24.18%
2PM
23.08%
3PM
18.68%
none of the above
9.89%
Total: 100% 91 vote(s)
(Mar. 05, 2010  1:54 AM)beybattler Wrote: how much will it even cost to get into otakon anyway

its 45 for 1 day or 55 for the weekend
I'm currently looking for nearby parks.incase we cant hold it there

if worst comes to worst then wr could have it directly outside in front of the convetion center
That's probably the best idea, don't think that anyone wants to spend a fortune on a Beyblade tournament.
(Mar. 05, 2010  1:59 AM)Toonpenguin Wrote: its 45 for 1 day or 55 for the weekend
I'm currently looking for nearby parks.

if worst comes to worst then wr could have it directly outside in front of the convetion center
umm then why don't we just have it at meadow park in elkton that would be alot easyer for everyone wouldn't it. well it would atleast be alot cheaper if it was at otakon it would cost everyone about $90 includeing the tournament cost if we had it at meadow park in elkton then it would only be the gas money to get there. which would probably be alot cheaper and then the $10 to enter the tournament
Otakon is beastt!!!
Theres 2 raves.
A huge video game room Bigger then a football field. No joke
Actually hot girls who watch anime.
And those girls cosplay ;p
Meet famous voice actors (...I am more of a sub man)
4chan panel
gaia online panel
other panels
A huge vendor room with tons of things to buy. Like 100 tables
And art dealer room. You can get custom art work drawn of you or meet people who do comics.
Only fault is you prob need a hotel, unless to room with a bunch of people and pay liek 10 bucks a night.
Get all the bladers who are going who live to drive back and forth each day (unlike me ;p) to just shack up in a room together and split the cost. Have beybattles all night long haha.
(Mar. 05, 2010  2:51 AM)BDaichi Wrote: Otakon is beastt!!!
Theres 2 raves.
A huge video game room Bigger then a football field. No joke
Actually hot girls who watch anime.
And those girls cosplay ;p
Meet famous voice actors (...I am more of a sub man)
4chan panel
gaia online panel
other panels
A huge vendor room with tons of things to buy. Like 100 tables
And art dealer room. You can get custom art work drawn of you or meet people who do comics.
Only fault is you prob need a hotel, unless to room with a bunch of people and pay liek 10 bucks a night.
Get all the bladers who are going who live to drive back and forth each day (unlike me ;p) to just shack up in a room together and split the cost. Have beybattles all night long haha.
as fun as that sounds (and it does sound fun especially the part about the cosplayers i love cosplayers) it still costs alot of money for a tournament not to mention that it's an unnofficial tournament it would only be official if it was from hasbro and they have tournaments for free and it would be alot easyer on everybody and everyones wallets if it was just $10 at a park
(Mar. 05, 2010  3:01 AM)beybattler Wrote: dont forget the lucky star cosplayers and once i saw a cosplayer dressed like hawkeye from full metal alchemist it was cool but still i say we should have it at a park to save money

Saw a Gurren Lagann Yoko, she was soo beautiful XD

But true parking is 10.
I dunno if the walking distance is close to the kon, I am down.
....Bmore is scary....
Walked down the wrong street looking for a subway (No i didn't know there was a subway across the street or a food plaza that had one) and me and my friends found one next to a bunch of strip joint. And hookers.

Got my food and left soo fast....
XD
ok so its pretty much spend a fortune or $10 at a park its mostly the choice of toonpenguin because he/she is the one hosting the tournament but also partially the choice of the attendees
btw i forgot to tell all of you that i will be setting up a local tournament at the launch of the new beyblade series so that makes 2 tournaments to look forword to
(Mar. 05, 2010  3:11 AM)BladerAce17 Wrote: DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!!! THAT SOUNDS AWESOME!!! 'Specially the cosplayers. Almost nothing is hotter than a DMG or a Blair cosplayerCool
please lets stop going off topic lets stay on the topic of the tournament
(Mar. 05, 2010  3:11 AM)beybattler Wrote: btw i forgot to tell all of you that i will be setting up a local tournament at the launch of the new beyblade series so that makes 2 tournaments to look forword to

please lets stop going off topic lets stay on the topic of the tournament

Okay, sorry. Caught up in the cool.

About whether or not MFB's are allowed, by June/July so many people would proably have imported a bey from Canada, at least 1. So is it gonna be MFB, HMS, or plastic? Or have you not decided yet?
(Mar. 05, 2010  3:17 AM)BladerAce17 Wrote: Okay, sorry. Caught up in the cool.

About whether or not MFB's are allowed, by June/July so many people would proably have imported a bey from Canada, at least 1. So is it gonna be MFB, HMS, or plastic? Or have you not decided yet?
well that decision would be up to toonpenguin but i think that there should be a plastic section and a MFB section
Well if you getting a import won't cost to much.
Because all we really need to do is go to toys r us.com or walmart.com and ship to store or something. Idk
Long as it is near the kon I am down.
wherever this tournament is held can somebody bring a video camera so that we can get this on youtube i love watching the tournaments on youtube
Yah I always take a camera to otakon.
Bout to go down!
(Mar. 05, 2010  3:26 AM)BDaichi Wrote: Yah I always take a camera to otakon.
Bout to go down!
hey if i hold a tournament around september to celebrate the launch of the new beyblades who would be able to come
(Mar. 05, 2010  3:29 AM)BDaichi Wrote: where do you live ?
elkton maryland
edit:its pretty close to baltimore and DE
(Mar. 05, 2010  3:18 AM)beybattler Wrote: well that decision would be up to toonpenguin but i think that there should be a plastic section and a MFB section

Sorry, didn't seperate that, it was meant for Penguin(about the blades).
(Mar. 05, 2010  3:29 AM)beybattler Wrote: elkton maryland
edit:its pretty close to baltimore and DE

Kk, cause I only know how to drive to Towson lol XD

Dang dude its like hella far!
Well from the way it sounds everyone would like to have it at a park instead of at otakon its self. So i will research into nearby parks in Baltimore near Otakon so that we can draw in people that are going to the convention when we are playing
(Mar. 05, 2010  4:32 PM)Toonpenguin Wrote: Well from the way it sounds everyone would like to have it at a park instead of at otakon its self. So i will research into nearby parks in Baltimore near Otakon so that we can draw in people that are going to the convention when we are playing
ok great but there is one thing i want to know about these tournaments
(Mar. 05, 2010  9:50 PM)beybattler Wrote: ok great but there is one thing i want to know about these tournaments

ok what do you want to know ? I may not have a definite answer since all the little details aren't done yet
(Mar. 05, 2010  10:02 PM)Toonpenguin Wrote: ok what do you want to know ? I may not have a definite answer since all the little details aren't done yet
where does the $5 entree fee go to does the tournament host keep it or what
(Mar. 05, 2010  10:05 PM)beybattler Wrote: where does the $5 entree fee go to does the tournament host keep it or what
Assuming they are talking about our entry fee, then it simply goes towards the World Beybalde Organization's "bank" to be later reused towards the community. We always try to have projects, and we hope to one day be able to really reimburse some things for each tournament. Otherwise, the site does have to be hosted ... In other words, all money gets used fairly, and not personally of course.
(Mar. 05, 2010  11:06 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Assuming they are talking about our entry fee, then it simply goes towards the World Beybalde Organization's "bank" to be later reused towards the community. We always try to have projects, and we hope to one day be able to really reimburse some things for each tournament. Otherwise, the site does have to be hosted ... In other words, all money gets used fairly, and not personally of course.
ok thanks for telling me kai-v
i'd like to say PLEASE do not reccommed where to hold since its set to be in baltimore.

Also if you have a recommend park in baltimore just say

also i added BDachi to the list of possible attendes