[Draft]  Energy Layer - Bloody Longinus

Quote:==Description==
Bloody Longinus is a wide and heavy Energy Layer designed for Left Spin Attack that features five dragon heads, representing the anime's rendition of this Layer's beast, a dragon, one in the center of the Layer and four that line each of the wings that make up the points of contact, creating a diamond and thus aggressive and high recoil design. The snouts of the dragons and the tip of each wing are molded into the shape of spear heads which are meant to represent this Layer's Japanese namesake, the Roman Soldier Longinus of Christian Mythology who stabbed Christ with a lance.

As part of the Super-Z Layer System and like previous Longinus Layers, Bloody Longinus features metal in its design; in this case, each of the outer dragon heads are made of metal. The inclusion of metal makes Bloody Longinus one of the heavier Layers in the game.

The heavy weight of the metal dragon heads generates high inertia which increases the Layer's Knock-Out and Burst potential. While the left-spin nature of Bloody Longinus may imply that Burst Attack is only prevalent against other left-spin opponents, this Layer still has strong Burst Attack against right-spin opponents when moderate launched. Against a right-spin Beyblade, the left-spinning nature of Bloody Longinus means that it and the opponent's Layer will spin together like gears if they are of similar spin speed which heavily reduces recoil and rate of Bursts. However, if Bloody Longinus is launched at a different spin speed than that of the opponent, the difference will create recoil from the opponent's Layer catching into Bloody Longinus' wings, which grants this Layer Burst Attack and further improves Knock-Out Attack. Furthermore, Bloody Longinus is very wide which increases its Attack range and allows greater room for error in Banking Patterns. While the opposite spin allows for some degree of Spin Equalization, it is not to the degree of Drain Fafnir or Spriggan Requiem.

Like many other Super-Z Layers, Bloody Longinus is unbalanced which increases Burst risk, is liable to break Banking Patterns and drains Stamina. However, these issues can be solved with the use of a Level Chip that fits underneath the Layer.

==Use In Attack Combinations==
Bloody Longinus can be put to use in the Attack Combination Bloody Longinus 0/2/4/5/7 Bump/Meteor Jolt/Xtreme/Variable (Worn). The heavy weight of Bloody Longinus 0/2/4/5/7 Bump/Meteor creates high Burst and Knock-Out potential while Jolt/Xtreme/Variable (Worn) grants aggressive movement and speed even when moderate launched which further bolsters Burst Attack. While the use of high friction Tips and heavy Discs can increase Burst risk, the heavy weight of Bloody Longinus can compensate.

==Overall==
Bloody Longinus' heavy weight, Knock-Out and Burst potential makes it the best Left-Spin Attack Layer in the metagame at the time of writing and its ability to accommodate Discs gives it greater versatility and greater overall combination weight than its predecessor Nightmare Longinus.

As such, Bloody Longinus is a must have for competitive bladers.

Do not believe this draft to be accurate. This is just speculation based on the performance of previous Longinus Layers
Same problem as the Z Achilles one, one of them that I think should be Bloody Longinus says Winning Valkyrie.
I think for the Longinus layers, it's more likely that they referencing the lance rather than the soldier. I think Xcalibur, Longinus, and Trident are all attempts to be named after legendary weapons. The Lance of Longinus (or Holy Lance) was one of the lost treasures searched for in more medieval times, like the Holy Grail. "Lost Longinus" seems like it better spells it out.

And it didn't pierce Christ in the heart, but in the side. But you could cut out explaining it, just as Excalibur has no explanation other than being legendary.

But otherwise, you can pull a bit of both and say it refers to Christianity's Holy Lance, the Lance of Longinus, and possibly also the Roman of the same name who originally wielded it. Or something to that effect. I could see an argument being made for "Nightmare Longinus" referring to the soldier's original punishment for his action, so putting it to both would be acceptable.
How possible is it to make Bloody Longinus be placed into a combination to be way heavier than Nightmare Longinus?
(Apr. 30, 2018  8:00 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: I think for the Longinus layers, it's more likely that they referencing the lance rather than the soldier. I think Xcalibur, Longinus, and Trident are all attempts to be named after legendary weapons. The Lance of Longinus (or Holy Lance) was one of the lost treasures searched for in more medieval times, like the Holy Grail. "Lost Longinus" seems like it better spells it out.

And it didn't pierce Christ in the heart, but in the side. But you could cut out explaining it as well, just as Excalibur has no explanation other than being legendary.

But otherwise, you can pull a bit of both and say it refers to Christianity's Holy Lance, the Lance of Longinus, and possibly also the soldier of the same name who originally wielded it. Or something to that effect. I could see an argument being made for "Nightmare Longinus" referring to the soldier's original punishment for his action, so putting it to both would be acceptable.
somewhat poetic quality to that.
@[Frostic Fox] Tbh I think Nightmare Longinus is just something that they think fits the beyblade. Nightmare Shoot was also one of Lui's moves from Burst S1.
(Apr. 13, 2018  5:58 PM)MonoDragon Wrote:
Quote:==Description==
Bloody Longinus is a wide and heavy Energy Layer designed for Left Spin Attack that features five dragon heads, representing the anime's rendition of this Layer's beast, a dragon, one in the center of the Layer and four that line each of the wings that make up the points of contact, creating a diamond and thus aggressive and high recoil design. The snouts of the dragons and the tip of each wing are molded into the shape of spear heads which are meant to represent this Layer's Japanese namesake, the Roman Soldier Longinus of Christian Mythology who stabbed Christ in the heart with a lance.

As part of the Super-Z Layer System and like previous Longinus Layers, Bloody Longinus features metal in its design; in this case, each of the dragon heads are made of metal. The inclusion of metal makes Bloody Longinus one of the heavier Layers in the game.

The heavy weight of the metal dragon heads generates high inertia which increases the Layer's Knock-Out and Burst potential. While the left-spin nature of Bloody Longinus may imply that Burst Attack is only prevalent against other left-spin opponents, this Layer still has strong Burst Attack against right-spin opponents when moderate launched. Against a right-spin Beyblade, the left-spinning nature of Bloody Longinus means that it and the opponent's Layer will spin together like gears if they are of similar spin speed which heavily reduces recoil and rate of Bursts. However, if Bloody Longinus is moderate launched to give it a slower spin that the opponent, the slower spin speed with create recoil from the opponent's Layer catching into Bloody Longinus' wings, which grants this Layer Burst Attack and further improves Knock-Out Attack. Furthermore, Bloody Longinus is very wide which increases its Attack range and allows greater room for error in Banking Patterns. While the opposite spin allows for some degree of Spin Equalization, it is not to the degree of Drain Fafnir or Spriggan Requiem.

Like many other Super-Z Layers, Winning Valkyrie is unbalanced which increases Burst risk, is liable to break Banking Patterns and drains Stamina. However, these issues can be solved with the use of a Level Chip that fits underneath the Layer.

==Use In Attack Combinations==
Bloody Longinus can be put to use in the Attack/Spin Equalization Combination Bloody Longinus 0/2/4/5/7 Bump/Meteor Jolt/Xtreme/Variable (Worn). The heavy weight of Bloody Longinus 0/2/4/5/7 Bump/Meteor creates high Burst and Knock-Out potential while Jolt/Xtreme/Variable (Worn) grants aggressive movement and speed even when moderate launched which further bolsters Burst Attack. While the use of high friction Tips and heavy Discs can increase Burst risk, the heavy weight of Bloody Longinus can compensate.

==Overall==
Bloody Longinus' heavy weight, Knock-Out and Burst potential makes it the best Left-Spin Attack Layer in the metagame at the time of writing and its ability to accommodate Discs gives it greater versatility and greater overall combination weight than its predecessor Nightmare Longinus.

As such, Bloody Longinus is a must have for competitive bladers.

Do not believe this draft to be accurate. This is just speculation based on the performance of previous Longinus Layers
(Apr. 30, 2018  11:03 PM)ptf606 Wrote: @[Frostic Fox] Tbh I think Nightmare Longinus is just something that they think fits the beyblade. Nightmare Shoot was also one of Lui's moves from Burst S1.

Yeah, I figure it might be something like that too, because I don't think the Japanese would've looked that hard into it and made that level of effort. But I could see the argument made.

But between the two, the Holy Lance is a much bigger deal than Saint Longinus himself, and so I think focusing on only him seems inaccurate.
Out of curiosity, what shuts this layer down? I mean, I would think that it would excel against the current Hell Salamander Meta, but I just want to know why it doesn't and why it is marked useless.
(Sep. 09, 2018  11:22 AM)jade_juper Wrote: Out of curiosity, what shuts this layer down? I mean, I would think that it would excel against the current Hell Salamander Meta, but I just want to know why it doesn't and why it is marked useless.

NOW You asked.......................................................................(I can Answer Right?)
It's not as Much Wide as nL, But Weighs more than nL.
but nL still has better contact points
(Sep. 09, 2018  11:27 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote:
(Sep. 09, 2018  11:22 AM)jade_juper Wrote: Out of curiosity, what shuts this layer down? I mean, I would think that it would excel against the current Hell Salamander Meta, but I just want to know why it doesn't and why it is marked useless.

NOW You asked.......................................................................(I can Answer Right?)

I have nothing against you. Please don't tell me the shipping charges and I won't bug you.

I see. So I watched a few videos of it defeating Hell Salamander (both were stock). I assume that's because Jolt is a better driver than operate and 13 beats 12?
(Sep. 09, 2018  11:28 AM)jade_juper Wrote:
(Sep. 09, 2018  11:27 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: NOW You asked.......................................................................(I can Answer Right?)

I have nothing against you. Please don't tell me the shipping charges and I won't bug you.

I see. So I watched a few videos of it defeating Hell Salamander (both were stock). I assume that's because Jolt is a better driver than operate and 13 beats 12?

No Doubt with that.
13 has decent stamina, and has good burst resistance for what it offers. 12 is pure trash
Jolt vs Operate, Jolt is good for attack, nL.jl is quite good, better put a frame. Operate is pure trash except for fun purpose. The Tip cannot remain in Defence, and is shaken to attack mode mid battle.
nL.b.Jl Works fine, but it is too light currently, even if it is better than bL
(Sep. 09, 2018  11:32 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote:
(Sep. 09, 2018  11:28 AM)jade_juper Wrote: I have nothing against you. Please don't tell me the shipping charges and I won't bug you.

No Doubt with that.
13 has decent stamina, and has good burst resistance for what it offers. 12 is pure trash
Jolt vs Operate, Jolt is good for attack, nL.jl is quite good, better put a frame. Operate is pure trash except for fun purpose. The Tip cannot remain in Defence, and is shaken to attack mode mid battle.

So then is BL better than NL?
(Sep. 09, 2018  12:05 PM)jade_juper Wrote:
(Sep. 09, 2018  11:32 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: No Doubt with that.

So then is BL better than NL?
Kinda Yeah, It's too light now (NL)
(Sep. 09, 2018  12:07 PM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote:
(Sep. 09, 2018  12:05 PM)jade_juper Wrote: So then is BL better than NL?

But BL still can't effectively counter HS?
(Sep. 09, 2018  12:13 PM)jade_juper Wrote:
(Sep. 09, 2018  12:07 PM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: Kinda Yeah, It's too light now (NL)

But BL still can't effectively counter HS?

I can Tell You ON Saturday, Or Maybe I should Ask. The India Post is KIllING me this time.
(Sep. 09, 2018  12:15 PM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote:
(Sep. 09, 2018  12:13 PM)jade_juper Wrote: But BL still can't effectively counter HS?

I can Tell You ON Saturday, Or Maybe I should Ask. The India Post is KIllING me this time.

Yeah,Sinchan says it may open on tuesday
(Sep. 09, 2018  12:17 PM)Battleburst Wrote:
(Sep. 09, 2018  12:15 PM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: I can Tell You ON Saturday, Or Maybe I should Ask. The India Post is KIllING me this time.

Yeah,Sinchan says it may open on tuesday

Oh We Moved from Bloody Longinus to India Post. I am getting my NIB rP from Sinchan, My bL and 2nd wV are coming from Snidmist
(Sep. 09, 2018  12:07 PM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote:
(Sep. 09, 2018  12:05 PM)jade_juper Wrote: So then is BL better than NL?

I wouldn't agree. Firstly, nL is heavier than bL so I have no idea why you would say that. Also, bL is very thin and is only good against L Spins. But answering jade_juper's question, hS's defense mode is a rock. The extra recoil on bL should make it burst itself...
(Sep. 09, 2018  12:21 PM)ThePheonix Wrote:
(Sep. 09, 2018  12:07 PM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: Kinda Yeah, It's too light now (NL)

I wouldn't agree. Firstly, nL is heavier than bL so I have no idea why you would say that. Also, bL is very thin and is only good against L Spins. But answering jade_juper's question, hS's defense mode is a rock. The extra recoil on bL should make it burst...

Who Said nL is heavier Than bL, nL is technically Layer+Disc + frame(b)+driver(ds)=43 grams, where bL is 18(layer)+22/24+3+7=50 grams
So The Difference is Major
(Sep. 09, 2018  12:26 PM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote:
(Sep. 09, 2018  12:21 PM)ThePheonix Wrote: I wouldn't agree. Firstly, nL is heavier than bL so I have no idea why you would say that. Also, bL is very thin and is only good against L Spins. But answering jade_juper's question, hS's defense mode is a rock. The extra recoil on bL should make it burst...

Who Said nL is heavier Than bL, nL is technically Layer+Disc + frame(b)+driver(ds)=43 grams, where bL is 18(layer)+22/24+3+7=50 grams
So The Difference is Major
He is solely talking about the layer. Not about the over all weight.

Pretty much any right spin Beyblade shuts it down. And its chances against a Hell Salamander Atomic combo is only about 50-50, probably a little less than that. But it's not useless, especially now that Nightmare Longinus can't handle Super-Z Layers anymore
(Sep. 09, 2018  5:18 PM)MonoDragon Wrote:

Pretty much any right spin Beyblade shuts it down. And its chances against a Hell Salamander Atomic combo is only about 50-50, probably a little less than that. But it's not useless, especially now that Nightmare Longinus can't handle Super-Z Layers anymore

I see. So all thoe stock combo tests where Bloody Longnius came out on top were that way only because Bloody Longnius comes with better stock parts than say Winning Valkryie?
(Sep. 09, 2018  5:22 PM)jade_juper Wrote:
(Sep. 09, 2018  5:18 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Pretty much any right spin Beyblade shuts it down. And its chances against a Hell Salamander Atomic combo is only about 50-50, probably a little less than that. But it's not useless, especially now that Nightmare Longinus can't handle Super-Z Layers anymore

I see. So all thoe stock combo tests where Bloody Longnius came out on top were that way only because Bloody Longnius comes with better stock parts than say Winning Valkryie?

Yeah...... 
12 is trash and Volcanic is luck.....