Do we need a second format?

Poll: Do we need a second format?

That would be good for the metagame
70.42%
Leave it as it is, it's not important if most parts will become useless
29.58%
Total: 100% 71 vote(s)
(May. 09, 2011  3:10 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: And yes, those rubber tips, especially CS is also a powerful part. But again, we can't remove it, as then, RS and WB will be the only 'good' choices for Defence. RS will be easy to beat at times, why? Because its S. WB was always top tier until RS and CS outclassed it.

uh, what? RS is only easy to beat VS left spin attackers, and it is the most powerful rubber defence part (CS is better with basalt, but in general rs is better)

and RS and CS already outclass WB, and WB isn't top tier

and what about RSF? it is also about as good as CS for some defence combos

(May. 09, 2011  3:10 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Meteo, Gravity, But none of them have shown as much consistency as Lightning. Lightning is really required.

for some battles meteo is better then lightning, and some lightning is better (from the tests i have seen), and gravity is very, very versatile. personally, lightning is extremely good, but not required.
So, you think it should be banned? I know Meteo performs awesome, I said that Max Meteor is a danger. Other than that, there is almost nothing. Just Gravity and Meteo. Vulcan and Screw too, but not as good to be considered top tier ATM.
(May. 09, 2011  3:58 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: So, you think it should be banned? I know Meteo performs awesome, I said that Max Meteor is a danger. Other than that, there is almost nothing. Just Gravity and Meteo. Vulcan and Screw too, but not as good to be considered top tier ATM.

CS? no, it is not a problem at all

maximum meteor? i am not to worried about because:

1. XF is kinda rare
2. XF is hard to use/master

lightning? not a problem at all.
**Cough**LT**Cough**

Considering LDD will be banned
In a more attack dominated metagame, maximum meteor isn't anywhere near as reliable/dominant. Remember, xf has poor grip, and as much as meteo has decent defence, it's not enough. Dan would have the most info on this, though.

Also, did you mean lightning tank, aquilaz? Bd145 is a maximum series part, and obviously banned from this format.
(May. 09, 2011  5:54 PM)Aquilaz112 Wrote: **Cough**LT**Cough**

Considering LDD will be banned

Yeah, most of the 4D beys are getting banned I suppose.