E3 2010

My issues are with the weird slants in the design, it looks too much like a casing for a PC. The vents also remind me of the original Xbox. It's more or less confirmed at this point, the ad was hosted on Microsoft's Italian website, so the only non-thisthingisconfirmed explanation is that someone hacked a Microsoft website...

Also, some Natal... Kinect games:
•Kinectimals lets you train and play with 20 different virtual cats, including a lion, cheetah and tiger.

•Joyride, a racing game, lets players use their hands to hold an imaginary steering wheel — pull your hands toward you and push back out for an acceleration boost — and their bodies to execute jumps and tricks.

•Kinect Sports has six activities including boxing, bowling, beach volleyball, track and field, soccer and table tennis. To serve a volleyball, you mimic the real motion; in soccer, you can kick the ball or do a header.

•Kinect Adventures includes a river-raft time trial and obstacle course, playable by up to four players. On the raft, playing as a duo, you and a partner must lean one way or another to steer. Jumping helps the raft reach special areas for extra points.

•Dance Central, in development by MTV Games, brings a So You Think You Can Dance experience home.

•Star Wars characters and iconic Disney favorites will be featured in separate new games being developed at Microsoft in conjunction with LucasArts and Disney.

Logo:
[Image: b3u7hd.jpg]

They're also changing the banner on top of game cases to make them weird looking... Good luck with this Microsoft.
Kinect? eh, so-so name.
It definitely seems like Microsoft is going to go a bit "casual gamer" with Kinect. Definitely get the vibe of "Wii Sports" and "Wii Play" with the titles they have there so far.
And of course the Disney stuff (and the Star Wars stuff) grabs the attention of kids.

But I guess the casual market proved way too successful with Wii to just let Sony and Microsoft ignore it.
(Jun. 14, 2010  2:46 AM)Crimson Wrote: Kinect? eh, so-so name.
It definitely seems like Microsoft is going to go a bit "casual gamer" with Kinect. Definitely get the vibe of "Wii Sports" and "Wii Play" with the titles they have there so far.
And of course the Disney stuff (and the Star Wars stuff) grabs the attention of kids.

But I guess the casual market proved way too successful with Wii to just let Sony and Microsoft ignore it.

Thats what the goal of the bigh three is. Get more casual gamers. That's why they chose Kinetic as the name. How many people would see the name Natal and think "Oh I should buy that." Anyone else remember Project Revolution?
I do see something about Kinetic appealing to RPG gamers, especially with Star Wars: the Old Republic coming out.

As for the new Xbox design, To, I'm surprised the weird slants don't remind you of the original Xbox. I think the design would have been great if it were the first Xbox design, but it just doesn't flow right with the current design. THe Xbox 360 is more curved and sleek looking, which makes those designs look like a regression instead of a progression. I wont buy it.
Microsoft is going to have an easy time wraggling up those casual gamers with the rumored $189 pricepoint...

Good luck with that Microsoft.
(Jun. 14, 2010  3:04 AM)To Wrote: Microsoft is going to have an easy time wraggling up those casual gamers with the rumored $189 pricepoint...

Good luck with that Microsoft.

Another reason I wouldn't buy it. I'd would be cheaper to buy another 360 than to get natal.
There has been a bunch of Kinect related news. But I'm trying to stay awake, so I'm not going to post much on it. Basically, the even they had Cirque Du Soleil do had a bunch of tech demos that were clearly staged, just like last year's E3 debut of the product. Some, like Kinectimals, was apparently really creepy.

Sony's apparently set to announce a Singstar: Dance game which is going to be a combination of Singstar (duh) and something like Just Dance...

Both those motion devices shouldn't be released if they're closer to $200 than $100.

Anyways;
[Image: schermata20100614a0055pnge1ce0.png]

Thing looks like a Alien Ware PC case.
I don't know why, but it feels like they're advertising the Wii and not an Xbox 360 related product. Since I'm already planning to sell my 360, it goes without saying that I wouldn't buy such a thing...

Name sucks, too...Natal...
(Jun. 14, 2010  8:11 AM)To Wrote: Thing looks like a Alien Ware PC case.

Yeah, that was my first thought, haha.

I think Kinect is a cooler name than Natal, though.
(Jun. 14, 2010  8:11 AM)To Wrote: [Image: schermata20100614a0055pnge1ce0.png]

Thing looks like a Alien Ware PC case.
... It looks like a bag I had my lunch in that got sat on.
That genuinely is hideous, at first I thought it was a regular 360 that'd got warped in the sun or something Chocked_2
(Jun. 11, 2010  9:14 PM)To Wrote: I get the feeling Rising will be trash. Take a young inexperienced team who've only developed stealth action games, into a Ninja Gaiden esque experience, add developing simultaneously for three systems, and remove the series creator as the director, yeah, lol. The game's box art recently showed up and it's hideous.

yeah but you're a huge mgs fan. all i need to be pleased with it is a few shocking plottwists. haha
Impressions from the Kinect event last night has been less than positive, and that's being polite. Microsoft is facing a huge uphill battle with that, and right now they're all over the place. Kinect is clearly going after the casuals, yet they've redesigned their console to a hardcore nerd design. The right hand isn't talking to the left hand there. Their E3 conference starts in a half hour. (This will be the only one I'll be able to see live this week)

Anyways:
[Image: 13.jpg]

Impressions for Move on the other hand have been pretty positive (My Sony slant aside, this is the honest truth). I still don't think it'll do very well though.
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3179708

1up's liveblog of Microsoft press conference has started.

Edit: Holy carp Metal Gear Rising trailer.
You can cut a watermelon into lots of individual pieces.

It may not look like Metal Gear (More like a devil may cry game), but I will totally buy it.
[Image: xbij5u.png]

Microsoft is shipping the new 360s starting TODAY, and they will be in stores by the end of the week.
For the exact same price as the regular 360.

also noting... THEY GAVE EVERYONE IN THE AUDIENCE A FREE ONE. Microsoft pulled an Oprah.
Yeah everyone there got one free, good-ol-microsoft im so jealous Unhappy
You watched aswell lol. I wish I was there.
Oh jesus that Slim 360 is like some high end gaming rig looking thing....
Looks very different and higher tech. I'm not sure whether it looks amazing or horrendous.

I might get one now. I have an original model arcade and a ps3 slim so depending on the uk price this might be quite nice. I'll wait and see what Sony have up there sleeves.
I watched the whole thing and then when they were showing the new 360 firefox broke down on me... Had to reboot. After that, when I was back M$'s conference was over.

What info did I miss?

EDIT: Halo:Reach is just... beautiful! Gasp I'm so hyped!
Nah, I'm not going to get one of the new xbox... Hopefully Sony would have something better.
That was a pretty horrible conference. Dude bro this, and useless/pointless motion controls that give me the sense that someone's got some smoke and mirrors going on. Kinect looks really pointless, like as in "Why wouldn't I just pick up a controller and do this instead of looking like a weirdo?" kind of pointless. I love how they neglected to mention the price of that, which more or less confirms it'll be over $100.

Rising looked ok. Not interested in anything else. Both Nintendo and Sony are up tomorrow. Hopefully they're better than this.
Kind of boring conference for Microsoft. But I can't judge since I don't have a 360.
Nintendo will have the best E3 this year. Hopefully anyway..
I think Sony is going to fail there's not a good lot that they're doing compared to microsoft and the magical wand thing they call move is just a rip off of nintendo, I have both PS3 and 360 and i'd rather get natal.
(Jun. 14, 2010  9:55 PM)Galaxxy Wrote: I think Sony is going to fail there's not a good lot that they're doing compared to microsoft and the magical wand thing they call move is just a rip off of nintendo, I have both PS3 and 360 and i'd rather get natal.

Yes, because all Sony has lined up for this year is Move, no games at all. get out
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ubisoft unveiled, what can only be thought of as, BREATHING: THE VIDEO GAME.

You were an "Energy Sensory" (Which is identical to Nintendo's vitality sensor) and breath in and out to make a dot on screen go up and down on a little track.

They recommend playing it 10-15 minutes a day to relieve stress.