E3 2010

Glasses free 3D wouldn't work in cinemas because the size of the screens are too big for the effect to work.
this wouldn't even be the main problem, that could be worked around.
The main problem is the positioning of the audience.
For this kind of 3D, you really have to be at an exact angle and positioning for it actually work.
They'd never be able to put everyone on the same eye level and height for everyone to get the optimum viewing angle.
(Jun. 16, 2010  6:59 PM)ilovemessi Wrote:
(Jun. 15, 2010  1:13 PM)To Wrote: Lineup wise Sony's got a pretty solid lineup already:

Infamous 2
LittleBigPlanet 2
Socom 4
Killzone 3
Gran Turismo 5
MotorStorm: Apocalypse
God of War: Ghost of Sparta
The Last Guardian

Along with a hopefully a bunch of titles they haven't announced yet (one of which we know to be Sly Cooper Collection).
meh it's kinda boring. sequel, sequel, sequel, sequel, sequel, sequel, sequel, sequel

Yeah, thats one thing I dislike about Sony + Microsoft.
Its always sequels.
Sure Nintendo does do it, but not as much as Sony.
Take Kirby Epic Yarn, sure its a Kirby game but its completely new.
If you're counting Epic Yarn as a new game, might as well count The Last Guardian as a brand new game as well, since it has less to do with Ico and Shadow of the Collosus than that Kirby game has to other Kirby games.
(Jun. 17, 2010  8:31 PM)To Wrote: If you're counting Epic Yarn as a new game, might as well count The Last Guardian as a brand new game as well, since it has less to do with Ico and Shadow of the Collosus than that Kirby game has to other Kirby games.

Yeah, I count The Last Guardian as a new game.
Yeah Nintendo pretty much murked it. 3DS might be the first DS I buy. It is slick.

Sony's lineup has the most appeal to me tho with Motorstorm, KZ and Infamous 2. Oh Deadspace 2 looks amazing!
and thanks Khel, PORTAL 2 is so fine.

Anyone peep that Vanquish demo? the gameplay looks tightt!

I don't care if many of these are sequels, We have got of original IP in this generation so building on them isn't so bad. theres still TGS..
MGS Rising and Portal 2 were the only things that gave me "the feeling of buying batteries for my controllers."
(Jun. 16, 2010  10:43 PM)Dude Wrote: I don't get it, who's gonna buy this Kinect thing? If you ask me, it's a rip-off of the Wii. Even the commercials look exactly like those of the Wii. It's absurd.

From what was said by Crimson, it seems entertaining, at least...

I think the idea is kind of cool but the games they showed looked more Wii-like than Xbox360-like. I'm curious to see what Call of Duty or Halo work with the Kinect. I was hoping to see more graphic-intense games with the Kinect. Hopefully they'll have something better than what they showed or no one will buy it.
You're not going to see graphics intense games with Kinect. It does a number on the current 360's hardware.
Did anyone else notice that in the 3DS video Shigiro Muyamoto said that they would have done 3D gaming a long time ago but people would have to buy new tv's, so they decided to wait on that. Also, he is so lucky!!! Shigiro Muyamoto got to play Luigi's Mansion in 3D!!!
EDIT: Also the preview of the Beyblade: Metal Fusion video games actually turned out really good
(Jun. 22, 2010  7:49 PM)To Wrote: You're not going to see graphics intense games with Kinect. It does a number on the current 360's hardware.

How much so? That's the first I've heard of that.

Rage!!!! Finally a game with PS3 graphics on the Xbox 360. I wish I hadn't missed the Microsoft announcements because I deffinitely would have missed out on it. I almost hit FF on my DVR because I thought it was a PS3 game.
It takes so much from the hardware that Microsoft has had to scale down the tech in Kinect because it was literally draining everything the 360 had. Comparatively, Move does nothing on the PS3.

Also Kinect is more or less confirmed to launch at $150 at this point. It's going to bomb.
I hear the Kinect doesn't work very well when you're wearing black...

What kind of flaud system is that?! I can't wear black? I'm willing to stick with controllers if I have the freedom of dressing as I like Uncertain
(Jun. 23, 2010  3:59 PM)To Wrote: It takes so much from the hardware that Microsoft has had to scale down the tech in Kinect because it was literally draining everything the 360 had. Comparatively, Move does nothing on the PS3.

Source? This sounds like carp.

I can see it taking some CPU/GPU juice from the system, but so much that they'd have to scale the tech back? I don't buy it.
I don't know if Kinect is still having a problem with dark clothed (or skinned) people, but I do know it doesn't work while sitting down.

As for being downscaled, you are correct in that the tech wasn't downscaled due to the 360's hardware limitations. Fanboyism + Some Truths = Nonsense. However, an integrated processor in Kinect was removed to save on costs (Kinect is rumored to cost $150 to manufacture...), which will put a bit more of a burden on the 360's hardware than originally planned. However, according to that Digital Foundry article, it'll use about 10-15% of the CPU's power, so you may be able to get away with some smaller scaled visually strong games. Although one has to question that if Kinect only uses 10-15% of the CPU, why was an integrated processor even in the original designs?

Price of entry + input lag + technical limitations aren't going to do well for Kinect. It'll probably do better than Move on the outset because Microsoft will put major marketing money behind it, but I wouldn't be surprised if at the end of the day Kinect is forgotten while Move exists in some form.
I'm up for the 3DS.
(Jun. 23, 2010  7:16 AM)Thresher Wrote:
(Jun. 22, 2010  7:49 PM)To Wrote: You're not going to see graphics intense games with Kinect. It does a number on the current 360's hardware.

How much so? That's the first I've heard of that.

Rage!!!! Finally a game with PS3 graphics on the Xbox 360. I wish I hadn't missed the Microsoft announcements because I deffinitely would have missed out on it. I almost hit FF on my DVR because I thought it was a PS3 game.
You are incredibly mistaken, wow.

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/20047
Im up for goldeneye 007 and Conduit 2
(Sep. 23, 2011  11:28 PM)gpred Wrote: Im up for goldeneye 007 and Conduit 2

Good to know!

Oh wait, not really. Not only does nobody care what you're up for, but no one has posted in this thread for over a year, E3 2010 is sooooo over, by now and even E3 2011 is over!

What were you thinking?!
What's more amazing is that both Goldeneye 007, and The Conduit 2 have already been released. In fact, Goldeneye HD version comes out this fall!