Earthbound / MOTHER series

Poll: Should MOTHER 2 / Earthbound be put on the VC on Wii?

HECK YEAH! Nintendo, get off your butt!
100.00%
No.
0%
GOD FORBID!! LEAVE THE BESTS ON THE SNES!
0%
Total: 100% 22 vote(s)
I watched chuggaaconroy's Mother, EarthBound!, and Mother 3 LP's. I think EarthBound! has a lot of funny little things here and there.
I finally finished the game the other day. This is hands-down one of the best RPGs I've played, and I recommend it to anyone who is into the genre but (inexplicably) hasn't tried this yet.

Ending related spoiler (Click to View)
I love your icon ♥. Claymen are so cute Tongue_out
No crying until the end. The dialogue from that last battle was surprisingly touching. Namely the flashbacks to when Claus and Lucas were born.
Hell, I was on the verge of tears in the beginning. It's so hard not to Unhappy
New theme of Love, mother 3 sing

I want to show you
These games that I know
please bring Mother to are shores
Nin-ten-do
I just recently got into the Mother series. The funny thing is that I haven't even played any of the games yet but I'm a complete expert on the series' history (kinda). I am saving up to get a copy of Earthbound though, and then I'll get a copy of Mother 3 so I can play the ROM patch.

I just love the whole concept. You're not a prince from an ancient clan with cursed blood. You don't use an ancient sword. You don't live in the medieval town of Generica. You're a natural born savior, a kid who beats the carp out of monsters in a very funny and romanticized parody of America. It's so endearing, and it's easy to see my face in Ness'.

The music is fantasic. While there are some questionable ones (Cave of the Past, anyone?), you cannot deny that EarthBound has one of the most diverse soundtracks ever. I love the Opening Theme, Smiles and Tears, Because I Love You, and Franky, to be more precise. As for Mother 3, the theme of New Pork City, Mother 3 Love Theme, In Memory of Mother, and It is Finished in particular.

On my final note, this series has inspired me to try to make an official Mother 4 when I grow up and become a game designer. I know this will cause outrage and laughter (WHAT? HE ISN'T SHIGESATO ITOI? NOOOOO! KILL HIM! or PFFT THAT KID AIN'T SAW ENOUGH TO MAKE MOTHER), but hopefully I get a chance. I have a sketchbook that's halfway full dedicated to artwork to Mother 4, maybe I'll scan 'em up.
Hey, someone's already in the process of making an unnoficial Mother 4 Tongue_out It's looking pretty sweet so far: http://mother4.andonuts.net/
(Feb. 20, 2012  5:22 PM)NoodooSoup Wrote: Hey, someone's already in the process of making an unnoficial Mother 4 Tongue_out It's looking pretty sweet so far: http://mother4.andonuts.net/

Yeah, I know, looks sweet, huh?

But I meant when I was older I could actually make this an official Mother 4. And I wont be a jerk, I will make sure America gets this as EarthBound 2.
dose any one actually believe this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbpAURp1AnM

On another note, Reggie gives us Lets dance and not Mother. Where's the logic there? Maybe we can force it with by boycotting Nintendo, it means don't buy from Nintendo in case you didn't know. XD
Boycott a struggling gaming company? That seems douchey. I mean, Nintendo JUST announced their first major losses in years. Wouldn't that be rubbing salt into a very big wound?
And doing that probably wouldn't even bring out logic at all. You would basically be boycotting for the sake of boycotting. Considering Nintendo hasn't had a "through the roof" game for a while. Sure, Super Mario Bros. 3 is the best selling video game of all time, but you can't rely on just that for profit.
I do agree but by boycotting I ment buy less, but not stop completely, if that happend, there would be no Nintendo left.
Anyways another good idea is get many Mother fans that can go to E3 and have them sing 8 melodies before and after the anoncements for as long as posdibal, but that dosen't seem vary practical. The only other thing I could think of is useing that Reggie is Giygas video to our advantage.
I was on the Nintendo Power Poll thing and saw this question
what's a Better name MOTHER or EarthBound
Have we beat NoA?!?! Saddly it's likely another taunt from them but there's still hope.
How I feel about this game? I didn't like it, most were either really sad, and had had really disturbing music.
While reading through the final volume of Nintendo Power, I noticed a bit of EarthBound in it, do you guys think this means anything?
I always loved this game, playing it all the time when I was younger, even though I didn't understand half of the story.

But then I got to Giygas. Damn, he was a creepy boss; I remembered crying and running too my mon when I saw him.

0_0
Been hearing a bit of chatter that Nintendo could be in the process of making a new Earthbound. But that is just an unconfirmed rumor last time I checked, so pay me no mind.

Haven't gotten a chance to play an Earthbound game, so I really hope we get to see something soon. It may be a game that makes me buy a Wii U, but so far, I don't see any reason to buy one
The talk of a new EarthBound game came from when Itoi posted on twitter that there is a chance of some sort of re-release some time soon. But this dose not confirm it is going to happen.
Have you guys seen Earthbound Animated on YouTube? It's really unfortunate that it seems to have discontinued after the first episode, but it's really nice.
(Dec. 31, 2012  1:08 AM)Mr. N Wrote: Have you guys seen Earthbound Animated on YouTube? It's really unfortunate that it seems to have discontinued after the first episode, but it's really nice.

I watched it was awesome, and inspired me to start animating my own characters.