Energy Layer - Spriggan Requiem

Quote:[Hasbro Name], known as Spriggan Requiem in Japan, is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-100 Starter Spriggan Requiem 0 Zeta on December 28, 2017

==Description==
Spriggan Requiem is a Balance Type Energy Layer that features two heads, meant to represent the Layer's Japanese namesake; a spriggan, a legendary beast of Cornish Faery Lore, and a large double bladed axe that goes from the center to the perimeter. As part of the Switch-Strike/God Layer System, Spriggan Requiem features gimmicks;

Like its predecessor Legend Spriggan, Spriggan Requiem is a Dual Spin Layer with two sets of teeth on the Japanese release for Right Spin Mode and Left Spin Mode.
Like Drain Fafnir, Spriggan Requiem features rubber parts to allow for Spin Equalization.
Like its predecessor Legend Spriggan, as well as Sieg Xcalibur, Luinor L2 and Nightmare Longinus, Spriggan Requiem features metal in the Layer to increase its weight, in this case in the form of a non-removable Metal God Chip.

Due to the Dual Spin Gimmick, recoil between the opponent and Spriggan Requiem can be increased or reduced depending on the Layer's setting and the opponent's spin direction. Furthermore, Spriggan Requiem's asymmetrical design means that performance changes on either setting due to the differently shaped points of contact. [More information to come when testing is done]

Due to the high friction rubber parts, Spriggan Requiem is capable of Spin Equalization with an opposite spin opponent, allowing a Spriggan Requiem combination to out spin its opponent depending on the Performance Tip, Disk and/or Frame used. Furthermore, the high friction rubber creates Burst potential against a same spin opponent by acting as brakes against the opponent's Layer and causing it to Burst against Spriggan Reqiuem's higher Burst resistance.*

==Overall==

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-100 Spriggan Requiem 0 Zeta (red and gold, white rubber, blue god chip)
  • B-100 Spriggan Requiem 0 Zeta - Rare Random Black Version (black and gold, white rubber, red god chip)
==Hasbro==
*Not yet confirmed

If you're wondering why I listed the gimmicks off as comparisons, advertisement and the manga show Spriggan Requiem as a combination of other Layers.
i have reason to believe SR is only to be used with separate performance tips and frames thanks to zeta's failure to compensate with certain opponents
From what I’ve seen, Spriggan Requiem has a lower exposed amount of rubber, so it can’t spin equalize as much as drain fafnir can, and I think the gold parts are also metal, but I’m not sure

Also it has a square shape and it seems to be really good for attack from what I’ve seen
(Jan. 03, 2018  5:55 PM)mrvitobeygeek2 Wrote: From what I’ve seen, Spriggan Requiem has a lower exposed amount of rubber, so it can’t spin equalize as much as drain fafnir can, and I think the gold parts are also metal, but I’m not sure

Also it has a square shape and it seems to be really good for attack from what I’ve seen

It's only the God Chip that's metal
Thank you for clarifying
Both sets of teeth on Sr have an extremely tall length, teeth that are like driger slash’s teeth and Sr seems more consistent in left spin attack then lS but I’d say they’re both on par for attack
Looking at some of the Youtube vids Sr seems to be not even close to steal spinning to dF extent.
(Jan. 13, 2018  12:32 PM)Maximum beys Wrote: Looking at some of the Youtube vids Sr seems to be not even close to steal spinning to dF extent.

Yeah because back then when drain fafnir was released its Layer was almost completely made out of rubber, while comparing it to Spriggan Requiem, it manages to spin equalize about 2/3s lower than drain fafnir

That’s also mainly because the rubber seems to not to protrude as far as dF
(Jan. 13, 2018  3:17 PM)mrvitobeygeek2 Wrote:
(Jan. 13, 2018  12:32 PM)Maximum beys Wrote: Looking at some of the Youtube vids Sr seems to be not even close to steal spinning to dF extent.

Yeah because back then when drain fafnir was released its Layer was almost completely made out of rubber, while comparing it to Spriggan Requiem, it manages to spin equalize about 2/3s lower than drain fafnir

That’s also mainly because the rubber seems to not to protrude as far as dF

Drain's layer is not even close to completely rubber.
so @[MonoDragon] if Sr uses the same gimmick as lS to change teeth, would it also have a wearing problem for the first two teeth like lS had (on lS's draft)?

Just wondering...
(Feb. 08, 2018  1:57 AM)Dragunix Wrote: so @[MonoDragon] if Sr uses the same gimmick as lS to change teeth, would it also have a wearing problem for the first two teeth like lS had (on lS's draft)?

Just wondering...

I think so? Thankfully Spriggan Requiem has far less recoil so that won’t be such an issue
(Feb. 08, 2018  2:04 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Feb. 08, 2018  1:57 AM)Dragunix Wrote: so @[MonoDragon] if Sr uses the same gimmick as lS to change teeth, would it also have a wearing problem for the first two teeth like lS had (on lS's draft)?

Just wondering...

I think so? Thankfully Spriggan Requiem has far less recoil so that won’t be such an issue

ah okay...
(Dec. 30, 2017  1:51 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: [Hasbro Name], known as Spriggan Requiem in Japan, is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-100 Starter Spriggan Requiem 0 Zeta on December 28, 2017

==Description==
Spriggan Requiem is a Balance Type Energy Layer that features an overall circular perimeter with small indents, creating a shape akin to Jail Jormungand, two heads, meant to represent the Layer's Japanese namesake; a spriggan, a legendary beast of Cornish Faery Lore, and a large double bladed axe that goes from the center to the perimeter. As part of the Switch-Strike/God Layer System, Spriggan Requiem features gimmicks;

Like its predecessor Legend Spriggan, Spriggan Requiem is a Dual Spin Layer with two sets of teeth on the Japanese release for Right Spin Mode and Left Spin Mode.

Like Drain Fafnir, Spriggan Requiem features rubber parts to allow for Spin Equalization.

Like its predecessor Legend Spriggan, as well as Sieg Xcalibur, Lost Longinus and Nightmare Longinus, Spriggan Requiem features metal in the Layer to increase its weight, in this case in the form of a non-removable Metal God Chip.

Due to the Dual Spin Gimmick, recoil between the opponent and Spriggan Requiem can be increased or reduced depending on the Layer's setting and the opponent's spin direction. While the asymmetrical design may imply different performance depending on spin direction, Spriggan Requiem's round design makes little to no discernible difference between Right Spin Mode and Left Spin Mode. Because of this, it is recommended to set the Layer to spin opposite to the opponent to maximize Defense and Stamina potential as there is too little recoil for Attack potential.

Due to the high friction rubber parts, Spriggan Requiem is capable of Spin Equalization with an opposite spin opponent, allowing a Spriggan Requiem combination to out spin its opponent depending on the Performance Tip, Disk and/or Frame used. While the effect is noticeably less than that of Drain Fafnir due to there being only two points of rubber contact, it is still comparable.

The thickness and thus weight of the Layer creates high inertia and Outward-Weight-Distribution which increases the Stamina, Knock-Out resistance and Burst resistance of the Layer, making Spriggan Requiem a top-tier choice for Defense and Stamina combinations.

However, like Legend Spriggan, in order to facilitate the Dual Spin gimmick, two of the teeth on each set are made to the thickness of those found on Basic Layers, meaning that the first two teeth on each set will wear down fairly quickly. Due to this, it is recommended to have multiple copies of this Layer and to be prepared to replace it.

==Use in Defense/Stamina Spin-Equalization Combinations==
Spriggan Requiem can be put to use in the Defense/Stamina Spin-Equalization combination Spriggan Requiem 0/2/4/5/7 Cross/Glaive Atomic/Orbit/Destroy. Spriggan Requiem's Stamina and Knock-Out resistance is bolstered by the Stamina and weight of the 0/2/4/5/7 Disc and the Stamina of the Atomic/Orbit/Destroy Tip while the heavy weight and teeth of the Layer and the free-spinning and plastic nature of the Tip compensates for the increased Burst risk of using heavy Discs. When spinning opposite to the opponent, the rubber of Spriggan Requiem and the low friction of the Atomic/Orbit/Destroy Tip allows for high amounts of Spin-Equalization while the Life-After-Death of Cross/Glaive and Atomic/Destroy allows the combination to out spin its opponent.

==Overall==
Due to Spriggan Requiem's round shape, heavy weight, spin equalization potential, strong teeth and Dual Spin nature, this Layer has become a top-tier choice for Defense and Stamina combinations, outclassing Alter Chronos and Drain Fafnir.

As such, Spriggan Requiem is a must have for competitive bladers. However, due to the teeth wear, it is recommended to have multiple copies of this Layer to replace ones that have worn down.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-100 Spriggan Requiem 0 Zeta - Rare Random Black Version (black and gold, white rubber, red god chip)
==Hasbro==
(Feb. 14, 2018  5:07 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Dec. 30, 2017  1:51 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: [Hasbro Name], known as Spriggan Requiem in Japan, is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-100 Starter Spriggan Requiem 0 Zeta on December 28, 2017

==Description==
Spriggan Requiem is a Balance Type Energy Layer that features an overall circular perimeter with small indents, creating a shape akin to Jail Jormungand, two heads, meant to represent the Layer's Japanese namesake; a spriggan, a legendary beast of Cornish Faery Lore, and a large double bladed axe that goes from the center to the perimeter. As part of the Switch-Strike/God Layer System, Spriggan Requiem features gimmicks;

Like its predecessor Legend Spriggan, as well as Sieg Xcalibur, Luinor L2 and Nightmare Longinus, Spriggan Requiem features metal in the Layer to increase its weight, in this case in the form of a non-removable Metal God Chip.

Due to the Dual Spin Gimmick, recoil between the opponent and Spriggan Requiem can be increased or reduced depending on the Layer's setting and the opponent's spin direction. While the asymmetrical design may imply different performance depending on spin direction, Spriggan Requiem's round design makes little to no discernible difference between Right Spin Mode and Left Spin Mode. Because of this, it is recommended to set the Layer to spin opposite to the opponent to maximize Defense and Stamina potential as there is too little recoil for Attack potential.

Due to the high friction rubber parts, Spriggan Requiem is capable of Spin Equalization with an opposite spin opponent, allowing a Spriggan Requiem combination to out spin its opponent depending on the Performance Tip, Disk and/or Frame used. While the effect is noticeably less than that of Drain Fafnir due to there being only two points of rubber contact, it is still comparable.

The thickness and thus weight of the Layer creates high inertia and Outward-Weight-Distribution which increases the Stamina, Knock-Out resistance and Burst resistance of the Layer, making Spriggan Requiem a top-tier choice for Defense and Stamina combinations.

However, like Legend Spriggan, in order to facilitate the Dual Spin gimmick, two of the teeth on each set are made to the thickness of those found on Basic Layers, meaning that the first two teeth on each set will wear down fairly quickly. Due to this, it is recommended to have multiple copies of this Layer and to be prepared to replace it.

==Use in Defense/Stamina Spin-Equalization Combinations==
Spriggan Requiem can be put to use in the Defense/Stamina Spin-Equalization combination Spriggan Requiem 0/2/4/5/7 Cross/Glaive Atomic/Orbit/Destroy. Spriggan Requiem's Stamina and Knock-Out resistance is bolstered by the Stamina and weight of the 0/2/4/5/7 Disc and the Stamina of the Atomic/Orbit/Destroy Tip while the heavy weight and teeth of the Layer and the free-spinning and plastic nature of the Tip compensates for the increased Burst risk of using heavy Discs. When spinning opposite to the opponent, the rubber of Spriggan Requiem and the low friction of the Atomic/Orbit/Destroy Tip allows for high amounts of Spin-Equalization while the Life-After-Death of Cross/Glaive and Atomic/Destroy allows the combination to out spin its opponent.

==Overall==
Due to Spriggan Requiem's round shape, heavy weight, spin equalization potential, strong teeth and Dual Spin nature, this Layer has become a top-tier choice for Defense and Stamina combinations, outclassing Alter Chronos and Drain Fafnir.

As such, Spriggan Requiem is a must have for competitive bladers. However, due to the teeth wear, it is recommended to have multiple copies of this Layer to replace ones that have worn down.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
==Hasbro==
how is the burst attack in comparison to dF?
(Feb. 14, 2018  5:41 AM)Dragunix Wrote: how is the burst attack in comparison to dF?

Drain Fafnir does not have great Burst Attack to begin with (unless up against Legend Spriggan in right spin)

But I would assume even less due to less rubber
Well, I got my Sr like a week ago and the burst attack is RIDICULOUSLY GOOD. What I mean is, first of all, it got awesome attack points and when it slows down and looks like it's loosing then suddenly the rubber gets contact and mostly bursts it.
How consistent is Legend Spriggan on 7 Meteor Xtreme against Spriggan Requiem on 4 Cross Atomic
(Feb. 17, 2018  4:43 AM)Koopa troopa Wrote: I orderd spriggan reqium

That would go on recent purchases or whatever it's called. Anyways, I find same spin would out spin the opponent with more rotations left than left vs right.
Can we poll if we should call it S3 or S4? I am betting on S3 for sure and everyone else is bananas about it.
(Apr. 13, 2018  9:50 AM)IronFace879 Wrote: Can we poll if we should call it S3 or S4? I am betting on S3 for sure and everyone else is bananas about it.
If you're referring to the Hasbro name for Spriggan Requiem, it's supposed to be "Spryzen Requiem S3". That's what the product listing says for it on Entertainment Earth (https://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodi...=HSE0723DD). But let's just wait to see that clean box of Hasbro's Sr to be revealed and then go from there, you know?
Welp, guess it’s approved 99.5% Spryzen Requiem S3. That 99.5% comes from the app of Beyblade Burst as a game. The last 0.5% is if it’s really going to release as an S3 or not.