Dragon Ball Kai Thread of why does this exist? And Boo is apparently not in the manga

Toei has decided against airing episode 98 to maintain their premiere slot for Toriko (note: due to the recent disaster situation in Japan, episodes of Kai and One Piece were pushed back a week). So this weekend, episode 97 is the end of Dragon Ball Kai.

Toei doesn't care at all, which is what I expected when I watched the first few episodes.
so how the hell is this going to end?
goku will be dead?

what the booger.
(Mar. 24, 2011  8:04 PM)To Wrote: Toei has decided against airing episode 98 to maintain their premiere slot for Toriko (note: due to the recent disaster situation in Japan, episodes of Kai and One Piece were pushed back a week). So this weekend, episode 97 is the end of Dragon Ball Kai.

Toei doesn't care at all, which is what I expected when I watched the first few episodes.

Then what was the point of this? If they didn't even plan on ending it what the he'll was the plan?
Wow. Kai ended tonight, and it apparently ended in dramatic fashion. Trunks heads back to his timeline, as Goku's spirit pats Gohan on the back, as Chi-Chi cries out in mourning of her dead husband. All while Dragon Soul plays in the background.

Instead of a next episode preview, it was apparently another teaser for next week's One Piece, and the debut of Toriko. Toei's heartless.
WOW.

That would leave a sour taste in my mouth.
Good thing I didn't start watching Kai.

Ahah, people who know lots of DBZ and are watching the English dubs on Saturday mornings are gunna be mad.
Toei didn't care enough for DBZ even at the beginning of DBZ Kai, considering the fact that it should have been a complete redraw of DBZ, and that they did not want to do the Buu Saga.
Darn it all!!! I thoughtr i could just watch kai instead of rewatching the three bilion episodes of dragon ball Argh! Great i am going to have to start DBZ again. GGGGGR im so po'ed
they did not even need this the filler was fine and what the hells with blue popo i mean serously oooo he black let censer him cause where a*%h*&ls okay all my anger out now

i guess i just prefer normal dbz
No, the filler's really not okay. Kai with Boo likely would've finished around 130-50 episodes, which would actually put it at 1/2 of Z's length. Take that in, the same amount of story in half the time.
Yeah, you definitely get a different feeling from the manga and anime.

Some of the names I like in the manga more, and some of the names I like in the English dub more(I don't watch the Jap sub.)
http://www.daizex.com/

Gee, episode 98 of DBZ Kai coming to a home release DVD thing whatever you call it thingamajig.
It says its to be included as a bonus despite the music fiasco in progress, I dont think i understand what this is trying to say. Bonus for what?
(May. 22, 2011  7:29 PM)bladeraider Wrote: It says its to be included as a bonus despite the music fiasco in progress, I dont think i understand what this is trying to say. Bonus for what?

You're reading the podcast outline which covers the music fiasco (which for those who do not know - was a late issue with Kai that had the composer for the series labeled as a plagiarist, and had the music for the remaining episodes replaced with old Z music). Now, you see the DVD and Blu-Ray releases for the series were pushed back in Japan, and when they returned the episodes had the replaced music rather than the broadcast music.

The whole thing about the last episode is later on that page:

Quote:Our buddies over at Kanzentai did some updating sleuthing and found that Happinet will indeed release what would have been the 98th episode of DragonBall Kai later this year on DVD and Blu-ray.

When the horrible earthquake and resulting tsunami hit Japan this past March, many TV shows were preempted with coverage. DragonBall Kai was no exception, and even though it was coming to an (early) end, its "final" episode was never aired — Toriko took its place the following week, and that was that.

Happinet has listed the episode as an "extra episode", and it will appear on the 15th individual DVD and fourth Blu-ray set of the "Jinzôningen & Cell arc" of DragonBall Kai due out on 02 August 2011.

This at least confirms the fate of the episode for the Japanese side of things — it remains to be seen how international dubs will incorporate the now "extra" episode into their production as a part of the regular series, or also as a bonus for a home release.

It should be noted that this episode is an "extra" on the DVD and Blu-Ray release and is not labeled as "Kai 98".