[Draft]  Ring - King

Quote:Description

Takara Tomy's King is a Left Spin Balance Type Ring that features five prominent blades that are raised at the back and five smaller blades in between that are slightly angled, creating a shape with moderate recoil. As part of the Superking Layer System, King is compatible with any Left Spin or Dual Spin Superking Chip and Chassis.

In theory, the bigger blades are meant to perform an Upper Attack and the smaller blades are supposed to parry attacks, but they don't really achieve that purpose very efficiently in practice. On the positive side, King has a thick underside that holds itself and the Superking Chip that's attached a bit higher than the Chassis, which exposes the teeth on the Chassis more, granting great Burst Resistance. Despite the intent of the contact points and high Burst Resistance, King has little use in competitive play, although it can be an interesting niche for Attack and Spin-Equalization Combinations.

King is designed to be used with the 1B Chassis in order to mimic Hell Salamander's gimmick of changing between 5 Bladed Mode for Attack and 10 Bladed Mode for Defense depending on the orientation of the Ring in relation to the Chassis. In practice, the two Modes have a negligible effect on the performance of the Combination, although the 5 Bladed Mode applies more Weight Distribution to the big blades on the King Ring, which can have a marginal effect on the Attack Potential of the combination.

Use in Mobile Attack Combinations

King can be put to use in the Mobile Attack Combination King Helios/Fafnir/Longinus/Diabolos Xtreme/Xtreme'/Variable/Variable'/Hunter/Hunter'/Destroy/Destroy'/Jolt/Jolt'/Dimension/Dimension'/Quick'/Xceed 1B/2S, or if one prefers to use a Single Chassis and Disk, King Helios/Fafnir/Longinus/Diabolos Sting/Blitz/Vanguard/Around/Wheel Xtreme/Xtreme'/Variable/Variable'/Hunter/Hunter'/Destroy/Destroy'/Jolt/Jolt'/Dimension/Dimension'/Quick'/Xceed 1S/1D. As a side note, a Double Chassis grants a combo a lot of extra Burst Resistance, so using Xtreme/Destroy/Jolt/Dimension/Xceed is still safe, but not optimal. On the other hand, a Single Chassis will make the combo generally easier to Burst, so using Xtreme/Destroy/Jolt/Dimension/Xceed over the Dash variants is not recommended.

Use in Spin-Equalization Combinations
King can be put to use in the Spin-Equalization Combination King Helios/Fafnir/Longinus/Diabolos Bearing/Xtend+/Rise 1B, or if one prefers to use a Single Chassis and Disk, King Helios/Fafnir/Longinus/Diabolos 0/00/Ratchet/Vanguard Wall Bearing/Rise 1S/1D or King Helios 0/00/Ωuter/Around/Wheel Xtend+. As a side note, 1B will increase the Burst Resistance of the Combination, but will also give it worse LAD.
Overall

Takara Tomy's King features a design intended for use in Attack and Defense Combinations, but its moderate recoil prevents it from excelling at either role aside from niche usage, especially when compared to top-tier Left Spin parts like Zwei and Master respectively. The only upside that King has over the aforementioned parts is that it's compatible with a Double Chassis, which can mitigate Burst Resistance and lower the center of gravity, but those parts don't necessarily have an issue with those two factors either.

As such, King is not a must have but is instead a welcome addition to a blader's collection.

Like I said in my Super Ring Draft thread, I don't have any experience writing wiki articles, so I'm using the articles that are on the wiki as an example of what I should mention. If you have any suggestions or corrections, let me know.
i was at a tounement and king helios 1s wheel xtend+ beat lord spriggan 00 cross xtend+ and got 4th overall
(Apr. 29, 2020  6:35 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
Quote:Description

Takara Tomy's King is a Left Spin Balance Type Ring that features five prominent blades that are raised at the back and five smaller blades in between that are slightly angled, creating a shape with moderate recoil. As part of the Superking Layer System, King is compatible with any Left Spin or Dual Spin Superking Chip and Chassis.

In theory, the bigger blades are meant to perform an Upper Attack and the smaller blades are supposed to parry attacks, but they don't really achieve that purpose very efficiently in practice. On the positive side, King has a thick underside that holds itself and the Superking Chip that's attached a bit higher than the Chassis, which exposes the teeth on the Chassis more, granting great Burst Resistance. Despite the intent of the contact points and high Burst Resistance, King has little use in competitive play, although it can be an interesting niche for Attack and Spin-Equalization Combinations.

King is designed to be used with the 1B Chassis in order to mimic Hell Salamander's gimmick of changing between 5 Bladed Mode for Attack and 10 Bladed Mode for Defense depending on the orientation of the Ring in relation to the Chassis. In practice, the two Modes have a negligible effect on the performance of the Combination, although the 5 Bladed Mode applies more Weight Distribution to the big blades on the King Ring, which can have a marginal effect on the Attack Potential of the combination.

Use in Mobile Attack Combinations

King can be put to use in the Mobile Attack Combination King Helios/Fafnir/Longinus/Diabolos Xtreme/Xtreme'/Variable/Variable'/Hunter/Hunter'/Destroy/Destroy'/Jolt/Jolt'/Dimension/Dimension'/Quick'/Xceed 1B/2S, or if one prefers to use a Single Chassis and Disk, King Helios/Fafnir/Longinus/Diabolos Sting/Blitz/Vanguard/Around/Wheel Xtreme/Xtreme'/Variable/Variable'/Hunter/Hunter'/Destroy/Destroy'/Jolt/Jolt'/Dimension/Dimension'/Quick'/Xceed 1S/1D. As a side note, a Double Chassis grants a combo a lot of extra Burst Resistance, so using Xtreme/Destroy/Jolt/Dimension/Xceed is still safe, but not optimal. On the other hand, a Single Chassis will make the combo generally easier to Burst, so using Xtreme/Destroy/Jolt/Dimension/Xceed over the Dash variants is not recommended.

Use in Spin-Equalization Combinations
King can be put to use in the Spin-Equalization Combination King Helios/Fafnir/Longinus/Diabolos Bearing/Xtend+/Rise 1B, or if one prefers to use a Single Chassis and Disk, King Helios/Fafnir/Longinus/Diabolos 0/00/Ratchet/Vanguard Wall Bearing/Rise 1S/1D or King Helios 0/00/Ωuter/Around/Wheel Xtend+. As a side note, 1B will increase the Burst Resistance of the Combination, but will also give it worse LAD.
Overall

Takara Tomy's King features a design intended for use in Attack and Defense Combinations, but its moderate recoil prevents it from excelling at either role aside from niche usage, especially when compared to top-tier Left Spin parts like Zwei and Master respectively. The only upside that King has over the aforementioned parts is that it's compatible with a Double Chassis, which can mitigate Burst Resistance and lower the center of gravity, but those parts don't necessarily have an issue with those two factors either.

As such, King is not a must have but is instead a welcome addition to a blader's collection.

Like I said in my Super Ring Draft thread, I don't have any experience writing wiki articles, so I'm using the articles that are on the wiki as an example of what I should mention. If you have any suggestions or corrections, let me know.

TT initially wanted king helios to be a balance ring that has attack and defense. Its 5 wings are pretty compact to each other like alter chronos, but the wings are upper wings. on the books, it sounds great, but in a bey battle, not enough attack power to knockout opponents when you need, and not enough defense capabilities to stand its ground against Rage. In my opinion, this is the least useful sparking ring for tournaments
(Mar. 18, 2021  4:18 AM)El Diablo Wrote:
(Apr. 29, 2020  6:35 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: Like I said in my Super Ring Draft thread, I don't have any experience writing wiki articles, so I'm using the articles that are on the wiki as an example of what I should mention. If you have any suggestions or corrections, let me know.

TT initially wanted king helios to be a balance ring that has attack and defense. Its 5 wings are pretty compact to each other like alter chronos, but the wings are upper wings. on the books, it sounds great, but in a bey battle, not enough attack power to knockout opponents when you need, and not enough defense capabilities to stand its ground against Rage. In my opinion, this is the least useful sparking ring for tournaments

I agree. King could be useful against stamina combos though, as it has enough attack to grant it a knock-out, but also has an ok defense to prevent sudden attacks from stamina combos.