Energy Layer - Hazard Kerbeus

[quote pid='1447267' dateline='1531183907']
I have the guide. Both the disc and driver have a little red circle that reads "おすすめパーツ!" (which you can see for yourself in the image higher up), which means basically "recommended part" or "suggested part".

Jisho and Google Translate, if you wish to see.

(Note: There aren't separate singular and plural nouns in Japanese. Like 1 fish, 2 fish, 3 fish....)
[/quote]

Yeah well hK.7.At is actaully the confirmed combo in the b-121 set, which is exactly what I said before. So yeah, don't always trust Google translate because I sniped that combo and knew it was legit but no one listened because of the WBO's Google translate skills lol, and my b-121 prediction was right to! (But that one was pretty obvious)
(Jul. 12, 2018  11:57 AM)Bey_$avage Wrote: Yeah well hK.7.At is actaully the confirmed combo in the b-121 set, which is exactly what I said before. So yeah, don't always trust Google translate because I sniped that combo and knew it was legit but no one listened because of the WBO's Google translate skills lol, and my b-121 prediction was right to! (But that one was pretty obvious)

I never said your prediction could be wrong. The only thing I confirmed was that it said those were recommendations. And that's the case, as B-121 wasn't revealed just yet. It was a sneaky thing that you saw through, so props do go to you.

I don't call myself a pro by far with translating, as I rusted up after not practicing Japanese for years, but I don't appreciate your words for me here. You're right, you shouldn't just blindly listen to Google Translate, you're preaching to the choir about that. I didn't use it to make my translation, just in communicating it. Just because I didn't announce you correct or help build your case doesn't mean my translation isn't correct.

What I translated was right, and your prediction was right.

Edit: Bit of rewording. Sounded a little jerky, hope that's better.
Alright so I've played around with Hazard Kerbeus and it naturally seems to have good balance even without a level chip, it's stamina seemed alright but then I found out the thing tips over often, and whenever it tips over it normally has a difficult time getting back up. It might have something to do with it's outwards weight distribution and it's width. It's a problem when the recoily top portion comes in contact which drains it's spin much more or worse, become vulnerable to Burst. This thing is really wide by the way, I would say only a few millimetres from being as wide as Maximum Garuda. The god ability doesn't seem as effective as I thought because the chain wins really don't seem to push in, or if it did, I couldn't notice it, I think they just go out with too much force. The teeth are alright, it's good with the rounder shape, not so much with the top section.

This is just my experience, I don't have any proper test setups or stadiums for this layer, so hopefully someone else can do so.
(Jul. 15, 2018  8:19 PM)Jinbee Wrote: Alright so I've played around with Hazard Kerbeus and it naturally seems to have good balance even without a level chip, it's stamina seemed alright but then I found out the thing tips over often, and whenever it tips over it normally has a difficult time getting back up. It might have something to do with it's outwards weight distribution and it's width. It's a problem when the recoily top portion comes in contact which drains it's spin much more or worse, become vulnerable to Burst. This thing is really wide by the way, I would say only a few millimetres from being as wide as Maximum Garuda. The god ability doesn't seem as effective as I thought because the chain wins really don't seem to push in, or if it did, I couldn't notice it, I think they just go out with too much force. The teeth are alright, it's good with the rounder shape, not so much with the top section.

This is just my experience, I don't have any proper test setups or stadiums for this layer, so hopefully someone else can do so.

Do you know what mold number your Hazard Kerbeus is? I've been hearing that there are variations in the mold which affect performance (strength of teeth, effectiveness of gimmick, etc.) Mine is Mold A3.
(Jul. 15, 2018  11:27 PM)LazerBeamz Wrote:
(Jul. 15, 2018  8:19 PM)Jinbee Wrote: Alright so I've played around with Hazard Kerbeus and it naturally seems to have good balance even without a level chip, it's stamina seemed alright but then I found out the thing tips over often, and whenever it tips over it normally has a difficult time getting back up. It might have something to do with it's outwards weight distribution and it's width. It's a problem when the recoily top portion comes in contact which drains it's spin much more or worse, become vulnerable to Burst. This thing is really wide by the way, I would say only a few millimetres from being as wide as Maximum Garuda. The god ability doesn't seem as effective as I thought because the chain wins really don't seem to push in, or if it did, I couldn't notice it, I think they just go out with too much force. The teeth are alright, it's good with the rounder shape, not so much with the top section.

Do you know what mold number your Hazard Kerbeus is? I've been hearing that there are variations in the mold which affect performance (strength of teeth, effectiveness of gimmick, etc.) Mine is Mold A3.

Mine is A1, and has almost gZ tightness. I don't know if these mold numbers are really consistent as both Super Beyblade Family and Leo Burst had an A2 mold, Leo Burst found his layer to have a rather weak lock while Super Beyblade Family found it to be fairly tight. To be fair though it could be down to what people consider tight, the drivers used etc. My gimmick seems to work well enough (not in battles, but just pressing the gimmick), both having loose springs and moves freely, with one being ever so slightly looser than the other.
(Jul. 15, 2018  11:51 PM)Jinbee Wrote:
(Jul. 15, 2018  11:27 PM)LazerBeamz Wrote: Do you know what mold number your Hazard Kerbeus is? I've been hearing that there are variations in the mold which affect performance (strength of teeth, effectiveness of gimmick, etc.) Mine is Mold A3.

Mine is A1, and has almost gZ tightness. I don't know if these mold numbers are really consistent as both Super Beyblade Family and Leo Burst had an A2 mold, Leo Burst found his layer to have a rather weak lock while Super Beyblade Family found it to be fairly tight. To be fair though it could be down to what people consider tight, the drivers used etc. My gimmick seems to work well enough (not in battles, but just pressing the gimmick), both having loose springs and moves freely, with one being ever so slightly looser than the other.

This is good to know. Thanks for the in-depth response.
(Jul. 31, 2018  12:47 AM)GodGaia Wrote: At least it looks amazing

Hence why it's probably only recommended for collection purposes.
Has there been any actual testing on hK, not that it would change perception much
(Jun. 25, 2018  10:33 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: ==Description==
Hazard Kerbeus is a Defense Type Energy Layer with two large blades and features three dog heads down the center, meant to represent the Layer's namesake, the mythological three headed hound Cerberus. As part of the Super Z Layer System, Hazard Kerbeus features metal in its design; in this case, the two blades are lined with metal in the shape of chains. The inclusion of metal makes Hazard Kerbeus heavier than most God/Switch-Strike Layers. Hazard Kerbeus also features a gimmick; the two blades are capable of bending inwards to create "Bound Defense", akin to Jerk, Screw Trident and the Layer's predecessor Guardian Kerbeus. Unlike its predecessor however, Hazard Kerbeus uses torsion springs much greater flexibility.

Hazard Kerbeus features teeth of medium length, akin to Kaiser Kerbeus. While this along with the greater flexibility of the gimmick may imply high Burst resistance, in practice  the sharp protrusions from the muzzles of the dog heads creates points of heavy recoil. Furthermore, the short distance traveled by the blades makes the gimmick relatively ineffective. These factors create a Burst risk that the teeth of the Layer are unable to compensate for.

==Overall==
While Hazard Kerbeus features a much more effective Bound Defense gimmick than its predecessor, the recoil inducing shape of the dog heads makes the Layer outclassed by Archer Hercules and Revive Phoenix.

As such, Hazard Kerbeus is recommended for collection purposes only
Maybe add:
Quote:==Using in Defense Combinations==
Hazard Kerbeus K4 can be used in Defense Combinations Hazard Kerbeus K4 0/00/7/8 Bump/Wall/Lift Atomic/Friction/Yard. Heavy weight of 0/00/7/8 Bump/Wall/Lift creates high KO resistance and Atomic/Friction/Yard bolster this.