Jun

Empire City Strikes Back: The NeXt Chapter

New York, New York
32 bladers registered (32 maximum) View All
LazerBeamz's avatarHector619's avatarLegendV3's avatarmegaheroj7's avatarKingy GSD's avatarGhostShredder's avatarAj23God's avatarKog's avatarm61199's avatarbeymasterkai's avatar
Riverbank State Park
679 Riverside Dr
  Meet at the benches by the Carousel/ Merry-Go-Round on the 145th Street Entrance side of Riverbank State Park.
12:00 PM on 06/22/2024
Format
X

Most official Beyblade X gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type
1on1

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
0 cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

Events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Hey Everyone!

It's been a while. We're back at it again with another tournament! This time we'll be in Manhattan's Riverbank State Park, again.

Our current tournament date is Saturday, June 22nd, 2024 at Riverbank State park for a Beyblade X Format tournament!

PLEASE READ!!!

This is a WBO Beyblade X event using the 1on1 rule set for the first stage and WBO deck match type in the finals. The stadium used will be the Beyblade X stadium. Bringing your own Beyblade deck is highly recommended. Please refer to the rulebook link below to review the game play rules for the event:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CIXc...p=drivesdk

Please be advised that this tournament will make use of the following Ranked Clauses in addition to, or in place of, rules listed in the Format Rulebook:

Decorated Parts Prohibition
Bladers may not use parts that have been decorated in the following ways for this Tournament:
  • Parts that have been painted/clear-coated unofficially.
  • Parts that have been decorated with unofficial/homemade stickers.

Metal Needle Ban
Bladers may not use parts that have been decorated in the following ways for this Tournament:
  • Metal Needle 

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:

1. Tournament Registration begins at 11:30 AM. 

Please plan to arrive at our meetup location before registration starts. The later you arrive, the longer it will take to start the tournament.

2. The Tournament begins at 12:00pm. 

You will not be able to register after 12:00pm. Even if you are joined to this tournament on this thread, if you are not registered by 12:00pm or arrive after 12:00pm we will be unable to fit you into the bracket.

Tournament System:

Depending on the number of participants we will use one of the following systems to run the first stage of this tournament:

Group Round Robin (12–16 players)
Bladers are split into two evenly-sized groups and play against every other blader in their group. The top two players from each group advance to the final stage using Single Elimination.

Swiss (17 - 32 Players):
Bladers play 5 rounds. After the first round, bladers are paired based on their match history. Bladers with the highest records face each other, then the second-highest, etc. The top eight players advance to the final stage.

The tournament will take place at Riverbank State Park. Because this is an outdoor venue, the date may be subject to change due to inclement weather. We will meet at the benches by the carousel on the 145th Street entrance side of the park.

Pedestrian Accessible entrance on West 145th and Riverside Drive. Vehicle Entrance is also on W 145th Street and Riverside Drive but parking is not guaranteed.

See image below for a guide:

[Image: view?usp=sharing]

Here is the address of the Carousel/ Merry-Go-Round on Google Maps:

http://maps.app.goo.gl/LWkvY1AXnFbvoHwQ6

Please Arrive On Time

Please be sure to arrive ON TIME for this tournament. We will start registration at 11:30 AM and will begin the tournament at approximately 12:00PM. If you think you're going to run a bit late, please let me know via a post through this thread or a PM and I'll see what I can do!

If you plan on attending, please click the blue JOIN TOURNAMENT button at the top of this page!

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

This event has been approved.
first tournament ive seen in a while that isnt free to enter. are passports back? or is this just to pay for the park permit?
(May. 29, 2024  6:28 PM)LegendV3 Wrote: first tournament ive seen in a while that isnt free to enter. are passports back? or is this just to pay for the park permit?

Nope! That was an error on my part to not remove the fee from the default tournament settings. Thanks for the catch. It has been corrected.
The rulebook link is broken.
(May. 31, 2024  6:26 AM)dazed Wrote: The rulebook link is broken.

it has been for a while, or maybe even since it was made. the link is on the discord.

Hi Dazed. You can find the Rulebook linked in the PLEASE READ section towards the top of the post.

I'll link it here for your reference as well:

(May. 31, 2024  11:03 AM)LazerBeamz Wrote:

Hi Dazed. You can find the Rulebook linked in the PLEASE READ section towards the top of the post.

Appreciate it!

To clarify, are you allowed to switch beyblades between matches during the 1v1 stage or are you locked onto one?

In addition, it is stated Beyblade X stadiums will be used. Will these be Takara Tomy or Hasbro?
(May. 31, 2024  2:45 PM)dazed Wrote:
(May. 31, 2024  11:03 AM)LazerBeamz Wrote: Hi Dazed. You can find the Rulebook linked in the PLEASE READ section towards the top of the post.

Appreciate it!

To clarify, are you allowed to switch beyblades between matches during the 1v1 stage or are you locked onto one?

In addition, it is stated Beyblade X stadiums will be used. Will these be Takara Tomy or Hasbro?

You are allowed to switch beyblades between matches during the 1v1 stage and Final Stage (Deck). The stadiums will be Takara Tomy's Beyblade X stadiums.
(May. 31, 2024  3:54 PM)LazerBeamz Wrote:
(May. 31, 2024  2:45 PM)dazed Wrote: Appreciate it!

You are allowed to switch beyblades between matches during the 1v1 stage and Final Stage (Deck). The stadiums will be Takara Tomy's Beyblade X stadiums.

Are you allowed to use hasbro beyblades?
(Jun. 01, 2024  3:08 AM)DragonX1111 Wrote:
(May. 31, 2024  3:54 PM)LazerBeamz Wrote: You are allowed to switch beyblades between matches during the 1v1 stage and Final Stage (Deck). The stadiums will be Takara Tomy's Beyblade X stadiums.

Are you allowed to use hasbro beyblades?

Hi DragonX1111. Hasbro beyblade are allowed for this tournament only if the are a part of Hasbro's New Beyblade X line. As they aren't as readily available as Takara Tomy Beyblade X products, I recommend having a few Takara Tomy Beyblade X beyblades for this tournament.
Ok will the new penalty points system be in effect this tournament
(Jun. 02, 2024  2:57 AM)DragonX1111 Wrote: Ok will the new penalty points system be in effect this tournament

Also, my launcher is painted. Will it be illegal to use in the tournament?
(Jun. 03, 2024  12:51 AM)DragonX1111 Wrote:
(Jun. 02, 2024  2:57 AM)DragonX1111 Wrote: Ok will the new penalty points system be in effect this tournament

Also, my launcher is painted. Will it be illegal to use in the tournament?

The Penalty Points system has not be incorporated into the WBO's Beyblade X Format Rulebook or Ranked Clauses so it will not be in effect for this tournament.

As for Painted Launchers and Parts, your launcher would be illegal for this tournament as it is operating under the following Ranked Clause:

(Jun. 05, 2024  2:28 PM)LazerBeamz Wrote:
(Jun. 03, 2024  12:51 AM)DragonX1111 Wrote: Also, my launcher is painted. Will it be illegal to use in the tournament?

The Penalty Points system has not be incorporated into the WBO's Beyblade X Format Rulebook or Ranked Clauses so it will not be in effect for this tournament.

As for Painted Launchers and Parts, your launcher would be illegal for this tournament as it is operating under the following Ranked Clause:

(Jun. 05, 2024  2:28 PM)LazerBeamz Wrote:
(Jun. 03, 2024  12:51 AM)DragonX1111 Wrote: Also, my launcher is painted. Will it be illegal to use in the tournament?

Thank you
Tournament Update:

The following Ranked Clause has been added to this tournament to protect stadiums and player equipment from damage.

Metal Needle Bit Ban
The following Bit may not be used in this tournament: Metal Needle

Please reach out with any questions.
Good idea for this ban. Are there any prizes for this event? Also, when can we X-pect the X ranked leaderboard to be visible on our account pages? Is it going to exist at all?
(Jun. 08, 2024  3:31 PM)LegendV3 Wrote: Good idea for this ban. Are there any prizes for this event? Also, when can we X-pect the X ranked leaderboard to be visible on our account pages? Is it going to exist at all?

I would ask Mods about the X leaderboard. Unfortunately, I'm not privy to the plan for this. As for prizes, they'll be posted, but at a later date. Keep your eyes peeled : )
Can you have repeated parts in your combos?
i don't think so. im pretty sure you can't
(Jun. 14, 2024  2:26 AM)EpicBurstYt Wrote: Can you have repeated parts in your combos?

Hi EpicBurstYT,

In Deck Format, you are not allowed to have repeated parts across the 3 beyblades in your deck.

In 1 on 1 (First Stage,) you can feel free to use repeated parts as you will be limited to one Beyblable to use at the start of each match with a new opponent. You can choose to use the same Beyblade for the entirety of the First Stage or switch up your Beyblades during the Selection Phase before each match.

Hope this helps!

Hello fellow Bladers!

Get excited! We are almost a week out from Empire City Strikes Back: The NeXt Chapter!

With that in mind, it's time to announce some... 

PRIZES!

Mystery Beyblade ??? (TBA)

Talon Ptera 3-80 Ball

Phoenix Feather  (CoroCoro Exclusive Blade)

As always, for any tournament I host, 1st place will have 1st pick, 2nd place will have 2nd pick, and 3rd place receives the remaining prize.

Keep your eyes peeled on the tournament thread for future updates!
Are there possibilities of no shows? If so, would you suggest people who were too late to sign up to roll up to take their place?
(Jun. 16, 2024  1:06 AM)SAVI0R Wrote: Are there possibilities of no shows? If so, would you suggest people who were too late to sign up to roll up to take their place?

There's always a possibility of no-shows. I'll have a waitlist on a first come, first serve basis for alternates, but I cannot guarantee that Bladers on the waitlist will get a chance to participate in the tourney. As always, you are welcome to join in on freeplay during the duration of the tournament.
Another question. Will the mystery beyblade be revealed after they announce first, second, and third?