[Draft]  Frame - Turn

Quote:==Description==
Turn is a thick, eight bladed Frame. The Frame's thickness is meant to accommodate Turn's gimmick; the Frame can be flipped to reverse the blades for an "Attack Mode" and "Defense Mode", akin to Metal Fight Beyblade's S145 Track.

In Attack Mode, the blades face the same direction as the combination's spin; clockwise for right spin, counter clockwise for left spin, so as to increase Burst Attack during Disc-to-Layer contact. In Defense Mode, the blades face the opposite direction of the combination's spin; counterclockwise for right spin, clockwise for left spin, so as to parry attacks dueing Disc-to-Layer contact. In both cases however, due to most Burst Performance Tips being of the same or very similar heights, such contact is rare.

Despite the ineffective gimmick, Turn's thickness makes it one of the heaviest Frames at the time of writing, heavier than Bump, which grants high Attack and Defense potential when paired with Core Discs such as 0, 10 or 7.

==Overall==
Turn's ability to add weight to combinations makes it a key part in many Attack and Defense Combinations. Furthermore, Turn is not as tall as Lift and so does not posses the same scrape risk.

As such, Turn is a must have for competitive bladers

It's basically a better Lift
Is there any LAD potential on the eight-bladed mode? Also, I personally think this draft can pass. We have statements and we can come to a fairly unanimous conclusion with this...
(Nov. 10, 2018  4:22 AM)ThePheonix Wrote: Is there any LAD potential on the eight-bladed mode? Also, I personally think this draft can pass. We have statements and we can come to a fairly unanimous conclusion with this...
The Turn frame has 16 little pegs/studs (8 on each side) that prevent any LAD from happening. Also, something to note in general, is that it severely hinders the potential of a sliding shot, since the pegs scrape way too much if the Bey is not straight up.

However, it is very good with Atomic and Bearing.
(Nov. 10, 2018  4:29 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Nov. 10, 2018  4:22 AM)ThePheonix Wrote: Is there any LAD potential on the eight-bladed mode? Also, I personally think this draft can pass. We have statements and we can come to a fairly unanimous conclusion with this...
The Turn frame has 16 little pegs/studs (8 on each side) that prevent any LAD from happening. Also, something to note in general, is that it severely hinders the potential of a sliding shot, since the pegs scrape way too much if the Bey is not straight up.

Copy. I thought It'll create more surface area. Quite the opposite really.
(Nov. 10, 2018  4:29 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:

I have seen videos of Dead Hades with the Turn Frame, it's big but not nearly that big. For it to scrape like that you must really not know how to launch properly
(Nov. 10, 2018  4:34 AM)ThePheonix Wrote:
(Nov. 10, 2018  4:29 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: The Turn frame has 16 little pegs/studs (8 on each side) that prevent any LAD from happening. Also, something to note in general, is that it severely hinders the potential of a sliding shot, since the pegs scrape way too much if the Bey is not straight up.

Copy. I thought It'll create more surface area. Quite the opposite really.

Another cool but likely tribial thing about Turn and Lift is that they can both scrape to undo Burst damage on combos with weak burst resistance.

(Nov. 10, 2018  4:36 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Nov. 10, 2018  4:29 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: The Turn frame has 16 little pegs/studs (8 on each side) that prevent any LAD from happening. Also, something to note in general, is that it severely hinders the potential of a sliding shot, since the pegs scrape way too much if the Bey is not straight up.

I have seen videos of Dead Hades with the Turn Frame, it's big but not nearly that big. For it to scrape like that you must really not know how to launch properly

When I use the stock Dead Hades combo, it's sort of finnicky, because the frame scrapes with a sliding shot, but not with a bank shot. Personally, I think stock dH is best as a Tornado Staller.
(Nov. 10, 2018  4:38 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Nov. 10, 2018  4:34 AM)ThePheonix Wrote: Copy. I thought It'll create more surface area. Quite the opposite really.

Another cool but likely tribial thing about Turn and Lift is that they can both scrape to undo Burst damage on combos with weak burst resistance.

(Nov. 10, 2018  4:36 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: I have seen videos of Dead Hades with the Turn Frame, it's big but not nearly that big. For it to scrape like that you must really not know how to launch properly

When I use the stock Dead Hades combo, it's sort of finnicky, because the frame scrapes with a sliding shot, but not with a bank shot. Personally, I think stock dH is best as a Tornado Staller.

There is no difference between a "sliding shot" and "banking shot", they're both just angled launches. Unless you're doing something crazy like swinging your launcher it's not gonna scrape
(Nov. 10, 2018  4:44 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Nov. 10, 2018  4:38 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: Another cool but likely tribial thing about Turn and Lift is that they can both scrape to undo Burst damage on combos with weak burst resistance.

There is no difference between a "sliding shot" and "banking shot", they're both just angled launches. Unless you're doing something crazy like swinging your launcher it's not gonna scrape
Sliding shot is when you angle your launcher and move your launcher forward while you launch. Banking shot is stationary.
(Nov. 10, 2018  4:44 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Nov. 10, 2018  4:38 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: Another cool but likely tribial thing about Turn and Lift is that they can both scrape to undo Burst damage on combos with weak burst resistance.

There is no difference between a "sliding shot" and "banking shot", they're both just angled launches. Unless you're doing something crazy like swinging your launcher it's not gonna scrape. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Not the most competitive blader to exist...

I think the Sliding Shot is giving it forward momentum before changing course to an In-Out or Flower pattern and Banking is just giving a tilt to immediately charge for a Rush launch/flower pattern
(Nov. 10, 2018  4:49 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Nov. 10, 2018  4:44 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: There is no difference between a "sliding shot" and "banking shot", they're both just angled launches. Unless you're doing something crazy like swinging your launcher it's not gonna scrape
Sliding shot is when you angle your launcher and move your launcher forward while you launch. Banking shot is stationary.

Then the so called "sliding shoot" is just excess noise. Moving your had gives you no advantages, no greater spin speeds and only gives you a greater chance of messing up
(Nov. 10, 2018  4:51 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Nov. 10, 2018  4:49 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: Sliding shot is when you angle your launcher and move your launcher forward while you launch. Banking shot is stationary.

Then the so called "sliding shoot" is just excess noise. Moving your had gives you no advantages, no greater spin speeds and only gives you a greater chance of messing up

It's an actual technique that can get you into a the other side of the stadium after a launch, and can make you launch stronger in some cases. Nonetheless, the Turn frame needs a stable launch with only a slight angle to do its best work.
(Nov. 10, 2018  4:55 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Nov. 10, 2018  4:51 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Then the so called "sliding shoot" is just excess noise. Moving your had gives you no advantages, no greater spin speeds and only gives you a greater chance of messing up

It's an actual technique that can get you into a the other side of the stadium after a launch, and can make you launch stronger in some cases. Nonetheless, the Turn frame needs a stable launch with only a slight angle to do its best work.

All I can see is either sending the Beybalde into a wall or directly into the pocket if you're positioned badly enough. Again, no real advantages.
(Nov. 10, 2018  4:56 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Nov. 10, 2018  4:55 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: It's an actual technique that can get you into a the other side of the stadium after a launch, and can make you launch stronger in some cases. Nonetheless, the Turn frame needs a stable launch with only a slight angle to do its best work.

All I can see is either sending the Beybalde into a wall or directly into the pocket if you're positioned badly enough. Again, no real advantages.

I like experimenting with different launch styles, and have found that moving the launcher during a launch can actually be a useful strategy, especially with Plastic Drivers, but if you don't see any benefit, that's fine with me. To each his own, I guess.
I knew this frame would have some value! I saw Leo Burst’s video where it battled against the Muso stadium, and when it scraped, you could tell Dead Hades was actually picking up speed!
there's a mistake it's "SW145" instead of "S145" Smile
(Nov. 10, 2018  4:56 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Nov. 10, 2018  4:55 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: It's an actual technique that can get you into a the other side of the stadium after a launch, and can make you launch stronger in some cases. Nonetheless, the Turn frame needs a stable launch with only a slight angle to do its best work.

Actually, if done correctly with the correct driver. Like zephyr, trans, and even xtreme, a sliding shoot will greatly increase the chance of the beyblade moving in a flower attack pattern which are very valuable when battling defence and stamina types
While you’ve been silent about the difference between Sliding Shoots and Banking Shots (Which I think all Sliding Shoot does is skip the rev time your beyblade needs to pick up speed), the Turn Frame is positioned slightly low to the ground to give it more exposure, at the cost of scraping risk, because of the scraping risk, attack type performance tips may eventually tilt too low to the ground and fall like that, while stamina and Defense tips work to keep the bey above the ground a bit. Even then, if one is looking to go for attack, the Zephyr’ driver does look like an optimal balance type for stamina/attack launches.

Turn is a reversible frame with eight sloped blades with points at the ends on one side, which one can reverse the frame to be equipped in two different modes, attack and Defense mode. It’s basically a balance type frame.
Attack mode has the points of the frame being more exposed towards the point of contact, allowing it to deal damage of such a beyblade were to hit it, especially with its frame, but due to the nature of frames, such contact is rare at times. Because the spikes are pointing towards the beyblade, the are also pointing towards the stadium floor top, which will cause the beyblade, which may have been forced to go unbalanced, to skip across the stadium and lose stamina, as such, this mode may not be that useful depending on the beyblade.
Defense mode has the eight blades with the points backwards, having sloped blades instead, which can push off a beyblade’s attack if such a beyblade can do so. However, once again, such contact is rare at times. Because the slopes which are pointing towards the beyblade are pointing towards the stadium floor, being forcibly destabilised will cause the turn frame to skid rather than skip due to the smoothness of the sloped blades, making it a safer choice for beyblade combinations. Problem is, there are hex bolts facing down too, giving more scrapes than slides.

While Defense mode has a safer advantage compared to attack mode, it is also heavy too, making it a good choice for attack combinations if you want to risk the scraping and lose stamina. While that is a thing, Wall is another thing, being the heaviest frame there is (I think).

Because of Wall, Turn is ___
Would Cho Z Spriggan 0 turn eternal be a good combo and incorporate turn effectively?
Don't ask questions about a part in the wiki draft discussion thread. Ask in random thoughts or Build me a combo.

And no, not especially. Other frames have better LAD. The precession is good, but it's not really great for opposite spin, has more scrape too.

Try lift or wall? Turn as a last resort.
Does this edited description work?

==Description==
Turn is a thick, eight bladed Frame. The Frame's thickness is meant to accommodate Turn's gimmick; the Frame can be flipped to reverse the blades for an "Attack Mode" and "Defense Mode", akin to Metal Fight Beyblade's SW145 Track.

In Attack Mode, the points of the frame face the same direction as the combination's spin; clockwise for right spin, counter clockwise for left spin, so as to increase Burst Attack during Disc-to-Layer contact. In Defense Mode, the points face the opposite direction of the combination's spin; counterclockwise for right spin, clockwise for left spin, so as to parry attacks during Disc-to-Layer contact. In both cases however, due to most Burst Performance Tips being of the same or very similar heights, such contact is rare.

Turn's thickness makes it one of the heaviest Frames at the time of writing, heavier than Bump, which grants high Attack and Defense potential when paired with Core Discs such as 0, 10 or 7. However, each of the eight blades possess two bumps, one on each side. These bumps are a severe scrape and Stamina risk, making it difficult to achieve banking patterns. The bumps also inhibit Life-After-Death, further exacerbating the Stamina issue.

==Overall==
Turn has issues very similar to Lift. Despite the good weight (which is still lighter than Wall), it's gimmick is ineffective and it possesses a huge scraping risk that prevents it from being used effectively in most cases.

As such, Turn is recommended for collection purposes only