Devastating Force Smasher: Pegasus 145RF

(Jul. 30, 2010  9:14 AM)The LVJ Wrote: My sentiments, exactly! It's too unstable.

I've even tinkered with the WD145 track and obtained decent results.

I tried with H145 too...
Results weren't too nice if I remember correctly.
My theory:
Because of the narrow spinning axis of a narrow track, 145, spinning velocity is increased, therefore increasing speed.
The flywheel effect of wider tracks gives increased momentum to the spinning, but because it's an attack combo, having the highest velocity while being able to KO the opponent in the shortest amount of time is wanted, therefore an increased momentum will have negligible effect when paired with a near mint RF which causes too much friction, decreasing spinning time.
A perfect fit between joining parts in the beyblade provide the best energy transfer where energy is not lost from wobbling.
Wobbling decreases the efficiency of transfer of energy where energy is lost during the wobble (or rather, transferred to the wobble + the sound of the wobble (because you can't lose energy))
Added results against top tier stamina customs
Dayum. That's some crazy win rates.
Wonder how this will do with 230? xD
put this up against Flame Escolpio 90FS
funny carp (Click to View)
Added DF145 results against top tier defense
DF145 doesn't look too promising, but more tests still have to be conduced.
I just did some testing with Pegasis 145RF. It has some maddddd smash.

Attack stadium, banking, beylauncher + launcher grip.

Pegasis 145RF - MF Earth Bull GB145WB:
15 - 5, 2 KOs in favour of Earth.

I have to say that, personally, this is top tier material.
(Aug. 05, 2010  12:52 AM)Cpt. Squirrel Wrote: I have to say that, personally, this is top tier material.

Much more so than MF Pegsis CH120RF. Joyful_2
(Aug. 05, 2010  12:52 AM)Cpt. Squirrel Wrote: I just did some testing with Pegasis 145RF. It has some maddddd smash.

Attack stadium, banking, beylauncher + launcher grip.

Pegasis 145RF - MF Earth Bull GB145WB:
15 - 5, 2 KOs in favour of Earth.

I have to say that, personally, this is top tier material.

I certainly agree <3
Get a mod to put this up.
DIAMOND YOU HEAR ME?
TIME FOR YOU TO DO SOMETHING.
Just took a video MF Peg 145RF vs. MF Libra GB145WB
5 wins in a row.
editing now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xn6hvdJrac
(Aug. 05, 2010  6:10 AM)Jerf Wrote: DIAMOND YOU HEAR ME?
Even though this thing has wicked smash, I still find it to have too much recoil. :\

Anyway, I think I should leave it to the Committee and more experienced Mods to decide on putting this combo up on the tier list.
(Aug. 05, 2010  10:26 AM)Diamond Wrote: Even though this thing has wicked smash, I still find it to have too much recoil. :\

Anyway, I think I should leave it to the Committee and more experienced Mods to decide on putting this combo up on the tier list.

Dude did you watch the carping video?
(Aug. 05, 2010  10:26 AM)Diamond Wrote:
(Aug. 05, 2010  6:10 AM)Jerf Wrote: DIAMOND YOU HEAR ME?
Even though this thing has wicked smash, I still find it to have too much recoil. :\

During my testing, I found it had less recoil than something Lightning L Drago or Ray at the same height, and this was without a metal face for Pegasis and Ray.

Putting it up on the list is a formality, so I personally don't mind if the committee takes a long time.
(Aug. 05, 2010  10:45 AM)Jerf Wrote: Dude did you watch the carping video?
Yes.

However, I have personally experienced quite a number of self KOs when using this combo before. It might just be me though. :\
I think it's about time I started paying attention to this custom, haha. I will try it out when I get a chance and will post results.
Here are the results of a test I did a while ago

MF pegasus CH145RF VS MF Earth Cancer C145WD

Earth Cancer
Pegasus
Pegasus
Pegasus
Earth Cancer
Pegasus
Pegasus
Pegasus
Pegasus
Earth Cancer

Hope this helps. Also I used Cancer cause it was my heaviest wheel at the time and WD because I haven't mastered WB yet.
I request a mod change the Pegasus in the name of this thread to Pegasis
Or Ozzy could do it.
To alleviate confusion from the Hasbro release of Storm Pegasis?
Might be worth considering making a totally new thread; it would be good to have a good set of results displayed prominently in the first post, maybe.
♥'s right, this thread is a bit jumbled and disorganized.
Has there been any solid testing on comparing whether the combo works better with 145 or CH145 or with metal face and without? If there hasn't that would be useful. I would do it but my CH120 has gone missingUnhappy
(Aug. 06, 2010  10:48 PM)megablader2 Wrote: Has there been any solid testing on comparing whether the combo works better with 145 or CH145 or with metal face and without? If there hasn't that would be useful. I would do it but my CH120 has gone missingUnhappy

I don't think there's been any actual testing from one person with each of the conditions you've stated. However, I did some formal testing with 145 without a metal face and it was great. I did play around with a metal face and CH145, both separately and together, and it didn't seem any better. With a metal face, it looked the same, but, with CH145, it wasn't as good. Maybe because it rattled around so much.
alright I'll make a new thread.