Dragooon Discussion

Great tests guys! Thanks a lot for all the testing. Smile

(Aug. 06, 2012  2:49 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:
(Aug. 06, 2012  2:46 AM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: My Light Launcher L/R really sucks at launching Dragooon Synchromes, so I've yet to experience the wonders you all have. xD

Im using a left string launcher right now. CH120 XF does great. But once it slows down it basically stays in the center of the stadium. But I love its spin stealing ability. Ill do more test tomorrow after work.

Um, isn't it supposed to be that way(compare bold parts)? Confused
I mean, isn't CH120XF meant to Tornado Stall through the length of the battle; get to the center as it slows down, and then again speed up by stealing spin?
Hmm that's odd I could of sworn that's what you meant by:

(Aug. 03, 2012  11:26 AM)zionson Wrote: ........20% WIN RATE
Notes: Out of curiosity, I wanted to test this combo's ability to take on a stamina bey. In particular, Duo 230, which is dominant in our meta. As I suspected, it fared rather poorly, getting a couple of destabilizations, but otherwise outclassed. As far as combos go, I would prefer to go with my right spin dual Killerken with a CS tip, which works well both for defense and yet fares rather well against stamina. The replacement of Dragooon removes the synchrom's spin-eating ability and the RDF tip just doesn't have any stamina.[/spoiler]

Perhaps you were alluding to something else....
What I intended to say, and probably didn't come out right, was that replacing Killerken with Dragooon weakened Killerken Killerken. not the other way around, although strong Dragooon Dragooon is evident, as well.
(Jul. 29, 2012  3:05 AM)Zancrow Wrote: Please do tests of BD145MF, it worked well when I suggested it, so I'd like to see how it does in other match ups.
vs. Flash S130R2F
vs. Phantom TH170D
vs. Flash Orion W145MF
vs. Duo 230MB/JB ;D

I got around to doing this finally, sorry it took so long!

MSF-H Reviser Dragooon BD145MF Testing

Standard Procedure
BB-10, Beylauncher L/R with Suspension

Okay, this is a good custom. Like, really, really good. It is heavy as all get out which gives it natural defense, it has decent enough smash to KO stamina types, and if all else fails it will OS almost anything via spin steal. Here's the results to prove it:

MSF-H Reviser Dragooon BD145MF vs. MF-H Flash Scorpio S130R2F
Dragooon: 15 (6 OS, 9 KO)
Flash: 5 (5 KO)
Dragooon Win %: 75%

Dragooon is as heavy as a mac truck. It's heavy enough that it stays absolutely still when Flash hits it despite being on MF. This was crazy.

MSF-H Reviser Dragooon BD145MF vs. MF-H Flash Orion W145MF
Dragooon: 18 (4 OS, 14 KO)
Flash: 2 (2 KO)
Dragooon Win %: 90%

Not even close; Dragooon sent Flash flying. If Flash got enough wall saves, Dragooon would spin steal and always OS it.

MSF-H Reviser Dragooon BD145MF vs. Phantom Hades TH170D
Dragooon: 10 (1 OS, 9 KO)
Phantom: 0
Dragooon Win %: 100%

I only did 10 tests because it was obvious Phantom wasn't going to ever win. Even in the second match when it got wall saved enough to bring it down to an OS battle, Dragooon stole spin like a champ and came out on top.

MSF-H Reviser Dragooon BD145MF vs. MF-L Duo Cygnus 230MB
Dragooon: 10 (10 KO)
Duo: 0

This was just like the Phantom test. If Dragooon so much as glances at something it goes flying.

MSF-H Reviser Dragooon BD145MF vs. Duo Cygnus 160PD
Dragooon: 10 (10 KO)
Duo: 0

Don't tell me you're surprised by these results at this point Tongue_out
@INguilt when you did the Dragooon Dragooon BD145 test what was the position of BD145? As it can move some with Syncromes. I was doin these tests earlier actually
I want to see a comparison of Dark's Dragooon Dragooon combo and Ingulit's Reviser Dragooon.
Ingulit
Man, those tests are impressive. Do you think the OS against Phantom TH170D was because of a favorable height? Could you try to make Dragooon not KO and see if it can OS Phantom/Duo on W145WD or AD145WD.
SO I tested MSF Dragooon Dragooon CH120 XF. Considering people like Dan & Bluezee pretty much put anything left spin on it I thought why not. So Dan this one is for you.

Equipment used:

MSF Dragooon Dragooon CH120 XF vs MF H Duo Aquario BD145 CS
(Aug. 08, 2012  1:18 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: @INguilt when you did the Dragooon Dragooon BD145 test what was the position of BD145? As it can move some with Syncromes. I was doin these tests earlier actually
Every match I moved the disk down as far as it would go, but every match it would slide up slightly and I couldn't prevent that from happening. Sometimes after a match it would be almost flush with Reviser.

I also was testing Reviser Dragooon, I don't have two Dragooons.

(Aug. 08, 2012  1:25 AM)Néar Wrote: I want to see a comparison of Dark's Dragooon Dragooon combo and Ingulit's Reviser Dragooon.
Haha, I certainly didn't come up with that combo, I just tested it since there were requests. It's darn good though.

(Aug. 08, 2012  1:34 AM)Imperial Wrote: Ingulit
Man, those tests are impressive. Do you think the OS against Phantom TH170D was because of a favorable height? Could you try to make Dragooon not KO and see if it can OS Phantom/Duo on W145WD or AD145WD.

The height could very well have something to do with it, and I was thinking of doing what you mentioned (making it not KO). I'll give it a shot and I'll see what happens. It seems like Dragooon has incredible spin steal from what I'm gathering both from test results and my own observations.
@Inguilt: Dragooon is amazing for spin stealing. IF anyone has any request let me know. I can say Dragooon does bad with TR145. I did try Phoenic Dragoooon TR145 EWD. To say the least it didn't perform well. CH120 XF has potential. More testing on it is needed.
(Aug. 08, 2012  2:29 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: @Inguilt: Dragooon is amazing for spin stealing. IF anyone has any request let me know. I can say Dragooon does bad with TR145. I did try Phoenic Dragoooon TR145 EWD. To say the least it didn't perform well. CH120 XF has potential. More testing on it is needed.

can u do ur combo vs Duo Gasher/Cygnus 230D?
(Aug. 08, 2012  2:36 AM)SoulEater57 Wrote:
(Aug. 08, 2012  2:29 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: @Inguilt: Dragooon is amazing for spin stealing. IF anyone has any request let me know. I can say Dragooon does bad with TR145. I did try Phoenic Dragoooon TR145 EWD. To say the least it didn't perform well. CH120 XF has potential. More testing on it is needed.

I would but Im missing my D tip.

(Aug. 08, 2012  2:41 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:
(Aug. 08, 2012  2:36 AM)SoulEater57 Wrote:

I would but Im missing my D tip.

can u try PD?

I mentioned this elsewhere, but I think the reason it does poorly on TR145 is because it's the only left-spin wheel that isn't 3 sided.

I don't have two Dragooons, but I'm interested in trying that with Reviser Dragooon. Have you thought about MSF-H Dragooon Dragooon CH120GCF? GCF is the same width as XF and weighs a ton, though I don't know if it would actually perform better or not.
MSF Dragooon Dragooon BD145 MF vs Duo Cancer 230 PD
What's a counter to this? lol
(Aug. 08, 2012  3:10 AM)Ingulit Wrote: I'm surprised Dragooon didn't OS Duo to be honest, it does a fine job spin stealing against Phantom.

I think part of it was my launcher. Its time to get a new one. And i noticed going against 230, BD145 would floor scrape. So im kinda liking CH120 XF better. I tried CH120 GCF, and it did horrid.
(Aug. 08, 2012  3:14 AM)SoulEater57 Wrote: What's a counter to this? lol

As of right now Im not sure hah

That is a lovely question my friend haha

Dragooon too broke

But seriously, in my opinion one of the most important things to be looking into is GOOD counters to Dragooon customs. There are plenty of customs that beat Dragooon, but they need to not suck against everything else. I'm tossing some ideas of my own around right now but I haven't made up my mind just yet.
(Aug. 08, 2012  3:23 AM)Ingulit Wrote:

That is a lovely question my friend haha

Dragooon too broke

But seriously, in my opinion one of the most important things to be looking into is GOOD counters to Dragooon customs. There are plenty of customs that beat Dragooon, but they need to not suck against everything else. I'm tossing some ideas of my own around right now but I haven't made up my mind just yet.

Maybe MF-H Basalt Aquario/Kerbecs 230RB will pwn this cutom
(Aug. 08, 2012  3:25 AM)SoulEater57 Wrote: Maybe MF-H Basalt Aquario/Kerbecs 230RB will pwn this cutom

Doubtful, mainly because RB doesn't have the best stamina because its rubber. Using a tip like XF or MF could OS it,. One of the reason ive started using XF/MF so much.
(Aug. 08, 2012  3:07 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: MSF Dragooon Dragooon BD145 MF vs Duo Cancer 230 PD

Oh gawd I'm such a genius.
I mean, I totally stole this from got the idea from LDD/LDG BD145MF, since it's pretty obvious that it should work well with it, seeing as the added weight fixed the only problem with LDD/LDG BD145MF IMO, which was its weight and defensive capabilities.
(Aug. 08, 2012  4:06 AM)Zancrow Wrote:
(Aug. 08, 2012  3:07 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: MSF Dragooon Dragooon BD145 MF vs Duo Cancer 230 PD

Oh gawd I'm such a genius.
I mean, I totally stole this from got the idea from LDD/LDG BD145MF, since it's pretty obvious that it should work well with it, seeing as the added weight fixed the only problem with LDD/LDG BD145MF IMO, which was its weight and defensive capabilities.

I was simply doing comparative tests. Hopefully Ill be able to do more tomorrow.
Could someone please test Dragooon Phoenic BD145RDF Vs any kind of Duo or Phantom stamina combo.
(Aug. 08, 2012  5:48 AM)CerealSoup Wrote: Could someone please test Dragooon Phoenic BD145RDF Vs any kind of Duo or Phantom stamina combo.
I can do this test, but I have a few questions:

Metal Stone Face or no?

Just to make sure, if you mean Dragooon is supposed to be up it's supposed to be "Phoenic Dragooon." If not, my apologies.

Why Phoenic exactly?