Does anyone listen to any Hardcore/Metalcore/Death metal?

yeah i like KsE or Killswitch Engage for those of u who dont know them lol. there pritty good and my favorite album is as day light dies. one of their songs was even in guitar hero. lol
lmao terror

they're another hatebreed
(Oct. 06, 2008  4:00 AM)djspida5 Wrote: lmao terror

they're another hatebreed

If you were a woman.
I'd slug you.
(Sep. 28, 2008  3:27 AM)HEAVYARMS Wrote: There is Hardcore Techno.
and, There is Hardcore Punk.

I enjoy the latter.

Eh... I'm a fan of real Hardcore Punk. The old-school stuff that was Crossover Thrash, as in D.R.I., Leeway, Nuclear Assault, Anthrax, S.O.D., and other carp like that.

All this new-age "hardcore" stuff is kinda... not. Sure, genres like metalcore are a derivative of old-school hardcore, but honestly they have very few similarities. No offense, I just really don't dig the sound.

BTW: I love how GTAIV included the L.C.H.C. station (Liberty City Hardcore). Now THAT'S old-school! Grin
(Oct. 23, 2008  10:16 AM)AnchoredCross Wrote:
(Sep. 28, 2008  3:27 AM)HEAVYARMS Wrote: There is Hardcore Techno.
and, There is Hardcore Punk.

I enjoy the latter.

Eh... I'm a fan of real Hardcore Punk. The old-school stuff that was Crossover Thrash, as in D.R.I., Leeway, Nuclear Assault, Anthrax, S.O.D., and other carp like that.

All this new-age "hardcore" stuff is kinda... not. Sure, genres like metalcore are a derivative of old-school hardcore, but honestly they have very few similarities. No offense, I just really don't dig the sound.

BTW: I love how GTAIV included the L.C.H.C. station (Liberty City Hardcore). Now THAT'S old-school! Grin

While similar. Crossover Thrash is not Hardcore
S.O.D. Might be able to be considered Hardcore, but not really.

Minor Threat, Black Flag, Bad Brains, SSD, that is old school Hardcore

Im not the biggest fan of old hardcore punk anyway. No melody. No real breakdowns.
No parts where you can really do anything besides mosh (I HATE MOSHING)

My favorite Hardcore is probably the Youth Crew style hardcore, with bands like Champion that featured breakdowns and two step beats. You should go to more hardcore shows. I know it's not your thing really, but there's no place like a hardcore show. It just has a great atmosphere.

I love that station too.
"This song is about punching your friends in the face, and not givin' a carp" lol
(Oct. 23, 2008  10:24 PM)HEAVYARMS Wrote: Minor Threat, Black Flag, Bad Brains, SSD, that is old school Hardcore

lol, Bad Brains IS Crossover Thrash... In fact, Dr.Know even said during the late 80's that he loves being apart of both the punk AND the thrash genre.

(Oct. 23, 2008  10:24 PM)HEAVYARMS Wrote: No melody. No real breakdowns.

No melody? :pwn:... Anthrax's earlier work was considered Hardcore Punk/Thrash, and they had a ton of melody. It was just used properly, and not whored all over the place. Same with some of Overkill's stuff.
And breakdowns? Buncha nonsense if ya ask me, but to each his own I suppose XD...

I've been to modern "hardcore" shows, and honestly... I carp' hate it. It's just not my cup o' tea. I like going to Bonded By Blood or Gama Bomb shows. Much more energy, much tighter musicianship, much more consistency, and much more fun =D

Thrash utilized the upbeat chugging riff, varying between slow, fast, and double-time drumming. Bands like Toxik and Megadeth are prime examples of what good Thrash sounds like.
Haha.

You're a Thrasher.
and I'm a Hardcore Kid.

I guess that sums it up.

However, Could you please enlighten me on the last "hardcore" show you went to?
(Oct. 23, 2008  11:12 PM)HEAVYARMS Wrote: Haha.
You're a Thrasher.
and I'm a Hardcore Kid.
I guess that sums it up.

Basically XD

I've seen The Adolescents a ton of times (early 80's stuff was great, but wtf is wrong with their recent carp?), In the Shootout (oh God...), The Confession, and some other stuff I can't recall the names of.

In regards to actual Hardcore Punk, I've seen Suicidal Tendencies (carp yes), Death By Stereo (pretty carp' good), Cheap Sex (it's time to throw in the towel...), and Terror (decent riffs, horrible vocals).

BTW, to that guy that said Terror was another Hatebreed... Fix your carp' eardrums.
(Oct. 23, 2008  11:36 PM)AnchoredCross Wrote:
(Oct. 23, 2008  11:12 PM)HEAVYARMS Wrote: Haha.
You're a Thrasher.
and I'm a Hardcore Kid.
I guess that sums it up.

Basically XD

I've seen The Adolescents a ton of times (early 80's stuff was great, but wtf is wrong with their recent carp?), In the Shootout (oh God...), The Confession, and some other stuff I can't recall the names of.

In regards to actual Hardcore Punk, I've seen Suicidal Tendencies (carp yes), Death By Stereo (pretty carp' good), Cheap Sex (it's time to throw in the towel...), and Terror (decent riffs, horrible vocals).

BTW, to that guy that said Terror was another Hatebreed... Fix your carp' eardrums.

Terror is one of my favorite bands.

I saw them last night. Went on stage, and helped Scott do vocals. Almost pissed my pants.

They're coming back in like a month with Suicidal Tendencies!!!
Suicidal Tendencies is great.

Some of Terror's songs are awesome, I really like "Relentless Through and Through".
(Oct. 23, 2008  11:44 PM)AnchoredCross Wrote: Suicidal Tendencies is great.

Some of Terror's songs are awesome, I really like "Relentless Through and Through".

I'm wearing the relentless t-shirt right now lol
Just found this thread.
I do realy enjoy hardcore, but I couldn't find anything considered hardcore from after say 1995 I could enjoy. I like the initial hardcore, like Black Flag, Bad Brains, Circle Jerks, Dead Kennedys and stuff.
Sure, the line between this early Hardcore and Punk is really thin, but if you're really into this music you hear the difference like the difference between techno and classic.
The later hardcore is not more than ok for having a party to me. Some of the bands and their so called ideals are really dumb.
(Oct. 23, 2008  11:56 PM)Sasch Wrote: Just found this thread.
I do realy enjoy hardcore, but I couldn't find anything considered hardcore from after say 1995 I could enjoy. I like the initial hardcore, like Black Flag, Bad Brains, Circle Jerks, Dead Kennedys and stuff.
Sure, the line between this early Hardcore and Punk is really thin, but if you're really into this music you hear the difference like the difference between techno and classic.
The later hardcore is not more than ok for having a party to me. Some of the bands and their so called ideals are really dumb.

PRECISELY.

On a related note, I don't understand the whole "straight edge" thing. It's like being abstinent... Why the hell would anyone write, "NO SEX TIL MARRIAGE, carp YEAH!" on their shirt, and prance around preaching their nonsensical carp?... If you don't want to drink or smoke, fine. Just stop telling me.
I despise the majority of Hardcore and Metalcore I've been exposed to.

On the other hand, there are plenty of death metal bands that I enjoy:

Necrophagist
Psycroptic
Nile
Beneath the Massacre
Lykathea Aflame
Cryptopsy (None So Vile is the only album I like)
Decrepit Birth
Theory In Practice
Atheist
Anomalous
Vehemence

Melodic Death Metal:

Eternal Tears of Sorrow
Skyfire
In Flames
Children of Bodom
Unexpect
Linear Sphere
Wintersun

Could list forever. There's too many genres.
Muhammad Suicmez of Necrophagist is carp' phenomenal. His use of variating time-signatures is absolutely mind-blowing.
Woot! A Fan of Necrophagist!

I've been listening to their albums for years now, and everytime I put them on, my mind is blown. I've yet to hear another band quite like them.

Muhammad does qualify as brilliant considering he wrote Epitaph and Onset of Putrefaction. His solos are usually amazing, if not over the top sometimes.
(Oct. 24, 2008  12:14 AM)AnchoredCross Wrote:
(Oct. 23, 2008  11:56 PM)Sasch Wrote: Just found this thread.

PRECISELY.

On a related note, I don't understand the whole "straight edge" thing. It's like being abstinent... Why the hell would anyone write, "NO SEX TIL MARRIAGE, carp YEAH!" on their shirt, and prance around preaching their nonsensical carp?... If you don't want to drink or smoke, fine. Just stop telling me.

I'm straight edge and its nothing like being abstinent.
No sex isn't even one of the set requirements of straight edge.

I don't know a single straight edge kid who preaches.
You wear band shirts because you like/support bands, right?

I wear straight edge shirts because I like/support straight edge.
(Oct. 24, 2008  3:36 AM)HEAVYARMS Wrote: I'm straight edge and its nothing like being abstinent.
No sex isn't even one of the set requirements of straight edge.

I didn't say it was... It's called an analogy Speechless

(Oct. 24, 2008  3:36 AM)HEAVYARMS Wrote: I don't know a single straight edge kid who preaches.

You obviously don't live in southern California.

(Oct. 24, 2008  3:36 AM)HEAVYARMS Wrote: I wear straight edge shirts because I like/support straight edge.

That's great.
Don't talk down to something you know nothing about, then.

The only straight edge kids I know who preach,
Don't preach.
They just beat your head in if they find you drinking a beer at an all ages show.

Im not saying I support that.
But thats how it straight edge is for some scenes.
Why have a lame moniker for what you do? I don't drink or do drugs, but I don't proclaim myself as "straight edge". I don't proclaim it period.
(Oct. 24, 2008  4:11 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Why have a lame moniker for what you do? I don't drink or do drugs, but I don't proclaim myself as "straight edge". I don't proclaim it period.

Well there is being drug free and there is being straight edge

Those who are straight edge put the timeframe of "for life" into their ideals and morals. Elementary schoolers during red ribbon week are drug free, but I'm not drug free, I'm straight edge. I will never lessen this commitment i've made to myself or cheapen it by making it seem like it could just be what i feel right now.

I am straight edge, and until they put be into the ground i will always be straight edge. That's why you can't just call me drug free.

Straight Edge is an entire movement.
There are Bands dedicated to it.
Clothing companies dedicated to it.
You're more passionate about being straight edge than just not smoking or drinking.
lol

so basically you abstain from drugs and alcohol but are far more self righteous and needlessly black and white about it? well ok then

get over yourselves. there are tons of people who are "straight edge" but don't refer to themselves as such, probably because they recognize that defining your entire life by things you don't do is a hilarious backwards approach
(Oct. 24, 2008  4:20 AM)HEAVYARMS Wrote: I am straight edge, and until they put be into the ground i will always be straight edge.

One day you'll grow up, and move on beyond this ridiculous scene carp.

I don't smoke or drink either, and I don't run around bragging about it because I don't have a need to fit in.

Straight Edge, Emos, Goths, whatever, all of it is ridiculous irony from conformists trying to be non-conformists.
Yup, you're right. I also don't see a point in labelling yourself with any scene/group name.
I heard straight edge kids saying "No, I MUST NOT drink, I'm straight edge!"
You can easily see they just want to belong to something and leave a part of being themselves away to be straight edge.
I also don't take drugs in any form, neither alcohol nor nicotine nor thc nor anything, still I'll NEVER label myself with any group or scene name or such carp.
(Oct. 24, 2008  1:30 PM)Sasch Wrote: I also don't see a point in labelling yourself
Shikamaru526: Labeled as "Awesome!"
sorry couldn't resist.
(Oct. 24, 2008  8:26 AM)Synesthesia Wrote: Straight Edge, Emos, Goths, whatever, all of it is ridiculous irony from conformists trying to be non-conformists.
This line should be in a movie!

Fitting in isn't always good you know.
"You guys are stupid. See they're gonna be looking for army guys"
- Peter(In a clown suit)((In a war zone))