Dragoon Storm (Burst) Testing

Dragoon S (Burst) Testing

[Image: M0X0x7G.jpg]

I did these immediately once I got my Burst Dragoon, but i've been putting off posting it here because i'm a level 56 procrastinator. :P

Equipment:
  • Beylauncher L
  • Light Launcher + Long Winder
  • B-09 Beystadium Standard Type
Benchmark Tests 

D2 was always launched first, followed by weak-launched left spinner
Quote:Lost Longinus Heavy Xtreme vs. Dank Dootscooter Spread Orbit
L2HX: 1/10
D2SO: 9/10
L2 Win Percent: 10%

Lost Longinus Heavy Weight vs. Dank Dootscooter Spread Orbit
L2HW: 0/10
D2SO: 10/0
L2 Win Percent: 0%

Lost Longinus Quarter Hold vs. Dank Dootscooter Spread Orbit
L2QH: 12/20
D2SO: 8/20
L2 Win Percent: 60%

Actual Tests

Dragoon S Polish Hold vs. Dark Deathscyther Spread Orbit
DgPH: 7/20 Wins 
D2SO: 13/20 Wins
Dg Win Rate: 35%

Dragoon S Heavy Xtreme vs. Dark Deathscyther Spread Orbit
DgHX: 9/20 Wins
D2SO: 11/20 Wins
Dg Win Rate: 45%

Dragoon S Heavy Weight vs. Dark Deathscyther Spread Orbit
DgHW: 9/20 Wins
D2SO: 11/20 Wins
Dg Win Rate: 45%

(here's a test i didn't even bother finishing because it was self-evident lol)
Dragoon S Heavy Trans vs. Dark Deathscyther Spread Orbit
DgHT: 1/7 Wins
D2SO: 6/7 Wins
Dg Win Rate: 14%

Dg Overall Win Ratio: 39%

what a surprise, d2 shut it down
Even on the combos where it did get close to getting above a 50% win ratio, the layer's performance overall is pretty inconsistent. I'd call it a poor man's L2 if you didn't need L2 to use it, lol. Definitely meant to be a collectors piece.
You can't just take someone else's benchmarks; the purpose of the benchmark is to gauge your proficiency with that combination...
LeoBurst has been getting amazing mileage from Dragoon S by soft launching it in the combo Dragoon S Gravity Xtreme
(Apr. 02, 2017  1:42 AM)Angry Face Wrote: You can't just take someone else's benchmarks; the purpose of the benchmark is to gauge your proficiency with that combination...

alright then, here you go;

Lost Longinus Heavy Xtreme vs. Dank Dootscooter Spread Orbit
L2HX: 1/10
D2SO: 9/10
L2 Win Percent: 10%

Lost Longinus Heavy Weight vs. Dank Dootscooter Spread Orbit
L2HW: 0/10
D2SO: 10/0
L2 Win Percent: 0%

(here's the only one with any interesting info)
Lost Longinus Quarter Hold vs. Dank Dootscooter Spread Orbit
L2QH: 12/20
D2SO: 8/20
L2 Win Percent: 60%

The last one really helped put into perspective how bad Dg was being in these tests. 
Thank you for your corrective message, i would have never learned this tidbit otherwise. I'll update the OP asap.
Considering how powerful Dark Deathscyther is, the Dragoon S Heavy Xtreme results are fairly impressive. Were you weak launching? Were the wins via Burst?

The Dragoon S Heavy Weight results are interesting too. How did those battles play out? How were each Beyblade launched? Dragoon S did better with Heavy Weight and Xtreme than L2, so while L2 was indeed better on Hold, I don't think you should discount the success it was able to find on different set ups; different Layers work better on different set ups, as your results illustrate. I also don't know if Polish would be the best Disk to use on DgPH, and it differs from what you used on L2, so making comparisons between the results becomes more difficult.

Thanks for the tests!
I came here to see how to counter dragoon storm. So please replied and tell a combo. No illegal or metal bey please
I don't think it will be so difficult to beat Dragoon S in burst Confused seeing these results it just doing ok.
Doing the same thing as you. Got dragoon in the mail on the 2nd of April. Thought it be op with the wing xremtre and boy was I wrong. It looks good as a colocters item and stayed true to the original design. However 4 hits from wyvern and bey looses it's spin and goes into a loss. Dragoon went into a stamina bey rather then aggressive. He does 4 spins outside the ring then takes place into the middle. Tryed deathscythe against it went into a instant burst. Trying to make mine more of a aggressive type rather then defensive however. Used spiral as the tip does OK takes 6 hits for wyvern to down him and dragoon gains more speed. Managed to get a burst and a ring out 2/4 rounds. Deathscythe same results goes into a burst from death each time. Would like to hear your guys thoughts so far spiral works though could do better.
(Apr. 13, 2017  8:27 PM)Tyson-GStorm Wrote: Doing the same thing as you. Got dragoon in the mail on the 2nd of April thought it be op with the wing xremtre, boy was I wrong. Looks good as a colocters item and stayed true to the original design. However 4 hits from wyvern and bey looses it's spin and goes into a loss. Went more into a stamina bey rather then aggressive does 4 spins outside the ring the takes place into the middle. Tryed deathscythe against it went into a instant burst. Trying to make mine more of a aggressive type rather then defensive however. Used spiral as the tip does OK takes 6 hits for wyvern to down him and dragoon gains more speed. Managed to get a burst and a ring out 2/4 rounds. Deathscythe same results goes into a burst from death each time. Would like to hear your guys thoughts so far spiral works though could do better.

This is the Gold version, correct? If so, the white version does better. And the key is to launch it medium strength. I'd suggest using Xtreme again, while weak launching.
Using the white version couldn't find the gold on amazon and wanted dragoon to be closer to the original rather then recolored.
(Apr. 13, 2017  9:24 PM)Tyson-GStorm Wrote: Using the white version couldn't find the gold on amazon and wanted dragoon to be closer to the original rather then recolored.

Just use a weaker launch on Xtreme. Left spin beys tend to burst opponents more when weak launched, but don't go too weak.
Alright, even though I haven't recorded my test I still saw them. I can't get Dragoon to be "good"
I've tried weak launching with 3 different Xtreme and Gravity, Knuckle, and Heavy; all of them proved to be useless against D2. Dragoon can't get enough hits in to actually burst the opponent, it's stamina dies after just one hit and if it's launched too hard it self bursts. I don't know how Leo Burst was able to burst D2 and K2 so easily with Dragoon. I've tried launching at many power levels, all bared losses.
Ty for the input, used longinus before I bought dragoon won half my matches against my friends using just the regular models. Longinus has more weight added and mostly won due to its weight and being able to clock out opponents. Used to own a dragoon victory when beyblade first came out. Always liked the design and animation of the beyblade itself why I choose to use dragoon.
(Apr. 13, 2017  9:26 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote: Just use a weaker launch on Xtreme. Left spin beys tend to burst opponents more when weak launched, but don't go too weak.

(Apr. 13, 2017  9:39 PM)Mage Wrote: Alright, even though I haven't recorded my test I still saw them. I can't get Dragoon to be "good"
I've tried weak launching with 3 different Xtreme and Gravity, Knuckle, and Heavy; all of them proved to be useless against D2. Dragoon can't get enough hits in to actually burst the opponent, it's stamina dies after just one hit and if it's launched too hard it self bursts. I don't know how Leo Burst was able to burst D2 and K2 so easily with Dragoon. I've tried launching at  many power levels, all bared losses.

If you see my post in other thread https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Dragoon...pid1372990

It's my theory why L2 can burst opposite spin beys and why Dg can't. THOUGH I don't own Dg so I said that theory completely based on Logic (and my observation while testing L2. But way L2 burst RS is due to it's super agressive right directional contact points)
Just read your post fire and yeah that does make sense. From what I seen with longinus the dragons themselfs have metal plates rather then plastic. Dragoon just has a plastic tip and has nothing  the tip can latch onto like longinus. spiral from what I've seen adds the speed onto longinus making it spin in a circle motion outside the ring then slowly drops into the middle of the ring. Did the same thing with dragoon. That added with nine on longinus it has more weight and sharper tips the other beys can latch onto making them get stuck onto the tips causing the bey to clock out as mentioned. Don't see this happening with dragoon why the desicions are tougher for dragoon.
Thanks for your thoughts on the beyblade. Going to use a gravity disc and see what happens. Think the bey just needs more weight and a harder forge disc.
(Apr. 14, 2017  2:24 AM)Tyson-GStorm Wrote: Thanks for your thoughts on the beyblade. Going to use a gravity disc and see what happens. Think the bey just needs more weight and a harder forge disc.

No problem friend! But also try week launching L2. Most effective combination for Weak-Launched L2 is L2GH/K/SH and for hard launched L2 is L2HX Smile. BTW we are getting kinda off-topic
(Apr. 13, 2017  9:39 PM)Mage Wrote: Alright, even though I haven't recorded my test I still saw them. I can't get Dragoon to be "good"
I've tried weak launching with 3 different Xtreme and Gravity, Knuckle, and Heavy; all of them proved to be useless against D2. Dragoon can't get enough hits in to actually burst the opponent, it's stamina dies after just one hit and if it's launched too hard it self bursts. I don't know how Leo Burst was able to burst D2 and K2 so easily with Dragoon. I've tried launching at  many power levels, all bared losses.

was having the same issue though does work. you try weak launching dragoon rather then yanking the cord all the way back? trick is to pull the cord half way and aim it towards the center rather then tilting the beyblade towards the rims. takes practice though does burst occasionally just not the way your seeing it in Leo's videos. my recommendation is ether using gravity with spiral or extreme. extreme seems to do better then spiral from my test. though both work to a degree. also the way they made d2 the layer is designed to where d2 is wedged in. seen this in a few Hasbro models not sure if the same is true with Tommy. Would try another d2 and see if the one you have isn't designed to where the layer is harder to get undone. Hasbro did this in a few Rocktavor models as well. Also this thread is getting a little bit off topic should be related to testing of the bey itself rather then combos and launch techniques. Apologizes for the rambling good luck on your beyblade  Trainiacj. :)
I think found out the secret, the opponent needs to be heavy or else it won't work at all.

Edit: So try the test again with D2 Heavy/Gravity Orbit or maybe one of the numbered disks from the God Series.