[Draft]  Ring - First

Quote:Description

Takara Tomy's First is a Right Spin Attack Type Ring that features six blades (a big blade and a medium blade molded together on each side followed by a small blade) that are angled downwards, creating a high recoil shape. Its shape is almost identical to that of Super, except with angular contact points rather than round ones to slightly increase its Smash Attack power, less support beams on the underside to slightly reduce its weight, and different shapes for the divots on top of the blades where the stickers go. As part of the Superking Layer System, First is compatible with any Right Spin or Dual Spin Superking Chip and Chassis.

The angled contact points improve its Upper Attack Potential by allowing it to knock the opponent's Layer upwards when colliding, which increases the chances of it knocking out the opponent. To withstand the force of its own attacks, the First Ring has a thick underside that holds itself and the Superking Chip that's attached a bit higher than the Chassis, which exposes the teeth on the Chassis appropriately, granting great Burst Resistance. Due to the good shape and high Burst Resistance, First performs well in Attack Combinations.

The contact points on the First Ring are aggressive, so it may be liable to chipping and denting. If one is fearful of possible performance changes or simply dislikes the damaged appearance, they may want to own multiple copies of this Ring.

First is very similar in design to Super, which is designed to line up well with the 1A Chassis, which further increases its Attack Potential and Burst Resistance. However, the 2A Chassis allows it to deliver stronger attacks due to the large rubber blades sticking out and increases the combination's overall LAD by a lot.

Use in Attack Combinations

First can be put to use in the Attack Combination First Hyperion/Ragnaruk/Valkyrie/Satan/Σolomon/Uranus/Lucifer/Diabolos Xtreme/Xtreme'/Variable/Variable'/Hunter/Hunter'/Destroy/Destroy'/Jolt/Jolt'/Quick'/Xceed 1A/2A, or if one prefers to use a Single Chassis and Disk, First Hyperion/Ragnaruk/Valkyrie/Satan/Σolomon/Uranus/Lucifer/Diabolos Sting/Blitz/Vanguard/Around/Wheel Xtreme/Xtreme'/Variable/Variable'/Hunter/Hunter'/Destroy/Destroy'/Jolt/Jolt'/Quick'/Xceed 1S/1D. As a side note, a Double Chassis grants a combo a lot of extra Burst Resistance, so using Xtreme/Destroy/Jolt/Xceed is still safe, but not optimal. On the other hand, a Single Chassis will make the combo generally easier to Burst, so using Xtreme/Destroy/Jolt/Xceed over the Dash variants is not recommended.

Overall

Takara Tomy's First features an aggressive design that serves as a middle ground between Smash Attack and Upper Attack with great Burst Resistance, akin to a slightly more aggressive Super. Although these features don't make it as strong as Judgement or Rage, it doesn't wear down as quickly and still has comparable KO Attack, so both Layers can coexist in the competitive scene.

As such, First is a must-have for competitive Bladers.

This is basically just copied and pasted from my draft of Super, except changing every instance of "Super" for "First" and a couple of comparisons to Super.
First is a better attack ring then super
(Jul. 26, 2020  8:00 PM)ShaDowTr3x Wrote: First is a better attack ring then super

It seems to be that way, but only slightly better because the shapes are almost identical.
(Jul. 26, 2020  8:05 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Jul. 26, 2020  8:00 PM)ShaDowTr3x Wrote: First is a better attack ring then super

It seems to be that way, but only slightly better because the shapes are almost identical.
But it’s weird because super actually weighs more then first but firsts better
(Jul. 26, 2020  8:09 PM)ShaDowTr3x Wrote:
(Jul. 26, 2020  8:05 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: It seems to be that way, but only slightly better because the shapes are almost identical.
But it’s weird because super actually weighs more then first but firsts better

Such a slight weight difference doesn't matter as much as fine-tuning the contact points.
(Jul. 26, 2020  8:16 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Jul. 26, 2020  8:09 PM)ShaDowTr3x Wrote: But it’s weird because super actually weighs more then first but firsts better

Such a slight weight difference doesn't matter as much as fine-tuning the contact points.

Yeah very true
Not sure what it is, but sometimes when I see the first ring get hit, it equalizes spin. I’m not sure how to explain it but there are instances of the first base getting hit when it’s at low stamina, and it gains it back. Not sure if I were to put this in first Uranus testing thread or here. Much rather haveit here
(Jul. 30, 2020  3:50 AM)JavariTheChamp Wrote: Not sure what it is, but sometimes when I see the first ring get hit, it equalizes spin. I’m not sure how to explain it but there are instances of the first base getting hit when it’s at low stamina, and it gains it back. Not sure if I were to put this in first Uranus testing thread or here. Much rather haveit here

If you mean in opposite-spin battles, it's not rare to see Right Spin Beys take advantage of Spin Equalization. If you mean in Same-Spin battles, that's very odd and goes against physics, but it might be an optical illusion. Maybe it's wobbling a lot and just gets knocked upright again?
I do like First a lot, but I'm a little mixed on it. It functions well as a stamina type and an attack type, but it doesn't seem to really take up the mantle of either. Super is without a doubt better at stamina than attack, while First seems to hinge a little more on the attack side while still maintaining stamina. It's hard to determine which is better, but honestly I am probably leaning a little more towards Super. As a stamina type, Super is excellent. As an attack type, First is only OK. He doesn't really overtake Judgment so its uses come off as a tad limited for right spin attack. It can obviously make due with attacking, but if you chose it as your primary attacker over Judgment you've effectively nerfed yourself.
First's real issue when compared to Super is also its greatest strength, its hitting power. If you do the same combo - Super Hyperion 2A Xtend+ and First Hyperion 2A Xtend+, both of them will beat left spin attackers rather easily, yet First risks knocking itself out more. It's not just a little bit of a risk either, it's a vast difference when compared against Super. First also has a chance to knock the opponent out, but it feels like you're taking a gamble when you could have gone the safer route with Super.
I do think First has a place in the meta but I'm not expecting it to take off as the next premier right attacker, even if our choices are limited there. It doesn't survive as long as Super, it risks KOing itself from high recoil hits, and it doesn't strike with the intensity of Judgment, but it's still a good bey.
(Jul. 31, 2020  11:34 PM)Mr. Palazzo Wrote:

Honestly, I can barely even tell a difference between First and Super's performance. Also, what's this about Stamina usage? They have too much recoil to be used for Stamina, although they can both use Xtend+ and 3A for opposite Spin battles, which Brave, Glide, and Curse are better with. They can both make use of the exact same combos and perform almost identically, albeit with a tad more aggression with First. Put them on a setup like Super/First Lucifer Destroy'/Quick'/Xtreme' 2A, and you will see that they definitely belong on mobile Drivers and act very similarly.
When you light launch against opposite spin beyblades, Super's recoil is reduced dramatically. It honestly feels like a counter to Rage. I feel like Brave is just sort of there, Glide bursts too easily even with a double chassis, and Curse is sort of bad all around.
I don't really play on rubber drivers because they wear down too quick for how much I play, so I typically don't even explore them as options. I could see how people get poor ideas about these beys having too much recoil though when played as mobile attackers. Just because a bey can do something doesn't mean it can't do something else as well, which is the true beauty of Super. It sits directly in the middle of stamina and attack. First leans more into the attack side, which I do feel hinders its overall abilities because of the self recoil.