreme

==Description==
Xcalius is an Attack Type Layer based on the legendary sword Excalibur and features a large sword running down the length of the Layer, two bird heads along the sides and a large X in the center. This Layer contains one primary contact point, the tip of the sword which protrudes significantly from the bottom which makes this Layer excel at giving both Over Finishes and Burst Finishes. The original Japanese release of Xcalibur was the first Layer to have redesigned teeth in that they were made much wider to fix a problem with wear, said teeth are also very tall which allows the Layer to withstand its own recoil and avoid Burst Finishes. These factors make the Layer a top-tier choice for Attack Combinations.

==Use in Attack Combinations==
Xcalius can be put to use in the combo Xcalius Heavy/Gravity Xtreme. The Xcalius Layer works best when paired with a quick and aggressive tip like Xtreme and the heavy weight of the Heavy/Gravity disk adds to the combination's momentum and striking power.

==Overall==
With Xcalius' strong teeth and aggressive shape this Layer has become top-tier for attack customizations and unlike other top-tier attack layers like Valtryek, the redesigned teeth will not wear down with use. Furthermore the original Takara Tomy release pairs the layer with other top-tier attack parts. Thus every blader should own this layer.

==Trivia==
  • While not listed as a Dual Layer, Xcalius is constructed in an identical fashion to a Dual Layer
  • The Translucent Blue/Silver version of Xcalius in the BG-04 Random Layer Collection is very fragile with numerous cases of the top portion of the sword breaking off.
==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
==Hasbro==

Tried adding more info on this Layer's performance as well as state how the Random Layer collection version breaks very easily.
(May. 01, 2017  1:23 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Jan. 01, 2017  7:59 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Xcalius, known in Japan as Xcalibur is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the Starter Xcalibur Force Xtreme

==Description==
Xcalius is an Attack Type Layer based on the legendary sword Excalibur and features a large sword running down the length of the Layer, two bird heads along the sides and a large X in the center. This Layer contains one primary contact point, the tip of the sword which protrudes significantly from the bottom which makes this Layer excel at giving both Over Finishes and Burst Finishes. The original Japanese release of Xcalibur was the first Layer to have redesigned teeth in that they were made much wider to fix a problem with wear, said teeth are also very tall which allows the Layer to withstand its own recoil and avoid Burst Finishes. These factors make the Layer a top-tier choice for Attack Combinations.

Xcalius can be put to use in the combo Xcalius Heavy/Gravity Xtreme. The Xcalius Layer works best when paired with a quick and aggressive tip like Xtreme and the heavy weight of the Heavy/Gravity disk adds to the combination's momentum and striking power.

==Overall==
With Xcalius' strong teeth and aggressive shape this Layer has become top-tier for attack customizations and unlike other top-tier attack layers like Valtryek, the redesigned teeth will not wear down with use. Furthermore the original Takara Tomy release pairs the layer with other top-tier attack parts. Thus every blader should own this layer.

==Trivia==
  • The Translucent Blue/Silver version of Xcalius in the BG-04 Random Layer Collection is very fragile with numerous cases of the top portion of the sword breaking off.
==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
==Hasbro==

Tried adding more info on this Layer's performance as well as state how the Random Layer collection version breaks very easily.

You should also add that how imbalanced xcalibur is and its usefulness in hop attackers like xcalibur oval/armed / quarter quake .Also i think quarter and yell should also be added along heavy and gravity in  that suggested attack combo.
But hop attack combos are just for fun and don't have any use in the meta game
(May. 30, 2017  1:13 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: But hop attack combos are just for fun and don't have any use in the meta game

oh ok. they are a bit too risky.
Bump, I do think is ready to be published but I need official confirmation
(I don't think a Hasbro section is needed since Xcalibur and Xcalius seem to perform identically in their respective formats according to the testing thread)
(Jun. 11, 2017  4:38 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Bump, I do think is ready to be published but I need official confirmation
(I don't think a Hasbro section is needed since Xcalibur and Xcalius seem to perform identically in their respective formats according to the testing thread)

i think u should mention this fact in the draft that both TT and hasbro ver perform the same.
Bump, I really think this can be published but I have to get official confirmation
(Jun. 17, 2017  7:52 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Bump, I really think this can be published but I have to get official confirmation

i think it should be mentioned in the thread that both hasbro and TT Xcalius perform the same.also i wanted to ask if both versions perform identical then wouldnt it be better to just buy the hasbro one since hasbro beys are more durable?
(Jun. 21, 2017  5:07 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jun. 17, 2017  7:52 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Bump, I really think this can be published but I have to get official confirmation

i think it should be mentioned in the thread that both hasbro and TT Xcalius perform the same.also i wanted to ask if both versions perform identical then wouldnt it be better to just buy the hasbro one since hasbro beys are more durable?

the original xcalibur doesn't have any breaking issues so that's not necessary
(Jun. 21, 2017  8:04 AM)mj9 Wrote:
(Jun. 21, 2017  5:07 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: i think it should be mentioned in the thread that both hasbro and TT Xcalius perform the same.also i wanted to ask if both versions perform identical then wouldnt it be better to just buy the hasbro one since hasbro beys are more durable?

the original xcalibur doesn't have any breaking issues so that's not necessary

Xcalibur have lot of breaking issues.
(Jun. 22, 2017  7:30 PM)BeybladeFanOff Wrote:
(Jun. 21, 2017  8:04 AM)mj9 Wrote: the original xcalibur doesn't have any breaking issues so that's not necessary

Xcalibur have lot of breaking issues.

That's only the blue version
(Jun. 22, 2017  7:43 PM)Mage Wrote:
(Jun. 22, 2017  7:30 PM)BeybladeFanOff Wrote: Xcalibur have lot of breaking issues.

That's only the blue version

[Image: CmotGDLVMAAgi_V.jpg]

[Image: Cnz52yBUMAEN3sd.jpg]
(Jun. 22, 2017  7:48 PM)BeybladeFanOff Wrote:
(Jun. 22, 2017  7:43 PM)Mage Wrote: That's only the blue version

[Image: CmotGDLVMAAgi_V.jpg]

[Image: Cnz52yBUMAEN3sd.jpg]

That's XENO XCALIBUR
This thread is about basic layer Xcalibur
i think u should also add quarter in that xcalibur attack combo.
(Jun. 23, 2017  8:10 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: i think u should also add quarter in that xcalibur attack combo.

No quarter is useless
Anybody know the weight?
(May. 01, 2017  1:23 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Xcalius, known in Japan as Xcalibur is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the Starter Xcalibur Force Xtreme

==Description==
Xcalius is an Attack Type Layer based on the legendary sword Excalibur and features a large sword running down the length of the Layer, two bird heads along the sides and a large "X" in the center. This Layer contains one primary contact point, the tip of the sword which protrudes significantly from the bottom which makes this Layer excel at giving both Over Finishes and Burst Finishes. The original Japanese release of Xcalibur was the first Layer to have redesigned teeth in that they were made much wider to fix a problem with wear, said teeth are also very tall which allows the Layer to withstand its own recoil and avoid Burst Finishes. However, Xcalius' design makes it incredibly unbalanced which worsens its stamina and can break Banking Patterns.

Xcalius can be put to use in the combination Xcalius Heavy/Gravity Xtreme. The Xcalius Layer works best when paired with a quick and aggressive tip like Xtreme and the heavy weight of the Heavy/Gravity disk adds to the combination's momentum and striking power. Furthermore the high friction of Xtreme resists Banking Pattern loss from Xcalius' off balanced design.

==Overall==
With Xcalius' strong teeth and aggressive shape this Layer has become top-tier for attack customizations and unlike other top-tier attack layers like Valtryek, the redesigned teeth will not wear down with use. However, Xcalius incurs self-Bursts much more easily than Valtryek, the off balanced design reduces stamina and is liable to breaking banking patterns. Furthermore, with the release of the Evolution/God Layer Series, Xcalius is too light to stay competitive. As such Xcalius is recommended only for collection purposes.

==Differences in the Hasbro Version==
Hasbro's release of Xcalius is almost identical to Takara Tomy's release with strong slopes that grant the Layer high Burst resistance. With the weakened slopes of Hasbro's Valtryek, Xcalius has become a top tier part in Attack combinations. However, Hasbro's Xcalius is still off balance with the same stamina and Banking Pattern problems making it outclassed by Roktavor. Despite lagging behind Roktavor, Hasbro's Xcalius is still a top tier and must have part for any competitive blader.

==Trivia==
==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
==Hasbro==
  • Dual Pack Roktavor R2 and Xcalius (translucent red/gold)
  • Beyblade Master Kit Xcalius Force Xtreme (gold)
WEIGHT CREEP
(Nov. 14, 2017  2:30 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(May. 01, 2017  1:23 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Xcalius, known in Japan as Xcalibur is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the Starter Xcalibur Force Xtreme

==Description==
Xcalius is an Attack Type Layer based on the legendary sword Excalibur and features a large sword running down the length of the Layer, two bird heads along the sides and a large "X" in the center. This Layer contains one primary contact point, the tip of the sword which protrudes significantly from the bottom which makes this Layer excel at giving both Over Finishes and Burst Finishes. The original Japanese release of Xcalibur was the first Layer to have redesigned teeth in that they were made much wider to fix a problem with wear, said teeth are also very tall which allows the Layer to withstand its own recoil and avoid Burst Finishes. However, Xcalius' design makes it incredibly unbalanced which worsens its stamina and can break Banking Patterns.

Xcalius can be put to use in the combination Xcalius Heavy/Gravity Xtreme. The Xcalius Layer works best when paired with a quick and aggressive tip like Xtreme and the heavy weight of the Heavy/Gravity disk adds to the combination's momentum and striking power. Furthermore the high friction of Xtreme resists Banking Pattern loss from Xcalius' off balanced design.

==Overall==
With Xcalius' strong teeth and aggressive shape this Layer has become top-tier for attack customizations and unlike other top-tier attack layers like Valtryek, the redesigned teeth will not wear down with use. However, Xcalius incurs self-Bursts much more easily than Valtryek, the off balanced design reduces stamina and is liable to breaking banking patterns. Furthermore, with the release of the Evolution/God Layer Series, Xcalius is too light to stay competitive. As such Xcalius is recommended only for collection purposes.

Hasbro's release of Xcalius is almost identical to Takara Tomy's release with strong slopes that grant the Layer high Burst resistance. With the weakened slopes of Hasbro's Valtryek, Xcalius has become a top tier part in Attack combinations. However, Hasbro's Xcalius is still off balance with the same stamina and Banking Pattern problems making it outclassed by Roktavor. Despite lagging behind Roktavor, Hasbro's Xcalius is still a top tier and must have part for any competitive blader.

==Trivia==
==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
==Hasbro==
WEIGHT CREEP
The weight's important man. One thing an article needs to truly be complete is the weight. But hey, no rush. If you or anyone get it, please PM me or feel free to add it to the existing article yourself. You and all of the others on the WBO put in some serious work and I commend you all for that. Obviously, I'm a newbie in all of this, so that sentiment may not mean much to some of you, but still, please keep it up. Eventually, the Beyblade Wikia will get to a state where there's info for everything and I look forward to that, you know what I'm saying? Still though, thanks and be sure to have a good one!
(Nov. 14, 2017  2:30 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:

==Description==

==Overall==

==Use in Attack Customization==
Xcalius can be put to use in Attack Customization Xcalius Heavy/Gravity/Knuckle/Down Extreme VariableThe aggressive shape of Xcalius combined with the high speed of Extreme/Variable can provide powerful hits. While using Gravity/Heavy can provide more powerful hits using Knuckle/Down can provide more burst resistance.

==Trivia==
==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
==Hasbro==
added a hasbro combo rest was perfect didnt needed any edits.

(Nov. 14, 2017  7:26 AM)kjrules17 Wrote:
(Nov. 14, 2017  2:30 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: WEIGHT CREEP
The weight's important man. One thing an article needs to truly be complete is the weight. But hey, no rush. If you or anyone get it, please PM me or feel free to add it to the existing article yourself. You and all of the others on the WBO put in some serious work and I commend you all for that. Obviously, I'm a newbie in all of this, so that sentiment may not mean much to some of you, but still, please keep it up. Eventually, the Beyblade Wikia will get to a state where there's info for everything and I look forward to that, you know what I'm saying? Still though, thanks and be sure to have a good one!

he wasnt talking about u he was talking about the meta
(Nov. 14, 2017  10:13 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: added a hasbro combo rest was perfect didnt needed any edits.

(Nov. 14, 2017  7:26 AM)kjrules17 Wrote: The weight's important man. One thing an article needs to truly be complete is the weight. But hey, no rush. If you or anyone get it, please PM me or feel free to add it to the existing article yourself. You and all of the others on the WBO put in some serious work and I commend you all for that. Obviously, I'm a newbie in all of this, so that sentiment may not mean much to some of you, but still, please keep it up. Eventually, the Beyblade Wikia will get to a state where there's info for everything and I look forward to that, you know what I'm saying? Still though, thanks and be sure to have a good one!

he wasnt talking about u he was talking about the meta
Oh ok. Still though, keep it up with the testing and info on parts as such.