Dir en grey

Guys, its a SINGLES collection.

As in, a repackaging of songs they've already released singles for.

GRIEF was included because it was a single. Jealous Reverse was included because it was on a single.

Its not really a greatest hits thing. lol
Roan Wrote:Guys, its a SINGLES collection.

As in, a repackaging of songs they've already released singles for.

GRIEF was included because it was a single. Jealous Reverse was included because it was on a single.

Its not really a greatest hits thing. lol

I see....Grief was a single?
Well I don't think it was ever released as a stand alone single, but I know they shot a video for it and promoted MARROW with it before MARROW released, so...

It makes sense.
I do not think it is a compilation of singles. Correct me if I am wrong, but Bottom of the Death Valley and Gyakujou Tannou Keloid Milk, as well as some other songs, were never released on singles ...
Gyakujou Tannou Keloid Milk was released on a single as a remix, but I can't remember which single off the top of my head.

I mean really, this is just a compilation of how far they've come. It'd be impossible for them to satisfy everyone.

As blind fanboy as it sounds, I'm sure they had their reasons for picking the songs they did. I look at these discs as more of a means of catching up for those who just got into the band or for those who want to complete their collections. I don't see it at all as a greatest hits set.

Hell, for all we know they had no input in the matter. It might have been something their record label schemed up. :\
i can't believe they acknowledge the existence of yokan
Tamer Brad Wrote:i can't believe they acknowledge the existence of yokan

Roan Wrote:rofl

I can't believe it either.

you guys suck
Kei Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:i can't believe they acknowledge the existence of yokan

Roan Wrote:rofl

I can't believe it either.

you guys suck

Or we just accept the fact that Dir en grey is not a pop band? lol
It's not even so much that I hate the song, it's that I cannot believe that where they are now in their careers, they're releasing Yokan again.
Well, I think the whole purpose behind the discs is to be like a look back on their career and how they've changed.

Shifting from Yokan to GRIEF is pretty reflective of this.

lol
i think that might not work out in their favour
Probably not.

Even so, you have to give them credit where its due. Dir en grey is a pretty famous band. I mean, they've been together for 10 years now, totally conquered the Japanese rock scene and have a rather large presence in both Europe and America. They sell out almost every show they play here in the US.

But like I said, I'm not buying it anyway and I honestly don't think it was their idea to do this. lol
Roan Wrote:Or we just accept the fact that Dir en grey is not a pop band? lol

Obviously they're not, but Yokan was still a good song.
Eh...

The only good thing about Yokan is pretty much what Michael said: The bass line.

The rest of the song is pretty boring. lol
Hmm I actually quite liked the opening of yokan...
Roan Wrote:MACABRE and Kisou are great.

Haha, those are the two Diru CDs I physically own. XD

So I managed to find an original copy of GAUZE at the Kinokuniya here. Chocked I stashed it behind all the copies of Marrow of a Bone (because, seriously, who's buying it?) in case I decided to come back to it. Even if I buy it and don't decide to keep it, I can probably make a nice buck on eBay on it since it's out of print, eh?
Gauze kinda sucks. :\
I don't think it sucks, but I certainly don't think it's their best release.

As for physical CDs of theirs that I own:

- GAUZE
- VULGAR
- Withering to death.
- THE MARROW OF A BONE

I want to get MACABRE, Kisou and six UGLY really bad but I can't find GENUINE copies of them anywhere that aren't like $60+. :\
Roan Wrote:I want to get MACABRE, Kisou and six UGLY really bad but I can't find GENUINE copies of them anywhere that aren't like $60+. :\
http://www.hmv.co.jp/

About $72 for all three albums.
Kai-V Wrote:
Roan Wrote:I want to get MACABRE, Kisou and six UGLY really bad but I can't find GENUINE copies of them anywhere that aren't like $60+. :\
http://www.hmv.co.jp/

About $72 for all three albums.

That's a little too steep for me, honestly. But thanks anyway. Smile
So apparently there is a good reason to get the Decade discs.

All the singles are digitally remastered, so the older songs will be in higher quality.

That's enough reason for me to download them. lol
Roan Wrote:So apparently there is a good reason to get the Decade discs.

All the singles are digitally remastered, so the older songs will be in higher quality.

That's enough reason for me to download them. lol

Same deal with Gackt's new SACD releases, but I'm not rebuying everything I already bought >>
Well, they aren't releasing these discs in America or anywhere else.

They're only doing a limited run in Japan, so I think I'd like to have them. lol
I've been sifting through Youtube, and I ask myself: Why are most Dir en Grey (and other J-Rock band) covers featured from Latin America? I always figured if anything you'd see a lot of German cover bands. Go figure.

Well, seeing as I don't own a single one of the albums that those singles are on, I might buy this once it hits stateside (Or just download it liek I have the past three J-Rock albums I've litened to).