Duo Uranus Discussion

(Nov. 30, 2011  5:01 AM)Hazel Wrote: Glad to see Duo is worth the metal it's made of after all - I seriously had very low hopes after seeing the Metal Frame's goofiness.

I seriously agree with that. Smile
Also,
gibsonmac- Thanks for the testing.
Duo seriously seems to do well. Can you do some tests with Duo against certain TH170 combos?
(Dec. 01, 2011  3:29 PM)Janstarblast Wrote:
(Nov. 30, 2011  5:01 AM)Hazel Wrote: Glad to see Duo is worth the metal it's made of after all - I seriously had very low hopes after seeing the Metal Frame's goofiness.

I seriously agree with that. Smile
Also,
gibsonmac- Thanks for the testing.
Duo seriously seems to do well. Can you do some tests with Duo against certain TH170 combos?

sure, what do you want tested
Could you test against MF H Basalt Kerbecs BD145/TH170 MB/CS?
(Dec. 02, 2011  3:36 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: Could you test against MF H Basalt Kerbecs BD145/TH170 MB/CS?

Test Mirrors?? the TH170CS will be the same as the 230CS tests>> pretty much the same part.

I've done the BD145 mirror match, I think Duo wins roughly 75% of the time iirc, I'll do some formal tests.
Its written on that weird beyblade wikia that "Duo Uranus features an air vent gimmick, controlling air flow and sucking other beys towards it", so i think that is whats misleading people.. (btw it has something to do with weight distribution, right ?)
Anyways, Gibsonmac, can you test Duo Uranus 230CS vs L-Drago Destroy BD145MF (or RF will do) ?
Cause i have heard that this LDD combo does well against 170 and 230 based combos..
(Dec. 02, 2011  5:11 PM)Shirish Shukla Wrote: Its written on that weird beyblade wikia that "Duo Uranus features an air vent gimmick, controlling air flow and sucking other beys towards it", so i think that is whats misleading people.. (btw it has something to do with weight distribution, right ?)
Anyways, Gibsonmac, can you test Duo Uranus 230CS vs L-Drago Destroy BD145MF (or RF will do) ?
Cause i have heard that this LDD combo does well against 170 and 230 based combos..

That air thing was what WE thought the gimmick was, up until release (basically, the information they get is usually either pulled out their behinds, or is taken from us (generally with less respect to the original sources wishes, too)). Once it was released, it turned out to have a mode change that instead made it "wobble" for a wobbling attack (think what tall basalt combinations do to lower stamina combo's etc), and no air vent gimmick. I'm still not clear on whether it was originally planned to have the air vent gimmick or it was a misunderstanding.

The way some people are so passionate about it, I think it might be that way in the anime/manga... but I don't know because I haven't followed it since the first metal saga season...

I'm also on that other bey wikia, and I correct that carp every day, and every day someone changes it back...
(Dec. 03, 2011  4:22 AM)gibsonmac Wrote: The way some people are so passionate about it, I think it might be that way in the anime/manga... but I don't know because I haven't followed it since the first metal saga season...

I'm also on that other bey wikia, and I correct that carp every day, and every day someone changes it back...

Yeah, I wonder.

I noticed that, and the reversion in the next edit. This is why most of us do not bother. In an environment so poorly moderated, liars will prosper.

Before I go too off topic though, these are some nice results. I can't wait for mine to get here.
tests against:
MF Blitz 85 RF & R2F & XF

just for fun..try this too..
MF Galaxy _____ GB145/ BD145/CH120 RF/R2F (galaxy known to have some capability on K.O. Basalt..so..would interested to know its effect on Duo)
MF or without MF Meteo L Drago (145 based tracks) D/WD
if possible..videos too...
could duo even outclass basalt for defensive purposes
It could, in theory, due to a much rounder shape. However, we need to see more testing, and a lot more tournament results, before we can officially declare anything so drastic.
Right, so I have this thing, I'll do some testing in a bit, but here's my first impressions (which means they are to be taken with a hefty measure of salt):

Duo is low recoil defense, just like death. My duo is a bit lighter than my death, but with low recoil defense, that's not the primary concern, as can be seen in comparative tests.
In this way though, I doubt it will outclass basalt, like Death, it is a different form of defence (and "outclass" is very different to "outperform". I'd be surprised if basalt ever became "outclassed" unless a heavier wheel, or one that is very close in weight but better balanced, is released).

Duo is quite small for a 4D wheel, which I guess is something? That said, it's only 1-2mm smaller than Death so....

But yeah, I will try to get some testing done tonight, if not, tomorrow.

EDIT: 10 Rounds of it versus blitz. I'm not awesome with attackers, but the lack of recoil and decent weight makes it hard to hurt.

MF-H Duo Aquario BD145CS (Stamina) vs MF Blitz Unicorno 90R2F
Duo: 100% (OS)
Blitz: 0%

Stopped there, if I had done 20, 30, 50 rounds, whatever, Blitz would've probably got a couple of KO's, but it’s not a matchup you’d want to be facing as a blitz user.

Will try to do some proper stamina matchups later, just wanted to get this down. I think Death would do basically the same here, from what I've seen of it.
So, i buy Death or Duo ?? And the clear wheel doesn't matter ?? If i put Kerbecs or Bull on Duo, it's the same if i put Uranus on ?

PS : Sorry for my English, I'm not English.
Uranus, Kerbecs and Bull are all different weights. Kerbecs and Bull are better defense wheels.

@th!nk

Duo seems to be showing promising results. I may consider buying it.
Eh, I would probably just buy Death at this time. I plan to do some comparative tests today, but so far, they seem basically identical, Death comes with RDF, which appears to be excellent, so even if you do buy it and duo turns out marginally better, you still have another awesome part, and the other beys in BB-121 are pretty average.

Aquario is probably the better CW for it, or maybe Bull. Kerbecs... May work, but it's 3-sided, whereas Duo is 2-sided, and IMO the possible minuscule weight gain would not be worth the slightly diminished balance.

Bull is poorly balanced. I suspect Aquario and Cancer will probably be the better ones, just like for Phantom and Death.
Hm, I didn't realise Bull had suffered quite that large a fall from grace! That said, Bull does seem to have weight in places Duo lacks it, so it might work better here (though I would still recommend Aquario as a first choice).

As for Uranus, its only real use is for childish puns.
I still like the way the Uranus CW looks, though. Has anyone actually weighed it?
(Dec. 07, 2011  11:07 PM)Hazel Wrote: I still like the way the Uranus CW looks, though. Has anyone actually weighed it?

Doubt it would weigh much, it's a very small CW.
(Dec. 07, 2011  11:03 PM)th!nk Wrote: Hm, I didn't realise Bull had suffered quite that large a fall from grace! That said, Bull does seem to have weight in places Duo lacks it, so it might work better here (though I would still recommend Aquario as a first choice).

As for Uranus, its only real use is for childish puns.

Winning last part, lol. But in all honestly, Screw Uranus actually does look like it could expose Screw's slopes very well due to the shape of the spikes and the overall diameter.
I considered that use, but eeh, I prefer Pisces, one of the wings gets a bit close to the slopes.
For reference, the CW is so small that it is over a millimetre from the edge of basalt at its widest point.
(Dec. 07, 2011  11:07 PM)Hazel Wrote: I still like the way the Uranus CW looks, though. Has anyone actually weighed it?
Uranus weighs 2.33g according to AkirasDaddy
Ahh. So it is much smaller than I anticipated. Nevermind, then!
Oh my, turns out Duo is actually better against Blitz than Death. I'll add a link to the results of me doing the same test with Death, but to keep it simple, Death only manage 70% out of 20 battles, versus Duo's 100%. I did do another two rounds with Duo just to make sure I didn't mess up last night, and nope, Duo really lacks recoil, whereas Death still has some.

So yeah, everyone who has bought BB-121, do not despair.

Stamina tests coming soon too.

Stamina Tests:

MF Duo Cancer AD145WD (Stamina) vs MF Phantom Cancer AD145WD (stamina)
MF’s to reduce KO’s, WD’s both mint.
Alternating launches, Phantom launches first r1
Phantom OS’s Duo by a huge margin (larger than any difference that could be made up for by WD wear or anything, though as I said, both are fresh).

Duo: 2/20 (10%) 2KO
Phantom: 18/20 (90%) 16OS, 2KO

Comparative tests with Death
I hate to be a stickler for the whole # of rounds testing thing, but we really do need 20 rounds...