Energy Layer Base - Brave (Hasbro)

Brave is an Energy Layer Base released as part of the Speedstorm System. It debuted with the release of Brave Roktavor R6 Ratchet Survival-SP.

==Description==

Brave is an Energy Layer base with three contact points, characteristic of the Valtryek line. These contact points end in somewhat sharp ends, and are angled downwards. Unlike its Takara Tomy counterpart, Brave does not feature rubber on the layer base. Instead, the whole base is made of a single plastic piece, compatible with Hasbro Storm Chips. It also cannot hold a Chassis, unlike the Takara Tomy counterpart. It is considerably more hollow as well, meaning it cannot reach the weight of it's counterpart easily.

Brave, even with a tight Storm Chip such as Dragon D6, is a very light Storm base, and is outclassed by many other attacking options. The shape of the contact points does not work as well without the rubber, and since there is less weight behind them, it is a far less effective option for attack than the Takara Tomy counterpart, or even other Hasbro Energy Layers, such as Turbo Valtryek or Nightmare Luinor, which are either heavier or have more effective shapes. 

=Overall==

The Brave Energy Layer base is very light, and has an ineffectual attacking shape that hinders it from any form of success competitively, and there are many better options, even for a Hasbro based metagame. Thus, Brave should be considered for collection purposes only. 

==Product List==
F0616 - Brave Roktavor R6 Ratchet Survival-SP (Orange, with silver paint)
F0581 - Spark Power Set - Brave Valtryek V6 Aero' Evolutional-SP (Clear yellow, with metallic blue paint)
F0661 - Slayer Showdown Battle Set - Brave Satomb Triple Charger-SPM (Green with purple paint)
It is called a ring and it debuted with the spark power set
In the slayer set it comes with evolution switchstrike

It's a pretty decent ring though not gonna lie
(Aug. 14, 2021  8:44 PM)ChrisDJNB Wrote: It is called a ring and it debuted with the spark power set

It's called a ring in the Japanese Line

(Aug. 14, 2021  8:46 PM)Dread hades12 Wrote: In the slayer set it comes with evolution switchstrike

This was made in June, before anyone knew about the Slayer Battle Set
I am using the terminology Hasbro uses, and I asked about it previously. I can edit in the Slayer set, but the ring is still horrible for any competitive format it's allowed in.
(Aug. 15, 2021  4:08 AM)Suzaku-X Wrote: I am using the terminology Hasbro uses, and I asked about it previously. I can edit in the Slayer set, but the ring is still horrible for any competitive format it's allowed in.

hm insteresting

would there be any way to help make it not bad?
(Aug. 15, 2021  4:10 AM)GenesisBlader Wrote:
(Aug. 15, 2021  4:08 AM)Suzaku-X Wrote: I am using the terminology Hasbro uses, and I asked about it previously. I can edit in the Slayer set, but the ring is still horrible for any competitive format it's allowed in.

hm insteresting

would there be any way to help make it not bad?

Ask for the rubber and weight back, give it better contact points, literally change everything about it, honestly. Turbo Valtryek V3 is better in basically every way, and even Myth for Rise is way better.
(Aug. 14, 2021  8:48 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote:
(Aug. 14, 2021  8:44 PM)ChrisDJNB Wrote: It is called a ring and it debuted with the spark power set

It's called a ring in the Japanese Line

(Aug. 14, 2021  8:46 PM)Dread hades12 Wrote: In the slayer set it comes with evolution switchstrike

According to the Beyblade wiki it is still called a ring from hasbro
(Aug. 19, 2021  4:06 PM)ChrisDJNB Wrote:
(Aug. 14, 2021  8:48 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote: It's called a ring in the Japanese Line

According to the Beyblade wiki it is still called a ring  from hasbro

I don't think the Wiki is using the correct Hasbro terminology anyways. "Layer Base" and "Ring" are Takara Tomy terms while it's "Energy Layer Base" for both in Hasbro's official marketing.
Added the Slayer set release.
(Aug. 24, 2021  12:06 AM)AdmiralMoe Wrote:
(Aug. 19, 2021  4:06 PM)ChrisDJNB Wrote:
According to the Beyblade wiki it is still called a ring  from hasbro

I don't think the Wiki is using the correct Hasbro terminology anyways. "Layer Base" and "Ring" are Takara Tomy terms while it's "Energy Layer Base" for both in Hasbro's official marketing.

We aren't, but I was just told to leave it as Ring to not confuse people of the GT/HS Bases.
(Aug. 29, 2021  3:35 AM)TitaniumNinja74 Wrote: We aren't, but I was just told to leave it as Ring to not confuse people of the GT/HS Bases.

That's understandable, and definitely the correct call imo. Having "Energy Layer Base" for all the Bases would just be confusing.
(Aug. 29, 2021  3:43 AM)AdmiralMoe Wrote:
(Aug. 29, 2021  3:35 AM)TitaniumNinja74 Wrote: We aren't, but I was just told to leave it as Ring to not confuse people of the GT/HS Bases.

That's understandable, and definitely the correct call imo. Having "Energy Layer Base" for all the Bases would just be confusing.

Base fits Hasbro's Rings more than the term Ring, maybe change them to Storm Layer Base? If so, I'll ask KJ to see what he thinks.
(Aug. 14, 2021  8:46 PM)Dread hades12 Wrote: In the slayer set it comes with evolution switchstrike

I thought the evolution looked shorter. Are you sure?
Another awesome review Suzaku but are you the only one who can do Speedstorm reviews or something? Becuase I have a Kolossal that I want to write a review about but wanna check with you first
(Aug. 29, 2021  3:50 AM)TitaniumNinja74 Wrote: Base fits Hasbro's Rings more than the term Ring, maybe change them to Storm Layer Base? If so, I'll ask KJ to see what he thinks.

Honestly I think it's fine as it is. You guys made the right call before.

(Aug. 29, 2021  4:43 AM)JCE_13 Wrote:

I thought the evolution looked shorter. Are you sure?

Yeah Hasbro screwed up and put Evolution instead of Evolutional-SP in the Slayer Set.
(Aug. 29, 2021  5:25 AM)AdmiralMoe Wrote:
(Aug. 29, 2021  3:50 AM)TitaniumNinja74 Wrote: Base fits Hasbro's Rings more than the term Ring, maybe change them to Storm Layer Base? If so, I'll ask KJ to see what he thinks.

(Aug. 29, 2021  4:43 AM)JCE_13 Wrote: I thought the evolution looked shorter. Are you sure?

Yeah Hasbro screwed up and put Evolution instead of Evolutional-SP in the Slayer Set.
wait they put normal evolution instead of evolutiona-sp?
How is that a bad thing?
(Aug. 29, 2021  5:45 AM)valtaoi_007 Wrote: wait they put normal evolution instead of evolutiona-sp?
How is that a bad thing?

No one said it was a bad thing. Just a random tangent that was brought up.
(Aug. 29, 2021  5:25 AM)AdmiralMoe Wrote:

(Aug. 29, 2021  4:43 AM)JCE_13 Wrote: I thought the evolution looked shorter. Are you sure?

Bro that's awesome!
(Aug. 29, 2021  6:26 AM)AdmiralMoe Wrote:
(Aug. 29, 2021  5:45 AM)valtaoi_007 Wrote: wait they put normal evolution instead of evolutiona-sp?
How is that a bad thing?

No one said it was a bad thing. Just a random tangent that was brought up.

well you said hasbro screwed up so I tought you were saying it was a bad thing