[Draft]  Energy Layer - Orb Egis

==Description==
Orb Egis is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System as well as the Super-Z Layer System. It debuted with the release of the B-128 Super-Z Customize Set on November 17th, 2018.

==Description
Orb Egis is a Defense Type Energy Layer that depicts the head of a gorgon on its center; this is meant to depict its namesake, the shield Aegis from Greek mythology. The layer itself is roughly octagonal, with most of the perimeter sloping downwards, with the exception of two sections perpendicular to the center of the layer.

As part of the Super-Z Layer System, Orb Egis features metal in its design. In this case the metal is found in two balls parallel to the center of the layer, as well as two segments of metal lining the launcher slots. The inclusion of metal makes this Layer heavier than most God/Switch-Strike Layers. Orb Egis also features a gimmick; the metal balls found in the layer are free-spinning.

In theory, the free-spinning movement of the balls can deflect attacks and reduce the force behind impacts the layer receives. In practice however, the balls are too small to be of any use, and are too low friction for the gimmick to work as intended. While this may seem like the gimmick creates recoil, the balls are set into the layer rather than being noteworthy protrusions like the rollers on Kreis Satan, rendering recoil from this gimmick negligible.

Additionally, while Orb Egis' rough perimeter may create recoil its shape lends well to deflecting attacks, especially on a shorter Driver such as Eternal. In theory, this allows it to destabilize opponents as well. However, the risk of disk-to-layer contact is also present. Thankfully, the Takara Tomy release of the layer boasts medium height teeth slightly shorter than that of Archer Hercules, making up for any Burst risk that is present.

Like many Super-Z Layers, Orb Egis is unbalanced, which increases Burst risk and drains Stamina. However, these issues can be solved with the use of a Level Chip that fits underneath the layer.

==Use in Defense Customizations==
Orb Egis can be put to use in the in the Defense customization Orb Egis 4/5/7/10 Cross/Star/Glaive/Proof Revolve/Atomic/Eternal/Xtend+. The Stamina of Orb Egis is bolstered by the Stamina of the 4/5/7/10 Cross/Glaive/Star/Proof Disc and the Stamina and Life-After-Death of the Revolve/Eternal/Xtend+/Atomic Tip while the combination is given Knock-Out resistance by the heavy weight of 4/5/7/10 and the ball tip of Atomic. The shape of Orb Egis helps mitigate Burst risk and minimizes recoil.

==Overall==
While Orb Egis boasts less weight and stamina than layers such as Hell Salamander or Archer Hercules, its weight and low-recoil design allow it to be used in place of Archer Hercules or Crash Ragnaruk if one does not own the aforementioned layers.

As such, Orb Egis is a welcome addition to any blader's collection.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
  • BG-10 Random Layer Collection 10 (turquoise, translucent green)

• B-128 Cho-Z Customize Set (turquoise, translucent blue, silver)

I don't know how to write this thing.
OrB Egis is as Good As aH according to me. It can be optional addition beside aH. I have to attempt so many Drivers tommorow, Guess will make my Verizon of this driver
(Dec. 31, 2018  4:25 PM)Geardini1846 Wrote: - Description -
Orb Egis is a octagonal shape layer designed for defense. It includes the metal balls, and a large head in the centre of the layer.
Like any other Cho-Z it includes metal. In this case around its perimeter. The head in the center of the layer represents Gorgone - The mythical creature with a lot of heads, that turns everything into stone. The layer has a gimmick: The metal balls can rotate. In theory, the layer that comes into the contact with them, would create recoil that would be deflect by metal balls. In practice, however, the balls are too small to create any significant effect. Instead, it can worsen the recoil. And, due to the high positioning of the balls, the contact is rare. So the gimmick does not work as intendent. Due to the position of the metal on the layer, it has a great stamina distribution. However, the weight of the layer is a bit smaller than other Cho-Z layers, decreasing its stamina potential. The octagonal shape of the Layer creates some recoil, that the Medium teeth of the Takara Tomy can or cannot compensate. And that, combined with the intrusive gimmick, makes this layer not competetive in today's metagame. Instead, it's a good addition to any bladers collection.
- As such, Orb Egis is a welcome addition to any bladers collection. -

It is still good ( Thumps up !! ) 

I Think oE is good in terms of defence in current meta ( oE.0.Atomic ) , but nobody tries to use it
(Dec. 31, 2018  6:45 PM)GOD CHIPS Wrote:
(Dec. 31, 2018  4:25 PM)Geardini1846 Wrote: - Description -
Orb Egis is a octagonal shape layer designed for defense. It includes the metal balls, and a large head in the centre of the layer.

Like any other Cho-Z it includes metal. In this case around its perimeter. The head in the center of the layer represents Gorgone - The mythical creature with a lot of heads, that turns everything into stone. The layer has a gimmick: The metal balls can rotate. In theory, the layer that comes into the contact with them, would create recoil that would be deflect by metal balls. In practice, however, the balls are too small to create any significant effect. Instead, it can worsen the recoil. And, due to the high positioning of the balls, the contact is rare. So the gimmick does not work as intendent. Due to the position of the metal on the layer, it has a great stamina distribution. However, the weight of the layer is a bit smaller than other Cho-Z layers, decreasing its stamina potential. The octagonal shape of the Layer creates some recoil, that the Medium teeth of the Takara Tomy can or cannot compensate. And that, combined with the intrusive gimmick, makes this layer not competetive in today's metagame. Instead, it's a good addition to any bladers collection.

- As such, Orb Egis is a welcome addition to any bladers collection. -

It is still good ( Thumps up !! ) 

I Think oE is good in terms of defence in current meta ( oE.0.Atomic ) , but nobody tries to use it

K. I actually have the layer. It IS good for defense, but not as competetive as I thought.
Actually the head more represents Zeus’s sheild, the Agis
(Jan. 02, 2019  7:01 AM)Hipsty Wrote: Actually the head more represents Zeus’s sheild, the Agis

The shield Aegis/Egis has the head of a Gorgon, sometimes thought to be Medusa herself. The center of the Bey shows a portrayal of a Gorgon, which is what the description part refers to.
Egis doesn't have nearly as much recoil as the balls make it seem. Don't forget that the layer slopes downwards for the most part, reducing recoil when on a lower driver. The metal ball's are also less pronounced than the rollers on Satomb, meaning that (especially with their lower friction) they won't have much effect on recoil. I've used oE.7.Et so far and it stands up pretty well to CZ-V.0B.X. Unless the combo is launched hard or the opponent one-shots the oE combo, it's pretty hard to get oE past two clicks; you may get three if you're lucky.

I've been able to burst oE with the aforementioned CZ-V combo, but then again, my newer aH layer has been bursted far more frequently than my old one and the oE layer. (both aH are B-115 releases, not RBV12). This is using aH.7C.Xt+, which still survives better than aH.7.Et for me. It seems that CZ-V is just superior to wV, as I've had the same experience with wV against both aH layers, but CZ-V is far more likely to beat aH. Egis' shape helps it a good bit on Eternal, but I am unsure how it does on Xtend+, Revolve, Atomic, etc.

Quote:==Description==
Orb Egis is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System as well as the Super-Z Layer System. It debuted with the release of the B-128 Super-Z Customize Set on November 17th, 2018.

==Description
Orb Egis is a Defense Type Energy Layer that depicts the head of a gorgon on its center; this is meant to depict its namesake, the shield Aegis from Greek mythology. The layer itself is roughly octagonal, with most of the perimeter sloping downwards, with the exception of two sections perpendicular to the center of the layer.

As part of the Super-Z Layer System, Orb Egis features metal in its design. In this case the metal is found in two balls parallel to the center of the layer, as well as two segments of metal lining the launcher slots. The inclusion of metal makes this Layer heavier than most God/Switch-Strike Layers. Orb Egis also features a gimmick; the metal balls found in the layer are free-spinning.

In theory, the free-spinning movement of the balls can deflect attacks and reduce the force behind impacts the layer receives. In practice however, the balls are too small to be of any use, and are too low friction for the gimmick to work as intended. While this may seem like the gimmick creates recoil, the balls are set into the layer rather than being noteworthy protrusions like the rollers on Kreis Satan, rendering recoil from this gimmick negligible.

Additionally, while Orb Egis' rough perimeter may create recoil its shape lends well to deflecting attacks, especially on a shorter Driver such as Eternal. In theory, this allows it to destabilize opponents as well. However, the risk of disk-to-layer contact is also present. Thankfully, the Takara Tomy release of the layer boasts medium height teeth slightly shorter than that of Archer Hercules, making up for any Burst risk that is present.

Like many Super-Z Layers, Orb Egis is unbalanced, which increases Burst risk and drains Stamina. However, these issues can be solved with the use of a Level Chip that fits underneath the layer.

==Use in Defense Customizations==
Orb Egis can be put to use in the in the Defense customization Orb Egis 4/5/7/10 Cross/Star/Glaive/Proof Revolve/Atomic/Eternal/Xtend+. The Stamina of Orb Egis is bolstered by the Stamina of the 4/5/7/10 Cross/Glaive/Star/Proof Disc and the Stamina and Life-After-Death of the Revolve/Eternal/Xtend+/Atomic Tip while the combination is given Knock-Out resistance by the heavy weight of 4/5/7/10 and the ball tip of Atomic. The shape of Orb Egis helps mitigate Burst risk and minimizes recoil.

==Overall==
While Orb Egis boasts less weight and stamina than layers such as Hell Salamander or Archer Hercules, its weight and low-recoil design allow it to be used in place of Archer Hercules or Crash Ragnaruk if one does not own the aforementioned layers.

As such, Orb Egis is a welcome addition to any blader's collection.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
  • BG-10 Random Layer Collection 10 (turquoise, translucent green)
  • B-128 Cho-Z Customize Set (turquoise, translucent blue, silver)
The draft is actually really good. However, I'd bump it down to "equal to Emperor Forneus". Remember, even on a lower Driver, Attack Types are launched at an angle, so they'll strike the large gaps anyway.
Quote:==Description==
Orb Egis is Defense Type Energy Layer that features face on center, meant to represent the Layer's namesake; the Aegis from Greek mythology. As part of the Super-Z Layer System, Orb Egis features metal in its design; on both side is metal arches, up and down is balls, which makes Orb Egis heavier than most God/Switch-Strike Layers. Orb Egis also feature gimmicks; the balls on the layer can spin.

In theory, the free-spinning movement of the balls can deflect attacks and reduce the force behind impacts the layer receives. In practice however, the balls are too small to be of any use, and are too low friction for the gimmick to work as intended. And also balls is not have contact to opponent Layer (like kS) which makes the balls meaningless.

Orb Egis have 4 bigger blades and 4 smaller blades, what make Layer's attack and defense ability better. Additionally, larger blades have balls; up and down is metal balls, but on both side balls is plastic. And Orb Egis perimeter may create recoil. However, the risk of disk-to-layer contact is also present.

Like many Cho-Z Layers, Orb Egis is unbalanced, which increases Burst risk and drains Stamina. However, these issues can be solved with the use of a Level Chip that fits underneath the layer.

==Using in Defense Combinations==
Orb Egis can be used in Defense Combinations Orb Egis 0/00/4/5/7 Wall/Cross/Star/Glaive/Proof Resolve/Bearing/Eternal/Xtend+. Heavy Disk and Disk Frame combination increase combination Stamina; drivers help to create high KO resistance. Orb Egis shape minimize Burst risk and recoil.
@[Dragunix], I make little update Smile.