Drain Fafnir

I loved Deathscyther before it was banned.
Can someone explain to me why Deathscyther D2 was banned and not DRAIN FAFNIR?
Because Fafnir is dominating right now, and although Deathscyther was good, I don't understand this ban.
Deathscyther just doesn't seem OP to me and Fafnir does.
Thanks!
(Jul. 12, 2017  2:20 PM)Pankace04 Wrote: I loved Deathscyther before it was banned.
Because Fafnir is dominating right now, and although Deathscyther was good, I don't understand this ban.
Thanks!
fafnir is a somewhat new release and hasn't had much time in the meta. it has been considered but sometime needs to pass
deathscyther has been a top tier stamina layer since it was released back in 2015 and was unhealthy for the meta. it probably could have been banned sooner but there were reliable counters to it (e.g. Valkyrie) plus it also had fast wearing teeth.
D2 has been in almost every winning combos list since the release and was the most versatile layer in the game. it has the best stamina/defense in the game and there were no reliable counters. traditional attack types could not beat it like original deathscyther. it was unstoppable and dominated the meta.
hope that answers it
Perhaps, maybe Fafnir will get banned in the future. Thanks!
(Jul. 12, 2017  2:20 PM)Pankace04 Wrote: I loved Deathscyther before it was banned.
Thanks!

Takara Tomy D2 (which is banned and Hasbro one is still allowed to use) may not seem op but when you try it its really more powerful then Fafnir is. And tbh Fafnir still can can be beaten by many stamina and defence type with better disk and driver. Real reason of DF being so OP is Atomic, as it can OS many stamina as well as almost destory all kinds of attacker but it can be easily countered by another atomic and not like D2 which could OS almost everything then D and only attack that could beat it was Minoboros, valky and Xcaliber.

Also its not like WBO will always use banning as solution of OP parts. They can make different rules and Im sure at some point of Burst meta will be well balanced with nothing banned (burst is still new and more parts will be coming). They can also unban D2 and D to counter Fafnir.
1. D2 is too powerful since it is very good on both Stamina and Defense, so a lot of people would use combos with these two layers, which might limit the creation of players and influence the selling of other beys. But Drain Fafnir had not shown such dominance in battles.
2. D2 has been released for one year, most D2 that has been produced had been sold out, and the people who want this bey should have already got it, so banning this bey wouldn't effect the sales too much. However, Drain Fafnir is a new released bey, it is exactly the time new to do something to help sell more dFs. Banning dF would only seriously decrease its sales.
Fafnir can be beaten with a number of combos, for that reason it wont be banned. Japan seems to favor stamina and defense types which is why fafnir is used so much since d2 was banned.
If anything dF on polish atomic should be banned. I would hate to ban the layer as a whole
I think you guys are right, but I have a question. I have TT's Dark Deathscyther, and King Kerbeus seems a nice counter to it. Thoughts?
(Jul. 12, 2017  6:19 PM)Pankace04 Wrote: I think you guys are right, but I have a question. I have TT's Dark Deathscyther, and King Kerbeus seems a nice counter to it. Thoughts?

Well I can't really comment on Hasbro beys as I have none but TT K2 sometimes able to latch on to contact point of D2 and burst or sometimes OS it but you need to have faster launch then D2 used and D2 still has upperhand due to it can destabilize. So I agree K2 has chances to beat D2 but its definitely not a "counter".

Counter = A Combination/Bey that is capable of getting garented win against a specific combo or atleast have very high chance of beating it.

Aka how Drain Fafnir is counter to Stock Horosood Spread Edge. Like Fafnir will always win so its a Counter to HSE Smile and if something is beating a bey randomly or has decent chance (like win 60-70%) then its just a decent matchup not really a counter
(Jul. 12, 2017  7:54 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote:
(Jul. 12, 2017  6:19 PM)Pankace04 Wrote: I think you guys are right, but I have a question. I have TT's Dark Deathscyther, and King Kerbeus seems a nice counter to it. Thoughts?
Thanks, I meant my K2 ALWAYS beats my D2. Literally, D2 won once. That was because my K2 got a scrape launch. However, I see what you mean.
Well I can't really comment on Hasbro beys as I have none but TT K2 sometimes able to latch on to contact point of D2 and burst or sometimes OS it but you need to have faster launch then D2 used and D2 still has upperhand due to it can destabilize. So I agree K2 has chances to beat D2 but its definitely not a "counter".

Counter = A Combination/Bey that is capable of getting garented win against a specific combo or atleast have very high chance of beating it.

Aka how Drain Fafnir is counter to Stock Horosood Spread Edge. Like Fafnir will always win so its a Counter to HSE Smile and if something is beating a bey randomly or has decent chance (like win 60-70%) then its just a decent matchup not really a counter

Thanks, I meant my K2 ALWAYS beats my D2. Literally, D2 won once. That was because my K2 got a scrape launch. However, I see what you mean.
This was supposed to go here.
What about Valtryek? Mine has a 50% win rate right now, because it either hits the pockets or smashes the other Bey to pieces.
(Jul. 12, 2017  8:28 PM)Pankace04 Wrote:
(Jul. 12, 2017  7:54 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: Thanks, I meant my K2 ALWAYS beats my D2. Literally, D2 won once. That was because my K2 got a scrape launch. However, I see what you mean.

What about Valtryek? Mine has a 50% win rate right now, because it either hits the pockets or smashes the other Bey to pieces.

K2 winning always winning is really unusual. What combos you were using? If it was top tier one then i think there must be something with beys.

If possible can you show a video of D2 vs K2?
(Jul. 12, 2017  9:40 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote:
(Jul. 12, 2017  8:28 PM)Pankace04 Wrote:

K2 winning always winning is really unusual. What combos you were using? If it was top tier one then i think there must be something with beys.

If possible can you show a video of D2 vs K2?

Sure, I'm working right now but will post it soon. My D2 cracked after my 5 year old cousin launched it at rocks at a playground. I'm ordering a new one. Could you give me a week? Thanks!

PS I was using King Kerbeus Knuckle Survive, but I'm not sure that's top Tier. I am a fan of every part I used, being a stamina and attack player, but it still doesn't seem that OP to me.

It's a good combo, however, because K2 is a good defensive layer with nice counterattack potential as well as very circular, and Knuckle is somewhat the same. I was lucky to get a perfectly free spinning Survive, and I am a fan because of my heavy Phantom Orion use back in the day.
Free spinning survive? You mean revolve?
(Jul. 12, 2017  11:15 PM)cosmicstriker Wrote: Free spinning survive? You mean revolve?

Or Gyro Chief - Hmm .... But ethier way its kind of hard to beleive tbh as it would get destabilise by D2 combos more then any other ball tip.
(Jul. 12, 2017  11:21 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote:
(Jul. 12, 2017  11:15 PM)cosmicstriker Wrote: Free spinning survive? You mean revolve?

Or Gyro  Chief - Hmm .... But ethier way its kind of hard to beleive tbh as it would get destabilise by D2 combos more then any other ball tip.

Hasbro didn't release gyro tho, and it sounds like he's talking about hasbro. Its hard to believe that hasbro K2 can beat D2 in the first place, even hasbro D2 can beat hasbro K2.
(Jul. 12, 2017  11:28 PM)cosmicstriker Wrote:
(Jul. 12, 2017  11:21 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: Or Gyro  Chief - Hmm .... But ethier way its kind of hard to beleive tbh as it would get destabilise by D2 combos more then any other ball tip.

Hasbro didn't release gyro tho, and it sounds like he's talking about hasbro. Its hard to believe that hasbro K2 can beat D2 in the first place, even hasbro D2 can beat hasbro K2.

Yeah sorry I didn't noticed King Kerbeus and seen Kaiser rather.

K2 has some recoil points on its clear parts which may latch on D2's and burst it (or destabilise) but its kind inconsistent.
No one believes me, so I'm going to leave this thread that I started to all you skeptics. If my Kerbeus K2 can beat my Deathscyther D2, that's my gift/problem. I'm done here.
(Jul. 13, 2017  4:28 PM)Pankace04 Wrote: No one believes me, so I'm going to leave this thread that I started to all you skeptics. If my Kerbeus K2 can beat my Deathscyther D2, that's my gift/problem. I'm done here.

What was the combo for your D2?
(Jul. 13, 2017  4:28 PM)Pankace04 Wrote: No one believes me, so I'm going to leave this thread that I started to all you skeptics. If my Kerbeus K2 can beat my Deathscyther D2, that's my gift/problem. I'm done here.

If you had just answered their questions you could have stopped that skepticism very easily. TBH a lot of the confusion seems as though it has come from incorrectly naming the parts you were using or not listing them at all. You said a freespinning survive but survive is not free spinning, so did you perhaps mean revolve instead? Also there has been some confusion between whether you are using Takara Tomy or Hasbro parts, because they are not the same nor is there performance. You have Listed King Kerbeus K2 (Hasbro, Takara is Kaiser Kerbeus) and Dark Deathscyther (Takara). The skeptism has come from your claim that K2 is a counter to D2 which is very different to the general consensus of those parts perfomance. It could well be a manafacturing defect on one of your parts (likely the D2) causing it to perform poorly or as you have not listed the parts you were using with D2. Were you using D2 as an attack layer, because if you were therein lies your problem. D2 is best used as a Stamina layer as it performs poorly on attack setups.