Driver/Performance Tip - Friction

Quote:==Description==
Friction features a wide ball shaped tip that sits at the standard height composed of PolyOxyMethylene (POM) thermoplastic, akin to a combination of Massive and Yielding, surrounded by a ring of rubber, akin to Atomic's free-spinning ring. In theory, the wider tip would increase a Beyblade's defense by having greater surface area and friction, however in practice, Friction's low friction POM construction reduces most of the Knock-Out resistance given by the surface area of the ball. Like other ball based defensive Performance Tips, Friction's rubber ring is meant to act as brakes against Knock-Outs at the cost of stamina by striking against the stadium floor, however, the larger diameter makes such contact rare.

While these features may imply that a Friction combination would be easy to Knock-Out, in reality the heavy weight of Super-Z and God/Switch Strike Layers and many Core Discs compensates for the POM construction. Furthermore, the low friction increases the Burst resistance of a Friction combinations. However, Friction lags behind Atomic in Spin-Equalization and Opposite-Spin combinations as the high friction of the rubber ring nullifies Life-After-Death potential.

==Overall==
It's pretty similar to Atomic in theory, but of course we'll only really know in actual testing
If I may ask, is friction’s rubber efficient?
How has it done in testing?
(Jul. 29, 2018  6:03 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: How has it done in testing?

It’s similar to atomic (obviously), so I wouldn’t expect it to be too bad.
(Jul. 29, 2018  6:15 PM)Hellibleri Wrote:
(Jul. 29, 2018  6:03 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: How has it done in testing?

It’s similar to atomic (obviously), so I wouldn’t expect it to be too bad.

The fact that revive Phoenix stock combo is good
Is it me or is Friction unable to throw in its rubber defensive? If that’s so, all you need is a really heavy beyblade like a Dead Hades.
I do believe Friction's rubber ring is also meant to assist in kicking around Revive Phoenix's armor once it has been deployed should it remain inside the stadium.
We need testings !! ( ATOMIC vs FRICTION !!)
(Sep. 04, 2018  12:37 PM)GOD CHIPS Wrote: We need testings !! ( ATOMIC vs FRICTION !!)

Which Combo??
A2-4-At/Fr should be fine, ehh?
(Sep. 04, 2018  1:55 PM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2018  12:37 PM)GOD CHIPS Wrote: We need testings !! ( ATOMIC vs FRICTION !!)

Which Combo??
A2-4-At/Fr should be fine, ehh?

WHAT ? , You have Revive Pheonix ???? ( Try spin test between both Drivers where the layer and the disk are same !!! )
(Jun. 17, 2018  3:02 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: ==Description==
Friction features a wide ball shaped tip that sits at the standard height composed of PolyOxyMethylene (POM) thermoplastic, akin to a combination of Massive and Yielding, surrounded by a ring of rubber, akin to Atomic's free-spinning ring. In theory, the wider tip would increase a Beyblade's defense by having greater surface area and friction, however in practice, Friction's low friction POM construction reduces most of the Knock-Out resistance given by the surface area of the ball. Like other ball based defensive Performance Tips, Friction's rubber ring is meant to act as brakes against Knock-Outs at the cost of stamina by striking against the stadium floor, however, the rubber is situated so high up that it is incapable of reaching the stadium floor at all.

While these features may imply that a Friction combination would be easy to Knock-Out, in reality the heavy weight of Super-Z and God/Switch Strike Layers and many Core Discs compensates for the POM construction and the static ball creates greater friction than a free-spinning ball, giving Friction greater Knock-Out resistance than Atomic or Orbit. Furthermore, the low friction increases the Burst resistance of a Friction combinations. However, Friction lags behind Atomic in Spin-Equalization and Opposite-Spin combinations as the Tip is very easily destabilized.

==Overall==

Friction features greater Knock-Out resistance than Atomic or Orbit while having comparable Stamina due to the low friction POM plastic. However, Friction’s poor stability prevents it from outclassing the aforementioned parts, leaving it as a decent Orbit alternative instead.

As such, Friction is a welcome addition to any blader’s collection

I’ve had Revive Phoenix for a while now and this is based on my experiences