Dragon Ball Kai Thread of why does this exist? And Boo is apparently not in the manga

Because nothing says I love you like a HD re-imagining of what Toei called "Z"! This April!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4gNFvNP_...bscription

EDIT- Better quality: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FrWKRWHe2M
Yes! Another reason to watch 30mins of screaming! No, but DBZ is ridiculously legendary. And I'll most likely love the "original" movies they'll come up with so.
Aside from the movie i think they might bring back the anime since theyre still bringing out dbz toys....atleast where i live...
(Mar. 01, 2009  5:18 AM)shikamaru526 Wrote: Yes! Another reason to watch 30mins of screaming! No, but DBZ is ridiculously legendary. And I'll most likely love the "original" movies they'll come up with so.

*Que Me speaking about what DragonBall Kai is*

DragonBall Kai is the re-imagining of DragonBall Z for its' 20th Anniversary (Z started broadcast in 1989) that cuts out most, if not all of the filler. This includes fight filler. DragonBall Z's initial run ended at 291 episodes. DragonBall Kai's rumored episode count is near 100. Thats 191 less.

(Mar. 01, 2009  12:41 PM)-WOLF- Wrote: Aside from the movie i think they might bring back the anime since theyre still bringing out dbz toys....atleast where i live...

There are still Andre The Giant action figures despite the fact he's been dead for over a decade...

What I'm saying is that Action figures are not a good way to predict the future of a franchise.
This is actually really cool. I would deffinitly rewatch it like this. I hope it airs in the US in HD.
Airing right now in Japan.

OMG Dragonsoul is too cool of a song. Reminds me a tad of DAN DAN.
I remember hearing that Dragon Soul would sound like a mashup of Dan Dan Kokoro Hikarete ku and Cha La Head Cha La, definitely felt like Dragon Ball though.

This is pretty cool so far Smile
OMG Farmer with the shotgun.
I am SOOOOO relieved that they severely cut down the "Gohan is lost! Goku must find him" filler that took up pretty much all of Episode 1 of DBZ.

Also, the Eyecatchers aren't bad looking.

EDIT:
Yeah Break Care Break was awesome.
Kai is pretty cool so far, nice to see events happening faster.
Definately loving DB Kai already. Once Blu-Rays are out in the NA I'm there day one.

Really liked that little Krillin and Luffy commercial right after DB Kai.
I'm definitely watching this as soon as it finds its way online. I Look forward to it.
Dragon Soul on Youtube
Be sure to click the little "HD" button, it looks gorgeous!
that song sucks hard
I dunno, I find Dragon Soul to be love. Not as much love as DAN DAN, but I love DAN DAN more so then any other piece of DragonBall music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtLXGdemZCs

Non-HD capture of the ending.

And I love how absurd this group's name is "Yeah! Break! Care! Break!"

Also some low res captures of episode 1 are floating around on the You. Search in Spanish and I'm sure you'll find it soon (DragonBall apparently is huge in the Spanish speaking countries...).
I really like the pacing so far.

Episode 2 of Kai used 3 chapters of material.
It had stuff from Z episode 2, all of 3, and the beginning of 4.
That's basically an episode and a half compressed into one full episode.

I still really like Yeah! Break! Care! Break!. (And I was even humming Dragon Soul while it was playing)
Well, there's a pretty big visual edit made in Episode 3.
[Image: KaiCensorship.jpg]
Now it just makes it look like the Makankosappo causes wicked bruising.

and hey!
[Image: VegetaNappaRecolour.jpg]
They recoloured Nappa and Vegeta!
It looks weird since they took out the blood in that episode (that as the only was the only way i could think of putting it XD .) I will drop in and catch myself up with the series every now and then if i can, but it's not really a top priority of mine. Though this was an awesome anime, i don't really see the point in watching it all again.
(Apr. 19, 2009  5:12 AM)Hero Wrote: It looks weird since they took out the blood in that episode (that as the only was the only way i could think of putting it XD .) I will drop in and catch myself up with the series every now and then if i can, but it's not really a top priority of mine. Though this was an awesome anime, i don't really see the point in watching it all again.

Same. They really should have kept the blood. =/
I prefer the old colors thy used too. They seem more vivid and alive, when compared to DBK's. Except that last one with vegeta, they were right with re-coloring that one.
Just for extra comparison, here's the result of the Makankosappo in the manga.
[Image: mangawound.jpg]

Not absolutely DRIPPING with blood, but it is bleeding.
And you can still tell there's a large hole through Goku & Radditz's stomachs.
I just don't like how in Kai, it looks like a large bruise, instead of a really fatal wound.
They also took out Goku's penis in episode one. It seems that they're going for the Ocean 1996 DBZ in terms of editing...
It's because the censoring standards are higher than they were back in 87.
I absolutely loved the Dragonball Z movies because they had great pacing and artwork compared to the TV show.
So I'm assuming this show will be like that, too..awesome.
(Apr. 20, 2009  12:58 AM)Mr. Toto Wrote: It's because the censoring standards are higher than they were back in 87.

This show airs right before One Piece. One Piece has gotten away with much worse then Piccolo's Special Beam Cannon, same goes for Goku's penis. Heck, Toei animated Zatch Bell, and apparently half the time Zatch is pantless in that show in the Japanese version.
(Apr. 20, 2009  9:58 PM)To Wrote: This show airs right before One Piece. One Piece has gotten away with much worse then Piccolo's Special Beam Cannon, same goes for Goku's penis. Heck, Toei animated Zatch Bell, and apparently half the time Zatch is pantless in that show in the Japanese version.
one piece has never shown nudity, nor has it ever shown a huge gaping hole in someone's body (that kills them) in its 9:30 am timeslot