Does anyone listen to any Hardcore/Metalcore/Death metal?

Terror
Madball
Winds of Plague
Donnybrook!
Suicide Silence
Whitechapel
Blacklisted
Champion
The Acacia Strain

Does anybody like any of these bands or any other bands of the same genre?
i listen to suicide silent there a good band if you like hard core metal core and stuff listen to anations os an autopsy,as i lay dyeing,inhale exhale argh so many to list lol
(Sep. 27, 2008  8:21 AM)AnnieDuck Wrote: What's metalcore?

you can add the word "core" to the end of any genre and all it really means is that it's harder or whatever

jazzcore
popcore
polkacore
(Sep. 27, 2008  8:36 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:

you can add the word "core" to the end of any genre and all it really means is that it's harder or whatever

jazzcore
popcore
polkacore

woah lol polkacore what bands slip into tht genre?
(Sep. 27, 2008  8:43 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: finntroll

best band a+
(Sep. 27, 2008  8:43 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: finntroll

lol finntrolls as scary as hell lol
You have named bands that I have never heard of.

Metalcore is a combination of Death Metal and Hardcore.
Death Metal vocals with hardcore breakdowns, really.

If you guys get the time and/or are interested at all, You should check out some of those bands.
Slipknot, White Chapel, Lamb of God, and Dir en Grey are my favorite hardcore bands.
(Sep. 27, 2008  10:42 PM)Evan Wrote: Slipknot, White Chapel, Lamb of God, and Dir en Grey are my favorite hardcore bands.

None of those are hardcore bands...
(Sep. 28, 2008  12:31 AM)HEAVYARMS Wrote:
(Sep. 27, 2008  10:42 PM)Evan Wrote: Slipknot, White Chapel, Lamb of God, and Dir en Grey are my favorite hardcore bands.

Iceburn
Reminder that hardcore is more than just a genre, it's an adjective

Though slipknot being described as such is pretty funny
genres are carp dumb just fyi

Hardcore is anything fast a heavy, which those bands are pretty much described perfectly...aside from Slipknot's new stuff. Mate.Feed.Kill.Repeat. is Slipknot's heaviest album, and it does earn the title "Hardcore".

Wikipedia doesn't have one dedicated "Hardcore" page that I could find, but genres are usually listener defined. The few genres that can easily be described would be hiphop, capitalizing on repetitive drum beats, stylized vocals, booming bass. Ska with it's off beat guitar playing, triad bass, and simple drum beat. Reggae with muted barre chords, intricate drums, simple bass, and carefree vocals.
Slipknot, KoRn,Children of Bodom, Misfits, >:3 anything
(Sep. 28, 2008  3:11 AM)Evan Wrote:

Hardcore is anything fast a heavy, which those bands are pretty much described perfectly...aside from Slipknot's new stuff. Mate.Feed.Kill.Repeat. is Slipknot's heaviest album, and it does earn the title "Hardcore".

Wikipedia doesn't have one dedicated "Hardcore" page that I could find, but genres are usually listener defined. The few genres that can easily be described would be hiphop, capitalizing on repetitive drum beats, stylized vocals, booming bass. Ska with it's off beat guitar playing, triad bass, and simple drum beat. Reggae with muted barre chords, intricate drums, simple bass, and carefree vocals.

Words

You need to start going to shows.
And wikipedia does have an article on Hardcore.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardcore_punk
Whoever told you it was anything fast and heavy has no idea what they're talking about.

I don't know much.
but, You can't school me on Hardcore, slugger.

Nice to know that most of the japanese gothshit I listen to is "hardcore"
i thot tht hardcore was like raver pplz music and i thot it was happy hardcore? ?.?
Raver music is more like electronica/ dance/ trance
(Sep. 28, 2008  3:24 AM)taru678 Wrote: i thot tht hardcore was like raver pplz music and i thot it was happy hardcore? ?.?

There is Hardcore Techno.
and, There is Hardcore Punk.

I enjoy the latter.

and Im not here to fight anyone...
I just wanted to see if anyone had the same music interest as i do.
(Sep. 28, 2008  3:24 AM)AnnieDuck Wrote:

Nice to know that most of the japanese gothshit I listen to is "hardcore"

I consider Diru hardcore because of Kyo's screams, and heavy guitar riffs. Honestly, this genre battle is completely idiotic.