Energy Layer - Shelter Regulus

Quote:[Hasbro Name], known as Shelter Regulus in Japan, is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst system. It debuted with the release of the B-95 Random Booster Volume 8 Shelter Regulus 5Star Tower on October 21, 2017.

==Description==
Shelter Regulus is a Balance Type Energy Layer that features two lion heads and two lion claws on each side meant to represent this Layer’s namesake, the brightest star in the Leo Constellation, Regulus. As part of the Evolution/God Layer System, Shelter Regulus features a gimmick; the lion heads and claws can extend and retract in battle to create an Attack Mode and Defense Mode, akin to the Variares Metal Wheel from Metal Fight Beyblade.

Due to centrifugal force, the lion heads and claws will extend outward to increase the gaps in the Layer to increase Attack Potential. When spin speed drops later in battle, the heads and claws will retract in order to make the blades compact and reduce recoil.

==Overall==

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-95 Random Booster Vol. 8 Shelter Regulus 5Star Tower (blue and yellow plastic)
==Hasbro==

==Trivia==
  • Shelter Regulus’ gimmick is identical to Variares, only reversed.
Information on Performance and Overall Section is omitted until testing is done.

Personally, I don’t have the greatest of hopes, especially for Defense Mode as the Layer is square, and we all know how bad square Layers are for defense.
Article Skeleton has been up for a while, here's the link: http://beyblade.wikia.com/wiki/Energy_La...er_Regulus

Also, Mono, I could add the Description to the Skeleton right? Or could that be outdated info as well?
(Oct. 30, 2017  9:03 PM)kjrules17 Wrote: Article Skeleton has been up for a while, here's the link: http://beyblade.wikia.com/wiki/Energy_La...er_Regulus

Also, Mono, I could add the Description to the Skeleton right? Or could that be outdated info as well?

Ask Mana
Mana told me to leave it blank for now.
(Oct. 30, 2017  7:12 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: [Hasbro Name], known as Shelter Regulus in Japan, is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst system. It debuted with the release of the B-95 Random Booster Volume 8 Shelter Regulus 5Star Tower on October 21, 2017.

==Description==
Shelter Regulus is a Balance Type Energy Layer that features two lion heads and two lion claws on each side meant to represent this Layer’s namesake, the brightest star in the Leo Constellation, Regulus. As part of the Evolution/God Layer System, Shelter Regulus features a gimmick; the lion heads and claws can extend and retract in battle to create an Attack Mode and Defense Mode, akin to the Variares Metal Wheel from Metal Fight Beyblade.

Due to centrifugal force, the lion heads and claws will extend outward to increase the gaps in the Layer and when spin speed drops later in battle, the heads and claws will retract. In theory this is meant to increase Burst Attack potential early in battle and reduce Stamina draining recoil to win by out spin if a Burst is not achieved. However in practice, the change in recoil is minuscule at best with no observable change in performance, furthermore, Shelter Regulus' perimeter is square, even in "Defense Mode" which creates the recoil the gimmick was trying to avoid. Shelter Regulus' performance is further hampered by the weak teeth of the Japanese release which, when combined with the recoil inducing square shape, causes Shelter Regulus combinations to Burst easily.

==Overall==
Due to Shelter Regulus' weak teeth and recoil inducing square shape, the Layer incurs self-Burst far to easily to be competitive. As such this part is recommended for collection purposes only.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-95 Random Booster Vol. 8 Shelter Regulus 5Star Tower (blue and yellow plastic)
==Hasbro==

==Trivia==
  • Shelter Regulus’ gimmick is identical to Variares, only reversed.
  • Since both Shelter Regulus and the Roktavor Line both use the letter "R" for identification, Shelter Regulus uses a reversed "R" for differentiation

It's such a beautiful Layer, but it's just so bad
What about the Hasbro Regulus?
(Oct. 06, 2018  6:01 AM)DragonicMeister Wrote: What about the Hasbro Regulus?

Its also bad
(Oct. 06, 2018  8:03 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote:

Its also bad

Shelter Regulus's slopes are stronger than its teeth, which makes the hasbro version slightly better than its tt version, but besides that, yeah, its bad.

(Oct. 06, 2018  8:03 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote:

Its also bad

Shelter Regulus's slopes are stronger than its teeth, which makes the hasbro version slightly better than its tt version, but besides that, yeah, its bad.
(Dec. 30, 2018  7:19 PM)Sadlyacat Wrote:
(Oct. 06, 2018  8:03 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: Its also bad

(Oct. 06, 2018  8:03 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: Its also bad

I must have gotten lucky because my Hasbro Shelter Regulus is very tight.
(Dec. 30, 2018  10:39 PM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Dec. 30, 2018  7:19 PM)Sadlyacat Wrote: Shelter Regulus's slopes are stronger than its teeth, which makes the hasbro version slightly better than its tt version, but besides that, yeah, its bad.

I must have gotten lucky because my Hasbro Shelter Regulus is very tight.
It is very tight when it is brand new, but the slopes get less tight over time, which is the main reason that a used hasbro shelter regulus, like its tt counterpart, cannot handle its own recoil .

(Dec. 31, 2018  8:55 PM)Sadlyacat Wrote:
(Dec. 30, 2018  10:39 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: I must have gotten lucky because my Hasbro Shelter Regulus is very tight.
It is very tight when it is brand new, but the slopes get less tight over time, which is the main reason that a used hasbro shelter regulus, like its tt counterpart, cannot handle its own recoil .
I mainly have to replace my shelter regulus every 2 months on average because it becomes way to easy to burst.
I had mine for 2 months and it's tight still.
(Dec. 31, 2018  11:19 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: I had mine for 2 months and it's tight still.

How many battles on average have you used it? The main reason the slopes on mine are worse than the brand new version is because I only use shelter regulus in most of the battles I have, as shelter regulus was the first "burst" beyblade I got.

It only gets very bad if you use the layer alot per day, like I do.

Or maybe you are just extremely lucky to get a good mold of shelter regulus, because the gimmick on the second and fifth sR's I had got jammed, so I had to buy new ones.
(sR = Shelter Regulus)

The reason I still use shelter regulus is because it is a fun bey to use, and since the first one I had was a regulus, I just wanna use shelter regulus.
(Jan. 01, 2019  12:31 AM)Sadlyacat Wrote:
(Dec. 31, 2018  11:19 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: I had mine for 2 months and it's tight still.

How many battles on average have you used it? The main reason the slopes on mine are worse than the brand new version is because I only use shelter regulus in most of the battles I have, as shelter regulus was the first "burst" beyblade I got.

It only gets very bad if you use the layer alot per day, like I do.

Or maybe you are just extremely lucky to get a good mold of shelter regulus, because the gimmick on the second and fifth sR's I had got jammed, so I had to buy new ones.
(sR = Shelter Regulus)

The reason I still use shelter regulus is because it is a fun bey to use, and since the first one I had was a regulus, I just wanna use shelter regulus.

I use it almost every day so I must have gotten lucky.
Noice, what combo do you use?
My combo is sR 4Glaive Orbit