[Draft]  Driver/Performance Tip - Sword

Quote:==Description==
Sword features a wide, metal, eight-pointed star tip, akin to a combination of Iron, Assault and Jaggy. Due to the shape and surface area, Sword will create a highly aggressive movement pattern with speeds comparable to Assault. However, the rough perimeter, low friction of the metal and wide diameter of the tip makes it difficult for Sword to maintain a banking pattern and creates relatively poor stamina despite the metal construction, making Sword ill-suited for Tornado Stalling combinations as well. Furthermore, Sword features two sword-like protrusions on either side. Due to the height of the Burst system, no combination can come into contact with the protrusions and they instead create a severe scrape risk, nullifying Life-After-Death potential. Finally, Sword is taller than most other Performance Tips which further reduces Attack potential as most Attack Type benefit from being at lower heights.

==Overall==
Sword features poor control, relatively poor Stamina, a severe scrape risk and a height ill-suited for Attack combinations.

As such, Sword is recommended for collection purposes only.

This thing is terrible
I actually thought this would outclass iron
(Aug. 19, 2018  6:14 PM)brandbrick Wrote: lol rip

you think iron is better?? ???

It seems to be. It has more stamina than some attack drivers and is aggressive, making it good for certain combos
(Aug. 19, 2018  6:15 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Aug. 19, 2018  6:14 PM)brandbrick Wrote: lol rip

you think iron is better?? ???

It seems to be. It has more stamina than some attack drivers and is aggressive, making it good for certain combos

The problem with Iron is that it has a weak spring, if it didn't have that it would be top-tier in my opinion
(Aug. 19, 2018  6:18 PM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Aug. 19, 2018  6:15 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: It seems to be. It has more stamina than some attack drivers and is aggressive, making it good for certain combos

The problem with Iron is that it has a weak spring, if it didn't have that it would be top-tier in my opinion

Really? Why would they even put a weak spring in Iron? I also would think Iron being top tier because back in MFB metal flat was pretty good competitively.
(Aug. 19, 2018  6:20 PM)brandbrick Wrote:
(Aug. 19, 2018  6:18 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: The problem with Iron is that it has a weak spring, if it didn't have that it would be top-tier in my opinion

Really? Why would they even put a weak spring in Iron? I also would think Iron being top tier because back in MFB metal flat was pretty good competitively.

Probably because it was released with Sieg Xcalibur which had absurdly strong teeth and they wanted to advertise the "Triple Impact" gimmick, so they made it easier for it to lose clicks
(Aug. 19, 2018  6:24 PM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Aug. 19, 2018  6:20 PM)brandbrick Wrote: Really? Why would they even put a weak spring in Iron? I also would think Iron being top tier because back in MFB metal flat was pretty good competitively.

Probably because it was released with Sieg Xcalibur which had absurdly strong teeth and they wanted to advertise the "Triple Impact" gimmick, so they made it easier for it to lose clicks

This is when Iron' would be good
(Aug. 19, 2018  6:27 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Aug. 19, 2018  6:24 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Probably because it was released with Sieg Xcalibur which had absurdly strong teeth and they wanted to advertise the "Triple Impact" gimmick, so they made it easier for it to lose clicks

This is when Iron' would be good

Yep.
(Aug. 19, 2018  6:24 PM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Aug. 19, 2018  6:20 PM)brandbrick Wrote: Really? Why would they even put a weak spring in Iron? I also would think Iron being top tier because back in MFB metal flat was pretty good competitively.

Knowing how Sword was clearly specifically, made for Xcalibur, I was thinking the loose spring was for that same reason. Honestly I am really getting tired of TT making overly specific parts just to make some dumb "_____ Impact" move work, and I think every Xcalibur (except maybe XFX) has this problem.

Though I'd imagine that they also wanted to loosen to spring the same reason as Bearing, probably to keep it from being "overpowered" due to the amount of metal (though we know it isn't OP anyway).
(Aug. 19, 2018  6:41 PM)Jinbee Wrote:
(Aug. 19, 2018  6:24 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Probably because it was released with Sieg Xcalibur which had absurdly strong teeth and they wanted to advertise the "Triple Impact" gimmick, so they made it easier for it to lose clicks

Knowing how Sword was clearly specifically, made for Xcalibur, I was thinking the loose spring was for that same reason. Honestly I am really getting tired of TT making overly specific parts just to make some dumb "_____ Impact" move work, and I think every Xcalibur (except maybe XFX) has this problem.

Though I'd imagine that they also wanted to loosen to spring the same reason as Bearing, probably to keep it from being "overpowered" due to the amount of metal (though we know it isn't OP anyway).

Same, not even like the Impact move does too much in real life. Metal sword hits hard enough, we don’t want bX to keep self bursting on its stock combo, or basically everyone is gonna get brainwashed by beytubers saying that “bX is terrible”, just like what happened to dC.
I personally love the Hashbro iron driver and even sometimes prefer it over a semi-worn extreme driver! It’s not the best but it has decent stamina and generally seems to keep a somewhat tight rotational pattern- coming into contact with opponent Beyblades somewhat often. But that’s just my opinion Smile
Will you post info on Dagger
(Aug. 19, 2018  6:18 PM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Aug. 19, 2018  6:15 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: It seems to be. It has more stamina than some attack drivers and is aggressive, making it good for certain combos

Does the Super Z layers not compensate for the weaker spring lock? The weight and teeth should more than compensate for that
(Aug. 19, 2018  9:10 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Aug. 19, 2018  6:18 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: The problem with Iron is that it has a weak spring, if it didn't have that it would be top-tier in my opinion

Does the Super Z layers not compensate for the weaker spring lock? The weight and teeth should more than compensate for that

But compared to Accel which has very similar performance and a much stronger spring, it's not worth it
(Aug. 19, 2018  9:13 PM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Aug. 19, 2018  9:10 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Does the Super Z layers not compensate for the weaker spring lock? The weight and teeth should more than compensate for that

But compared to Accel which has very similar performance and a much stronger spring, it's not worth it

I see
(Aug. 19, 2018  6:20 PM)brandbrick Wrote:

The only reason  Iron is not competitive  right now is that it doesn't  has the raw power to ko weak launched opposite spin opponents and it cant outspin them either with it.
I think it's #1 problem is that the driver's too tall to actually hit anything in the right places.
(Oct. 07, 2018  8:15 PM)Limetka Wrote: I think it's #1 problem is that the driver's too tall to actually hit anything in the right places.

It's either that or the fact that metal lowers friction, which is the opposite effect that you want on an Attack Bey.