Dragon Ball Kai Thread of why does this exist? And Boo is apparently not in the manga

(Apr. 20, 2009  12:58 AM)Mr. Toto Wrote: It's because the censoring standards are higher than they were back in 87.

Yeah, I've also noticed that in the english episodes of DBZ they take out a LOT of the blood from the japanese versions. Shame, I prefered it with the blood added in, it looks more realistic imo.
Seeing episode 4 made the censoring on the wound bug me even more.

When Goku disappears to go to Other World, the ground has a big blood stain where he was.
If they censored the wound to have no blood (or even a hole), why did they leave in the blood stain?

the inconstancy bugs me more than the initial censorship.
(Apr. 28, 2009  9:50 PM)Crimson Wrote: Seeing episode 4 made the censoring on the wound bug me even more.

When Goku disappears to go to Other World, the ground has a big blood stain where he was.
If they censored the wound to have no blood (or even a hole), why did they leave in the blood stain?

the inconstancy bugs me more than the initial censorship.

That's strange. Maybe there's an uncensored version somewhere or something, and they just edited the parts they needed to for this version.

That or they're lazy... >.>
A source from one of the Toei animation studios has said they only animated the Makkensappo (or whatever it is called) scene once, without the blood. So that makes it hard to believe that an uncut version exists.

Also the inconsistancy is very much 1996 Ocean, and 1999 FUNi dubs.
Sorry to bring this back, but it's better than making a new topic. Right?
So, Funimation has confirmed that they will be dubbing Dragonball Kai and have renamed it Dragonball Z Kai. Most of the original cast will be returning, though some have been replaced.
Check these sites for details:
Kanzentai

Daizex

I'm pretty excited for this. I'm mainly a fan of the original Japanese version of Dragonball but I would love to see a more faithful dub of it as the dub of DBZ changed a lot of dialogue.
I gave up on Kai really early, and the only thing that could get me interested enough to buy it would be an Ocean dub reunion, which we obviously aren't getting.
(Apr. 05, 2009  1:45 AM)To Wrote: Definately loving DB Kai already. Once Blu-Rays are out in the NA I'm there day one.

I didn't realize I said this, oh well...
oh i love dragonball kai i am on episode 45 and its awsome
i look on wal mart . com and i search dbz and they had dragonball kai season 1 in engilsh you can buy online
So this'll be airing on Nicktoons Network in the US starting in May.
Yeah, really shocked when i heard that DB Kai would air on Nicktoons Network.
wait your kidding me so DB Kai and BMF is going to be on nicktoons network well i guess so nicktoons haven't have many shows(wolverine and the xmen and fantastic4, and ironman thats it)
(Mar. 13, 2010  12:10 PM)Ashari Wrote: wait your kidding me so DB Kai and BMF is going to be on nicktoons network well i guess so nicktoons haven't have many shows(wolverine and the xmen and fantastic4, and ironman thats it)
We currently do not know who will broadcast Beyblade Metal Fusion in the United States though.
(Mar. 12, 2010  2:09 PM)To Wrote: So this'll be airing on Nicktoons Network in the US starting in May.

Wow, more Anime in an already comic book-infested channel.

EDIT: I watch Nickelodeon a LOT more than Nicktoons Network, because NN is annoying on an awkward level, and N has better commercials (Like the HG/SS TV Spot 1, it was on a couple of days ago.), and the real-life shows Like iCarly, Drake and Josh, and... um... those two are pretty much the best real-life ones.
I already know you (Sonic) have horrible taste because you like Sonic, but you aren't doing yourself any favours by saying things like iCarly are better than Invader Zim. And really, commercials? Weak.
(Mar. 13, 2010  4:23 PM)To Wrote: P
I already know you (Sonic) have horrible taste because you like Sonic, but you aren't doing yourself any favours by saying things like iCarly are better than Invader Zim. And really, commercials? Weak.

Iceburn
So some episodes of the dub aired at some anime convention,
Wow, I am pretty excited for the dub, whereas the japanese version is completely uninteresting to me now.

Sean Schemmel (Goku) is singing the english version of Dragon Soul.

Piccolo says "Makankosappo" when using it on Goku/Radditz. No more "Special Beam Cannon"! Kienzan instead of Destructo Disc, etc.
Now, that might only be the uncut DVDs, the version that airs on Nicktoons/other channels will probably have dub terms instead.

I hear that we didn't get "Tenshinhan", but "Tien Shinhan" like the Dragon Ball dub used.
Sabat said that they would fix pronunciation of some terms (No more "Kay-Oh-Ken" it'll be "Kaio-Ken" like it was supposed to be) But terms like "Saiyan" which have been pronounced incorrectly for so long and have been ingrained into peoples minds as the wrong pronunciation will be left alone.

Plus the episode titles are more accurately translated from the japanese ones, and the dialogue is all written to be as close to the original as possible.

This is actually pretty exciting, for the first time in years we'll get a completely accurate English version of Dragon Ball that all fans can watch. No more discrepancies between what the original version says and what the dub says.

I'm a tad disappointed about Stephanie Naldolny not being kid Goku/Gohan anymore. I know a lot of people disliked her voice for them, but I'm so used to that voice as Gohan in the dub.
But Colleen Clinkenbeard does a great Luffy, and the reports from people who saw the dub episodes says she does a great Kid Goku for the flashback, and that Gohan sounds wonderful too.
It's cool that they're actually not half-assing the dub. Too bad it's for the biggest piece of half assed work that has had the DragonBall name stamped on it.
The series was just picked up on The CW4Kids in conjunction with the Nicktoons broadcast in the US. The series will have various preview events during the summer, but will premiere in the Fall 2010/Winter 2011 season.

Atleast I can watch the edited dub for free if I can find some rabbit ears, although I'll be months behind the Nicktoons broadcast.
Some people have gotten their orders in from RightStuf (a major online retailer for anime), and in the dub Vegeta doesn't say 9000, but the number he's actually supposed to. I'm impressed.
Ladies and gentlemen I am glad to report that it is still OVER 9000! Which is weird because online I found a clip of Chris Sabat saying over 8000.
The uncut dub says 8000.
(Jun. 13, 2010  12:46 AM)To Wrote: The uncut dub says 8000.

Alright, that explains it.
I'm not sure if there's a newer thread on Kai (there may have been, but search only directs me to this thread, and a closed Rooneyt thread), but it has just been announced that the last episode of Kai will air on March 27, episode 98. The Boo saga will not be adapted at all.

Why does this exist.
(Mar. 04, 2011  6:04 AM)To Wrote: I'm not sure if there's a newer thread on Kai (there may have been, but search only directs me to this thread, and a closed Rooneyt thread), but it has just been announced that the last episode of Kai will air on March 27, episode 98. The Boo saga will not be adapted at all.

Why does this exist.

Well that sucks. I really wanted to hear how different Goku sounds when he turns super sayian 3.
I don't see the point of not adding the Buu Saga... It wasn't filler or anything.