Diablo Cygnus B:D

OK, I'm new to testing, and figured I'd try out the Bey I'll be using in my next tournament vs a top tier combo I had the parts for.

Standard Procedure - BB-10 - String Launcher
Diablo Cygnus B : D: 10 wins (2 OS, 7 KO)
Variares R145 RF: 10 wins (10 KO)
2 draw
Diablo win percentage: 50%

I did 22 rounds (replaying draws), each with a sliding shot with the Variares, and shooting the Diablo straight to the middle. Diablo was launched on even rounds, while Variares was launched on odd rounds.

I was surprised that Diablo got as many KOs as it did. I figured it would outlast Variaries more than completely blowing it out of the arena. Variares pretty much performed as I expected it would, though I was hoping for a bit more losses Smile

Standard Procedure - BB-10 - String Launcher
Diablo Cygnus B : D: 13 wins (6 OS, 7 KO)
Flash Sagitario R145 RF (Attack Mode): 7 wins (1 OS, 6 KO)
Diablo win percentage: 65%

This time I did 20 rounds, same conditions and shoots as before. I was much more surprised that Flash didn't do better than it did. I will say there were a bunch of times that Flash would have KO'd Diablo, but a wall stopped it and Diablo won by an OS.

So there you have it. My first tests. Feel free to tear it apart, let me know what I did right/wrong, and how I can improve these in the future.
Variares isn't really top tier anymore. Do you have Flash or Zero G beys to test against?
I'd test against Flash myself, but it hates me and I can never use it well. If you could do more tests it would be great.
The tests are very much appreciated though.
So you don't have any parts to make anything with Flash? Because Variares is no longer top-tier Uncertain Still really good results for something on BGrin, and the formatting of your thread is great. And the reason Diablo got a lot of KO's is because of the oblong ridges (the three mountain-esque type things).
Good job Smile
EDIT: Beaten by Ultramarine -__-
Looking through my parts, I don't have Flash....BUT, my daughter does Smile I'll have to use that for future testing.

As for Zero-G, right now all I've got is Dark Knight Dragooon, and my son has Samurai Ifrit.

Thanks for the comments!
Just a heads up. When doing testing you have to redo ties. Also what gave you the ieea for Cygnus on Diablo?
I did two more battles and updated the OP.

I chose Cygnus for its weight and distribution over Nemesis. I was curious to see how my heaviest combo worked on top of a B : D. I only wish I had a MH-F to toss in there.
So this combo seem quite balacne, It has Stamina , Some Defecne, And much more, WOW It must be a really Metagame combo then.
(Jun. 19, 2013  5:34 PM)Pegasus97 Wrote: So this combo seem quite balacne, It has Stamina , Some Defecne, And much more, WOW It must be a really Metagame combo then.
Um...what? It's only been tested against a tier two beyblade, and nothing else.
I'm not saying its bad, but you really shouldn't jump to conclusions like that.
I really don't think this combo will do well. A recoilish wheel with BGrin? and it does not help you only did one test against a tier 2 combo
Updated the OP with tests using and Flash Sagitario R145 RF.
hmm. LOL it will not be top tier combo! But is fun testing it. Try testing it wid some extreme stamina or defense combo!
Wut Diablo B: D actually KOed Flash and not the other way around? lol weird

This custom seems like an unsafe tournament pick for the reasons others have mentioned: recoil + B: D is usually not a wonderful mix Confused
(Jun. 19, 2013  5:41 PM)Ultramarine Wrote:
(Jun. 19, 2013  5:34 PM)Pegasus97 Wrote: So this combo seem quite balacne, It has Stamina , Some Defecne, And much more, WOW It must be a really Metagame combo then.
wELL IT'S MY oPINION
So what would you call this combo? What does it do best? Why does it work that way?

Having Diablo on B:D is a bad idea haha. Diablo has a very large amount of recoil, and B:D is horrendous for defense (rumor has it can be KOed by wind lol). I would put a MF-H on this to control the recoil.

BTW, R145 isn't the greatest track when combined with Flash, do you have GB145, CH120, or S130?
Also, when facing attack you only do alternating launches if both are using attack (which is not the case here).

Thanks for the tests though!
I do have a GB145. Maybe I'll give that a test with the Flash and see if much changes.

I really wouldn't know what to call it except top heavy Smile Recoil has really been the downfall for this Bey, and every time it's been KO'd it was almost instantly done so. It's a beast when it stays in the arena. I'll have to get my hands on a MF-H to see if that will help the recoil issue.
More weight=less recoil generally. Every bit counts.

Top heavy=heavy top? JK lol

But like, what type is it? Would you call it balance, defense, or somewhat of a grinding stamina?
I'd say it's more of a balance type. It's got good stamina, can take a few good hits, and can really dish it out, especially if it gets a hit in right after it's launched.

Like people have stated, the real problem is recoil, but it's not as bad as you might think.

The real killer is if it can get into the center of the stadium and stay there. There was a few times in the tests where it knocked a good sliding shoot into a tornado pattern and just sat in the middle while the other Bey fizzled out.
Got some tests done! Smile

Diablo Cygnus BGrin vs. Duo Cancer W145WD
Beys alternated launching first
Cancer: wins, 10/10 (All OS)
Cygnus: wins, 0/10
Diablo Cygnus BGrin win rate: 0%

Diablo didn't even come close. Unhappy

Diablo Cygnus BGrin vs. MF-H Flash Escolpio S130R2F
Beys alternated launching first.
Escolpio: wins, 17/20 (All KO)
Cygnus: wins, 3/20 (2 OS, 1 KO)
Diablo Cygnus BGrin win rate: 15%

Diablo's 2 wins were the most freak-wall saves I have ever seen! The 1 KO was when Escolpio hit, Diablo hit the wall and jumped into the air, and escolpio flew out from the recoil. The other 2 were just Diablo getting 3-4 wall saves in the same spin.

Diablo Cygnus BGrin vs. Reviser Dragooon SA165EWD
Beys alternated launching first.
Dragooon: wins, 8/10 (All OS)
Cygnus: wins, 2/10 (All OS)
Diablo Cygnus BGrin win rate: 20%

Diablo just doesn't have the LAD to pull this off, IMO. Death/Duo BGrin is much, much better. Oh well...

It would seem that this thing does, indeed, get trashed by pretty much everything that's currently competitive. :\ I imagine its results against synchrome attackers would be horrendous. Sorry Rob, it doesn't look like this thing can hold its ground very well. Unhappy

P.S. Your tests were actually formatted really well. Smile I've noticed a lot of the tests done recently are kinda hard to read...
Just goes to show you that I need some better parts!
I don't think that was the case as much as just practicing with attackers. Flash will still be great on R145. (That is, in relative terms) Try fooling around with them more and your win rate should improve drastically. Another thing it could be, is your R2F. If it is a very hard R2F, it could be getting a lot less grip than it should. I've mentioned this before, but some Flat Rubber tips are made of different types of rubber. (Fang Leone Burning Claw vs Samurai Pegasus) If you have another RF or R2F, swapping it out could give you win-rates similar to theblackdragon's. Just some things to note. Grin
Nice tests! what about it against Diablo BD145RF!
Well nice try with the combo and good tests. Just can't match up with the top tiers.
(Jun. 19, 2013  5:41 PM)Ultramarine Wrote:
so What it's really good I tested it. I found it's really have those capapilites. So yeah.
Well then post results!
I don't really think that your testing was very accurate, because for Flash, Scorpio, Orion, or maybe even Quetzacoatl work better then Sagittario in terms of attack. And Gravity Ball 145 wouldv'e been betterthen Rubber 145 because Rubber 145 has recoil and is outclassed