Energy Layer - Ark Bahamut

Quote:Ark Bahamut is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-98 Ultra Transformation Set on November 11, 2017

==Description==
Ark Bahamut is a Defense Type Energy Layer named after Bahamut, the giant fish of Islamic mythology, however to represent the anime’s rendition of this Layer’s beast, a dragon head is molded underneath the God Chip. Ark Bahamut’s perimeter is made of six clockwise blades, akin to a reversed Alter Chronos. As part of the Evolution/God Layer System, Ark Bahamut features gimmicks; the Layer is left spin and features a movable sub-layer.

The left spin nature of Ark Bahamut reduces recoil against right spin opponents due to the Layers acting akin to gears which heavily reduces the rate of Bursts.

The sub-layer of Ark Bahamut is meant to connect with the prongs of the Disk so that as the Ark Bahamut combination grows closer to Bursting, the sub-layer moves in order to fill in the gaps between the blades and reduce recoil.

==Overall==

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-98 Ultra Transformation Set Ark Bahamut 2Bump Atomic (grey, purple, translucent green)
==Hasbro==

==Trivia==
  • In order to differentiate between Ark Bahamut and Betromoth B2, Ark Bahamut uses a reversed “B”

Information on Performance omitted until testing is done
From what i have seen on yt it can also spin equalize with the opponent
Wait, it's Bumper or Bump?
(Nov. 13, 2017  6:15 PM)kjrules17 Wrote: Wait, it's Bumper or Bump?

Typo, Bump
Oh ok
It uses a reversed "B" because it's left Spin, like the reversed "F" of drain Fafnir, the direction of the letter is the spinning direction of the layer
That's why you can read two "S" on legend Spriggan, one is reversed ^^
(Nov. 13, 2017  7:15 PM)Bl4ck-Ou7 Wrote: It uses a reversed "B" because it's left Spin, like the reversed "F" of drain Fafnir, the direction of the letter is the spinning  direction of the layer

Kries Satan uses a reversed S and is right spin

Lost Longinus uses a normal L and is left spin
Oh my bad, it's to differenciate too, never mind ^^'

(Nov. 13, 2017  7:22 PM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Nov. 13, 2017  7:15 PM)Bl4ck-Ou7 Wrote: It uses a reversed "B" because it's left Spin, like the reversed "F" of drain Fafnir, the direction of the letter is the spinning  direction of the layer

Kries Satan uses a reversed S and is right spin

Lost Longinus uses a normal L and is left spin
Yes I'm really sorry, I never give it much attention on those layers' god chips ^^'
How well can it perform? Against tN in Leo Burst's video, it bursted pretty much every time. I know I'm not adept at understanding how the gimmick works, but could someone explain if the layer just doesn't have good synergy with Bearing?
(Nov. 13, 2017  11:52 PM)Dragunix Wrote: How well can it perform? Against tN in Leo Burst's video, it bursted pretty much every time. I know I'm not adept at understanding how the gimmick works, but could someone explain if the layer just doesn't have good synergy with Bearing?

Bearing IS easy to burst it seems, and combined with aB's carp teeth, it does not work well. Something I wanna see, if TrainiacJ gets to it, it aB on Orbit.
(Nov. 13, 2017  11:52 PM)Dragunix Wrote: How well can it perform? Against tN in Leo Burst's video, it bursted pretty much every time. I know I'm not adept at understanding how the gimmick works, but could someone explain if the layer just doesn't have good synergy with Bearing?

Basically imagine a car going over a pot hole, then that same car going over that pot hole after the hole's about halfway filled up. It fills in the gaps so that recoil isn't as extreme the closer it is to Bursting
Ok. Would it work well with atomic, like aC?
(Nov. 14, 2017  1:05 AM)Dragunix Wrote: Ok. Would it work well with atomic, like aC?

well it's stock combo has atomic so...
(Nov. 14, 2017  1:36 AM)MWF Wrote:
(Nov. 14, 2017  1:05 AM)Dragunix Wrote: Ok. Would it work well with atomic, like aC?

well it's stock combo has atomic so...
That's like saying Alter Chronos works well with Trans because it comes with it.
(Nov. 14, 2017  2:32 AM)Dragunix Wrote:
(Nov. 14, 2017  1:36 AM)MWF Wrote: well it's stock combo has atomic so...
That's like saying Alter Chronos works well with Trans because it comes with it.

Atomic has a meh burst resistance but good everywhere else. Maybe Orbit could work with Bahamut.
Its probably a guess but i think aB could be a good spin equalizing layer capable of beating every right spin in the meta and could also defeat df.the latter due to the fact that df has rubber which would hinder its performance in same spin. While it would be weak to attack. Gives me hope for a bwlanced meta
(Nov. 14, 2017  4:07 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: Its probably  a guess but i think aB could be a good spin equalizing  layer capable of beating every right spin in the meta and could also defeat df.the latter due to the fact that df has rubber which would hinder its performance  in same spin. While it would be weak to attack. Gives me hope for a bwlanced meta

To be honest, probably not. Its teeth are so bad it loses against right spin easily and Drain Fafnir's teeth are too strong compared to Ark Bahamut's. At least, according to LeoBurst
(Nov. 14, 2017  4:23 PM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Nov. 14, 2017  4:07 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: Its probably  a guess but i think aB could be a good spin equalizing  layer capable of beating every right spin in the meta and could also defeat df.the latter due to the fact that df has rubber which would hinder its performance  in same spin. While it would be weak to attack. Gives me hope for a bwlanced meta

To be honest, probably not. Its teeth are so bad it loses against right spin easily and Drain Fafnir's teeth are too strong compared to Ark Bahamut's. At least, according to LeoBurst
I have only seen it lose to right spin attack so far. If its gets wrecked by attack but defeats right spin stamina /defense then that doesnt mean its bad. As for dF its teeth might be better but if aB has better stamina then it can beat it since dF isnt something aggressive
Doesn't matter df layer isn't aggressive, the rubber layer plus better teeth while also left spin spells soon for AB.
I was hoping this layer would be good. But bad teeth ruined it
(Nov. 14, 2017  2:32 AM)Dragunix Wrote:
(Nov. 14, 2017  1:36 AM)MWF Wrote: well it's stock combo has atomic so...

well aB is designed like a reverse aC so it is basically a left spin aC with a gimmick that reduces recoil.
(Nov. 14, 2017  7:01 PM)MWF Wrote:
(Nov. 14, 2017  2:32 AM)Dragunix Wrote: That's like saying Alter Chronos works well with Trans because it comes with it.

well aB is designed like a reverse aC so it is basically a left spin aC with a gimmick that reduces recoil.

But with W2 like teeth...
(Nov. 14, 2017  7:05 PM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Nov. 14, 2017  7:01 PM)MWF Wrote: well aB is designed like a reverse aC so it is basically a left spin aC with a gimmick that reduces recoil.

But with W2 like teeth...

I can see that problem but it also has the benefit of being left spin. granted that will do nothing against nL or lS left spin.
AB needs testing i am sure it will suceed for spin stealing and strictly for that purpose
ark bahamut somehow manages to not burst from deep chaos? This is probably on a different thread, but...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gtz09_cNOBk

I just wondered about the contact points Deep Chaos had and their burst capability, and it was pretty interesting seeing this.
dumb question has anyone done any testing because I really want this layer.