Dranzer MS Article Attempt (Feedback Wanted!)

Does anyone else have any last advice before Kei takes a look?
I think you should take out all the DZMS'. It doesn't really need to be shortened imo.
(Feb. 26, 2011  9:17 AM)Ultrablader Wrote: I think you should take out all the DZMS'. It doesn't really need to be shortened imo.

Ok I'll do that. I agree.
If I where you, I'd add my combo and put Grip Flat Core Ultimate Mode in your combo, since it will bring out the strongest smash and upper that DZMS. Then it will be done. And if possible, try to change to whole "Spiral Upper is to compact" thing in the overall.Say it is outclassed or not pronounced enough to provide smash and upper attack.
All necessary changes according to me are emboldened with the correction written beside it in parenthesis, for example fault(correction according to me).
Sparta Wrote:Bit Protector (BP): Dranzer Emblem

The Bit-Protector of this beyblade is the Dranzer Emblem. It is the first mo(u)ld and the loosest version of Bit-Protectors.

Attack Ring (AR): Spiral Upper
The Dranzer MS Attack Ring, Spiral Upper, is an intriguing(interesting) AR. Like many other(most) Attack Rings from the past series of Dranzer beyblades(Dranzer series), Spiral Upper features two "Dranzer Heads". Though, this time around,(However) the Dranzer Heads feature multiple protrusions, and(that) are meant for smash attack in left-spin and right-spin(not so sure about right spin). The Metal Frame has two, small slopes that are meant for upper attack. The protrusions, however(not needed), are adjacent, thus forming a fairly compact AR.

The versatility of Spiral Upper is overshadowed by its performance, which is very mediocre.(Spiral Upper, though quite versatile, has a modest performance) The protrusions cause massive(high) recoil, and don't supply very strong smash(while the smash attack is not very effective either). Thesomewhat(not needed) compactness is drastically hindered by the recoil(purpose of compactness is defeated by the intense recoil) caused by the spikes. Like said above(DEFINITE negative; unacceptable by the beywiki standards), the slopes on the Metal Frame are quite short in comparison to other Upper Attack type Attack Rings, such as Circle Upper, thus making the Upper Attack relatively weak(The slopes are very short in comparison to the staple attack rings such as Circle Upper and Samurai Upper, providing negligible Upper Attack). Another obvious problem is that Upper must be in the same direction as the opposing bey, and the lack of any useful left-spin combos negates the use Upper Attack for this AR.(This attribute is rendered further useless by the fact that most beyblades are used in right spin, due to which even the negligible upper attack is completely worthless).

Use In Attack Customization

While easily outclassed by other parts such as Samurai Upper, you can build an attack custom with this piece. Note that this custom must be in left spin. Otherwise, spiral upper will not be useful:(Not the best of choices, but the spiral upper can be used in left spin to produce a decent smash combo.)

AR: Spiral Upper (Dranzer MS)
WD: Circle Wide
RC: Grip Flat Core (Dragoon MS)

By avoiding the more aggressive RC, Grip Flat Core (Ultimate Mode), you can make this custom more controllable.

(RC: Grip Flat Core (Ultimate Mode)(Dragoon MSUV)

This custom can be made more controllable by using Grip Flat Core(Dragoon MS).)

Like many other numerous Dranzer blade bases in the Plastic Generation,(most of the Dranzer series) Manual Change Core is a balance type Running Core,(allowing a mode change gimmick) that(and) has two modes: Survival and Attack. You can change between the two modes by pulling up or pushing down the tabs on the side of the RC. A sharp tip appears while the tabs are down. When the tabs are up, the tip is retracted, making a hole flat bottom, that is more vulnerable to knock outs, as it has less surface area with the stadium floor. This also causes the RC to self KO more, as it has less of a grip do to the hole. The Survival mode, just like the Attack mode, has many problems as well. Because the tabs are pushed down, the height of the RC is quite tall, thus increasing its chances of being destabilized more than any other sharp tip;(cut it short; can be refined) the(this) RC is too tall for competitive use. (However, Manual Change Core has found a place in very niche customs such as Force smash customs. For example :
AR: Advance Attacker(Force Smash Mode) (Advance Striker)
WD: Circle Heavy/CWD Defense Ring
RC: Manual Change Core (Dranzer MS) )

Mold Differences: RC
When Hasbro produced its' version of Dranzer MS, there was a mold difference in the running core. While the Takara version of the RC featured a main shaft that slowly progressed twice into a smaller shaft at the base, the Hasbro one featured only one single shaft. So in attack mode, there is more surface area on the Hasbro version, making more friction and therefore decreasing its' spin time in battle.

Summary:
Over all, if you are looking for a beyblade for competitive use, Dranzer MS should not be at the top of your purchase list. Manual Change Core is too tall to be taken seriously, and Spiral Upper is too compact. (At the time of its release, Spiral Upper was a decent attack ring. However, with the release of upper attack rings such as Circle Upper and Samurai Upper and smash attack attack ring such as Slash Upper, it has become severely outclassed. The Manual Change Core, though useful, is for the most part outclassed due to it's preposterous height. Circle Balance can be obtained from other blades as well.) There is little or no reason to buy this bey, aside from collection purposes.
My own draft seems more superior to yours. (Recently edited) You made the wording more awkward than it already is, and some of the stuff you added is either false, ("Manual Change Core, though useful" It was never useful or good to begin with. It's not only outclassed due to its height; It's attack speed causes self KO's and is not fast enough) or too shortened. I already have enough stress with SSJfisherman telling me to expand and describe my articles more, which is good, hah.

What's wrong with "Like said above"?

Read it now. I think it's fine where it is.
Sequoia Article (Click to View)
Yeah, I know, hah. Do you think the articles are good though?
I really don't know anything about plastics or HMS, so I can't really say.
(Mar. 04, 2011  5:36 PM)SSJfisherman Wrote: I really don't know anything about plastics or HMS, so I can't really say.

Oh, I understand then.
I've made a few changes, though they're not much, and I'm bumping this thread.
In the conclusion it's kinda wrong. Spiral upper is not bad because it's too compact. It's bad because of it's high recoil and mediocre attack. Also you've got commas in places where they aren't needed at all.
(Jun. 12, 2011  12:30 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: In the conclusion it's kinda wrong. Spiral upper is not bad because it's too compact. It's bad because of it's high recoil and mediocre attack. Also you've got commas in places where they aren't needed at all.

Ok, just give me a second, and I'll fix that. Thanks!
- I'm posting in this thread simply because it exists. This is a new draft.
- I don't know where the Red Version comes from, yet.
- If there is anything inaccurate, let me know.

Dranzer MS (Metal Spiral) (Click to View)
I can offer little in the way of factual analysis, as I know too little of HMS, but your writing is excellent, faultless as far as I can tell!

Circle balance is generally written as a redirect, as you well know, however, I think it may be easier just to copy what you've written there into the other articles, but I'll leave that up to others.

From what I can gather, Dranzer MS is considered to easily be one of the worst HMS, perhaps that should be made clear?
That's from here, anyway: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Dranzer-...le-Updated

The draft wasn't a very good one, but the discussion thereafter is quite useful.
The red version was a japanese Toyrus exclusive.
This article is well written, Nocto.

A few errors.
If needed, I can supply y'all with picture's of all the recolour's (Red, Black, Purple, Light Orange, and Proto Gray). Smile
(Feb. 10, 2012  10:43 AM)th!nk Wrote: Circle balance is generally written as a redirect, as you well know, however, I think it may be easier just to copy what you've written there into the other articles, but I'll leave that up to others.

My intention was to kill two "birds" with one stone. When/if this gets approved, I intend to create two separate articles, one for Dranzer MS and one for Circle Balance.

(Feb. 10, 2012  10:59 AM)Ultra Wrote: The red version was a japanese Toyrus exclusive.

Added.

(Feb. 10, 2012  11:13 PM)Imperial Wrote:
Nocto Wrote:only be used if nothing else is Available.
"Available" shouldn't be capatilized. Done

Nocto Wrote:out of the case at all time.
I believe it should be "at all times." Done

Nocto Wrote:While Manual Change Core is an interesting part, the same thing cannot be said about its performance.
Writing that a part's performance is not interesting doesn't make much sense. I'm still not satisfied, but done.

Nocto Wrote:, It is simply
The "it" shouldn't be capatilized. Done

As for other edits, I added a few things in the Overall section, and precisions for Manual Change Core Mode change mechanism.
Well, as far as I can tell, it all looks excellent. Hopefully Big Kei will pop in soon Smile
Nice article! Change the "too compact" part at the end, though.
(Feb. 11, 2012  12:50 AM)Evolution Wrote: If needed, I can supply y'all with picture's of all the recolour's (Red, Black, Purple, Light Orange, and Proto Gray). Smile

That would be awesome. Good photos in general are awesome for beywiki Wink
(Feb. 12, 2012  11:00 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Feb. 11, 2012  12:50 AM)Evolution Wrote: If needed, I can supply y'all with picture's of all the recolour's (Red, Black, Purple, Light Orange, and Proto Gray). Smile

That would be awesome. Good photos in general are awesome for beywiki Wink

Okay, I'll get to work on taking them as soon as possible, For the BeyWiki article when it's done! Smile
Got a Dranzer MS today. Nocto's draft seems basically perfect. May want to add in that the ABS Caul of the AR is rather obstructive of the Metal Frame, but yeah.

Oh, the AR *can* be used to fix Slash Riger's CWD Plastic Part in place, like Draciel MS's AR. Probably not worth noting though because it sucks (even on GFC (UM)), loads of rotational recoil (i.e. it's rotation gets "stopped" on impact) due to the flat faces of the plastic part and how the wings give the opponent much better leverage to stop it, and it also scrapes way too easily. It's more of an interesting note than anything useful. Still, the only two AR's I have that I have that fix it in place are this and Draciel MS's, so it's technically "the best I have found" for it.
A small update. I've recently acquired a scale, so I was able to weigh my (Sonokong) Dranzer MS.

th!nk Wrote:May want to add in that the ABS Caul of the AR is rather obstructive of the Metal Frame, but yeah.

I've followed up on this. It's in purple in the draft. I didn't mention it for Upper Attack because I don't really think it's relevant in that case.

Dranzer MS (Metal Spiral) (Click to View)