Energy Layer: Roktavor (TAKARA-TOMY)

Roktavor, known in Japan as Ragnaruk, is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of Ragnaruk Heavy Survive in July 2015.

==Description==

Weight: 8.5 grams

Roktavor is a rugged looking Energy Layer that bears a striking resemblance to Seaborg's Whale Attacker Attack Ring, featuring two flat, blunt protrusions with smaller, pointier trailing edges. Unlike most other Energy Layers that incorporate some sort of slope or relief, Roktavor has a nearly-uniform thickness throughout the layer. The majority of Roktavor's weight is packed behind its two primary contact points, which, coupled with the shape of these protrusions, provide the layer with a considerable amount of Burst Attack. However, these same features also subject Roktavor to large amounts of rotational recoil during a collision as well. As Roktavor's teeth are unable to handle this recoil, it tends to burst quite often, making it practically unviable in competitive play.

===Use in Attack Customization===
Though outclassed by Valtyrek, Roktavor can be used in the Burst Attack combo Roktavor Armed Revolve. This combo combines Roktavor's moderate Burst Attack with Armed's ability to reduce the chance of the combo self-bursting. While inconsistent at best, it can be used to defeat stationary opponents with particularly poor Burst Defense such as Doomscizor Heavy Revolve.

==Overall==

==Products==
===Takara Tomy===
  • B-03 Ragnaruk Heavy Survive (orange)
  • B-06 Ragnaruk Central Accel (blue)
  • B-15 Ragnaruk Wing Defense (Random Booster Vol. 1) (pale yellow)
  • B-15 Ragnaruk Spread Claw (Random Booster Vol. 1) (pale blue)
  • BG-01 Random Layer Collection Vol. 1 (army green)
  • B-22 Ragnaruk Central Massive (Beyblade Reshuffle Set Stamina & Defense) (aqua blue)
  • CoroCoro Limited Burst Layer (gold)

===Hasbro===
  • B9496 Nepstrius Roktavor Dual Pack
  • B9503 Single Top Pack Roktavor Central Accel

Code:
{{Part Infobox
|Image=
|Name=Roktavor
|PartType=Energy Layer
|Abbreviation=R
|Weight=8.5 grams
|AttackStat=
|DefenseStat=
|StaminaStat=
|BurstStat=
}}
'''Roktavor''', known in Japan as Ragnaruk, is an [[Energy Layer]] released as part of the [[Burst System]]. It debuted with the release of [[Ragnaruk Heavy Survive]] in July 2015.

==Description==
===Takara Tomy===
<onlyinclude>
*'''Weight:''' 8.5 grams

Roktavor is a rugged looking Energy Layer that bears a striking resemblance to Seaborg's Whale Attacker Attack Ring, featuring two flat, blunt protrusions with smaller, pointier trailing edges. Unlike most other Energy Layers that incorporate some sort of slope or relief, Roktavor has a nearly-uniform thickness throughout the layer. The majority of Roktavor's weight is packed behind its two primary contact points, which, coupled with the shape of these protrusions, provide the layer with a considerable amount of Burst Attack. However, these same features also subject Roktavor to large amounts of rotational recoil during a collision as well. As Roktavor has only three average sized teeth and one small tooth, is is unable to handle its own recoil and tends to burst quite often, making it practically unviable in competitive play.

===Use in Attack Customization===
Though outclassed by Valtyrek, Roktavor can be used in the Burst Attack combo '''Roktavor Armed Revolve'''. This combo combines Roktavor's moderate Burst Attack with Armed's ability to reduce the chance of the combo self-bursting. While inconsistent at best, it can be used to defeat stationary opponents with particularly poor Burst Defense such as Doomscizor Heavy Revolve.

===Hasbro===

</onlyinclude>

==Overall==

==Products==
<!--Complete this section in a list format.-->
===Takara Tomy===
*B-03 Ragnaruk Heavy Survive (orange)
*B-06 Ragnaruk Central Accel (blue)
*B-15 Ragnaruk Wing Defense (Random Booster Vol. 1) (pale yellow)
*B-15 Ragnaruk Spread Claw (Random Booster Vol. 1) (pale blue)
*BG-01 Random Layer Collection Vol. 1 (army green)
*B-22 Ragnaruk Central Massive (Beyblade Reshuffle Set Stamina & Defense) (aqua blue)
*CoroCoro Limited Burst Layer (gold)

===Hasbro===
*B9496 Nepstrius Roktavor Dual Pack
*B9503 Single Top Pack Roktavor Central Accel

==Gallery==
===Takara Tomy===
<gallery position="center" widths="130">
</gallery>
===Hasbro===
<gallery position="center" widths="130">
</gallery>

==Trivia==

==References==
{{reflist}}

{{SYSTEM System Parts}}

I don't have the Hasbro version, so I was only able to write about the TT one. If someone has tested the Hasbro Roktavor, could they help out with that part? From like the 2 posts I've read about it it seems to be decent for Attack?
I would just like for the teeth to be described more, but otherwise this is good to be published, since it is perfect with the comparison to Whale Attacker. For the Hasbro version, I have no idea about it either and few do, so simply add an empty "===Mold Variation===" section briefly mentioning Hasbro's version's visual differences at least, and that will be it for now...
wont down be better than armed.also would R be good for stalling ?
Quote:
==Hasbro version==
Like all other Hasbro Energy Layers, Roktavor is made of a softer plastic that causes it to have lower Stamina than its TAKARA-TOMY counterpart. However, despite this, the steep slopes of Roktavor make it much less likely to burst than Ragnarok, meaning that it can take full advantage of its aggressive shape to exhibit excellent performance in the Attack department, excelling in giving Burst Finishes while also having moderate KO Attack. Due to its steep slopes and aggressive shape Roktavor can be used in Attack customization with sucess.
==Use in KO Attack customization==
Roktavor can be put to use on a KO attack set-up Rokatvor Heavy/Gravity/Knuckle/Spread/Down Variable/Extreme.Although Extreme and Variable are preffered for layers excelling in KO attack like Xcalius,their high speed can provide powerful hits which combined with the aggressive shape of Roktavor can burst the opponent.The high speed of Variable/Extreme also increase the chances of an Over finish.While using a heavier disk like Heavy/Gravity might provide powerful hits,using a lighter disk like Spread/Down/Knuckle can reduce the risks of self bursting.
==Use in Mixed Attack Customization== 
Roktavor can be used in Mixed Attack set-up Roktavor Heavy/Gravity/Down/Knuckle/Spread Accel/Zephyr.Although this combo may not posses the same knock-out potential and high speed as Extreme/Variable variants,it is easier to control and the higher stamina of Accel/Zephyr provides more hits,increasing the chances of burst finish or outspin if it fails to KO the opponent.
==Use in Stationary Attack customization==
Due to having excellent Burst Attack,thanks to its aggressive shape Roktavor can be used on stationary attack set-up Roktavor Heavy/Down/Knuckle/Spread/Gravity Survive/Press/Defense/Needle.This combo can burst opponents as consistently as Accel/Zephyr/Extreme/Variable variants while having less chances of self-KOing than Accel/Zephyr/Extreme/Variable variants.In addition to this the aggressive shape of Roktavor can burst other Attack oriented layers on whether they are on a mobile or a stationary set-up.

==Overall==
Overall Roktavor is a top-tier and commonly available energy layer for attack customizations. With its aggressive shape and steep slopes it can be used with success in tournaments and therefore,is a must-have for any competitive blader.
Wait so now that the title has TT in parentheses does that mean we'll be making some new separate threads or do we just keep it as is
This to me doesn't quite sit right, I personally think the Takara Tomy name should be used exclusively when referring to a Takara Tomy beyblade and the Hasbro name used when referring to Hasbro beyblade especially in the recommended combo section.
(Sep. 01, 2017  1:28 AM)Shaady Wrote: This to me doesn't quite sit right, I personally think the Takara Tomy name should be used exclusively when referring to a Takara Tomy beyblade and the Hasbro name used when referring to Hasbro beyblade especially in the recommended combo section.

Yea me too but what can we do its the format of draft writing but i strongly agree that this format should change
(Sep. 01, 2017  1:28 AM)Shaady Wrote: This to me doesn't quite sit right, I personally think the Takara Tomy name should be used exclusively when referring to a Takara Tomy beyblade and the Hasbro name used when referring to Hasbro beyblade especially in the recommended combo section.

Agreed, it sounds kinda shaady..... I'll leave now
So basically what was outlined in these posts then? What you're describing should be done already, and articles shouldn't be about specific toylines either. Stick primarily to the Takara Tomy versions, and have a "Differences in the Hasbro Version" heading later.
should i remove the suggested tt combos inmy draft or should i wait till a limited format for burst is created?cuz roktavor cant be used in tt meta now becuz of the weight difference of new god layer system beys