Dragon Ball: The Movie

Okay, so here's a topic for some updates. We already know about Goku and Piccolo.

[Image: emmy-rossum-picture-1.jpg]
Bulma - Emmy Rossum

[Image: photo22563.jpg]
Yamcha - Park Joon Hyung

[Image: Eriko_Tamura.jpg]
Mai - Eriko Tamura

Well, pretty solid choices so far. Let's hope they can act well. Also, that the movie doesn't suck.
I'm seriously not expecting anything good out of this movie. It would be nice to be pleasantly surprised though.
i cant wait for this movie wait. will they have gokus cloud
This movie is gonna be friggin' crazy. Hopefully they do it right though, it could go either way.

rooneyt Wrote:i cant wait for this movie wait. will they have gokus cloud
rooneyt, they are actually putting the flying nimbus in the movie just because you want it.
Kei Wrote:This movie is gonna be friggin' crazy. Hopefully they do it right though, it could go either way.

rooneyt Wrote:i cant wait for this movie wait. will they have gokus cloud
rooneyt, they are actually putting the flying nimbus in the movie just because you want it.

YAY cloudy mc cloud cloud going to be in it .
Well, at least Bulma's a total hottie mchotface who apparently has some acting talent.

If Kintoun is in it...aww yeah.
As much as I like the Dragon Ball/Z series, I doubt this movie will be any good. I do hope I'm wrong though (or that in the very least it won't suck too much).
hey guys its 1998 lets make a dragonball when its at its peak of popularity
i am gonna go dressed as mr. popo
Tamer Brad Wrote:i am gonna go dressed as mr. popo

it would be funny until someone not seeing the movie attempts to lynch you
are you a racist toto? huh? you hate the blacks?

KKK-Kyle
I ain't no racist, fool

[Image: dbzmex2.jpg]
Orange shirt Goku is lame.

[Image: emmy_rossum.jpg]

"Stunt Performance company 87Eleven (The Matrix, 300) will handle the action sequences."
WHAT
seriously this movie is like 10 years late

do they really think this is a good idea?
Yeah, this would've been a smash 5-10 years ago, it's just too late now. Nobody cares about DBZ.
I'm still excited, guys. In case you didn't realize, Dragon Ball still sells. In Japan, the remastered DVDs consistently make the top ten whenever they're released. Kids are still buying toys, and the Tenkaichi games always sell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzZyZdYdUyg
Chi Chi.
About 6 years ago I heard The Rock was suppose to play as Cell.
Speechless
Guitar_Legend Wrote:About 6 years ago I heard The Rock was suppose to play as Cell.
Speechless
The movie wasn't even being produced then, actually. They just started filming like, last week.
Mr. Toto Wrote:I'm still excited, guys. In case you didn't realize, Dragon Ball still sells. In Japan, the remastered DVDs consistently make the top ten whenever they're released. Kids are still buying toys, and the Tenkaichi games always sell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzZyZdYdUyg
Chi Chi.

In Japan, nobody gives a carp about this movie.
Mr. Toto Wrote:
Guitar_Legend Wrote:About 6 years ago I heard The Rock was suppose to play as Cell.
Speechless
The movie wasn't even being produced then, actually. They just started filming like, last week.

This movie was being made ages ago, but got scrapped and appears to be back in full force.
Tamer Brad Wrote:In Japan, nobody gives a carp about this movie.

The latter two points (toys and games) were directed more towards here. I have no knowledge of the DVD sales here, so I can't say those sell well. And although it may not be at the peak of its popularity, Dragon Ball still seems quite beloved in the hearts of many. The original series was quite charming, and hopefully a similar feel can be retained with this new retelling of the story.
It doesn't make a bit of difference, guys. that is probably the worst movie poster ive seen

not impressed. if that is goku in the middle of that poster than. hes not deezed enough.
edit: nm

I loved Dragonball, so hope this isn't utter carp. gl movie.
Tamer Brad Wrote:
Mr. Toto Wrote:
Speechless

This movie was being made ages ago, but got scrapped and appears to be back in full force.
While it is true that development began in 2002, the film didn't even get a script written. All that occurred was that Fox purchased the rights to make a movie, and that was the only thing notable enough to mention at the time. A director wrote a script in 2004, but it was completely re-written by Steven Chow in 2007.

The only point I'm trying to disprove is that it's quite impossible for The Rock to play as Cell when this is the first time they have ever even attempted to cast the film. Also, considering that Ben Ramsey (the creator of the first script) is still credited as a writer, it technically was never 'scrapped.' However, it probably would have been had the script stayed in 'Z' territory.
wow toto, so this is really gonna happen?
i'm guessing its gonna be like the speedracer movie..(youtube it),
but ill still see it. Grin