Destabiliser Thread

(Mar. 02, 2011  11:34 PM)ldragolightning Wrote: How about destabilising attackers, like Flame/Burn/Killer/Bakushin Bull/Capricorne/Aquario/Gasher (Hasbro) 100F/WF? They're nearly game-breaking. My Flame Bull 100F can beat a lot of other beys, and it's like a cross between a destabilising attacker and destabiliser.

I assure you that destabilizers aren't game-breakingly good.
I could also back up Evan's tests too.
we need to make a destableizer that can be used to procced further in the meta game Joyful_2 also after close examination of the meteo rush destableizer since its ruged it adds mutiple hits and since it is low other beys hit the plastic so no recoil so the rush CW can get mnultiple hits and knock the other bey of balance, it also seems once the bey is of balance (my MF-H libra w105 CS) it may hit the meteo MW then the destableizing proces begins to get tricky as the recoil kicks in.
(Mar. 03, 2011  12:54 AM)Dan Wrote:
(Mar. 02, 2011  11:34 PM)ldragolightning Wrote: How about destabilising attackers, like Flame/Burn/Killer/Bakushin Bull/Capricorne/Aquario/Gasher (Hasbro) 100F/WF? They're nearly game-breaking. My Flame Bull 100F can beat a lot of other beys, and it's like a cross between a destabilising attacker and destabiliser.

I assure you that destabilizers aren't game-breakingly good.
I could also back up Evan's tests too.

I completely agree with you about destabilizers. They are niche to beat stock (as in ones, or ones similar to those on the top-tier list) high track stamina and defense combos.
Yeah man. If you're facing a good destabiliser combo vs a defence combo the destabiliser combo will normally get around a 90% win rate.
Has anyone tried Wolf CW as a destabilizer? It seems to have pretty good slopes, and I have it and Burn, but can't test due to lack of Flame, SF and Attack Stadium.
i was trying midnight as a destabilizer. it can get KOs while using WB as its tip as well as destabilize. it seems to work best with F and WB (the combos i have tried are MF midnight ____ 100F/FS/SF/WB)

the main problem is that it is so light instead of destabilizing it gets pushed down (but WB seems to help with that) so i think a MF-H will do best with it

i can post tests (i only have a LF stadium though)
(Mar. 07, 2011  10:10 PM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: i was trying midnight as a destabilizer. it can get KOs while using WB as its tip as well as destabilize. it seems to work best with F and WB (the combos i have tried are MF midnight ____ 100F/FS/SF/WB)

the main problem is that it is so light instead of destabilizing it gets pushed down (but WB seems to help with that) so i think a MF-H will do best with it

midnight as you said was a good destablizer (judging from what you said as i dont have one) it was near anough the same patter as quetzalcoatl, and i kept wondering if quetz could be a destablizer as it does to alot of my beys (even with RF) i just think it needs to be on 85 - 100 (i use 85) but if i have time ill do some tests Joyful_2
(Mar. 09, 2011  10:51 AM)Callum6939 Wrote:
(Mar. 07, 2011  10:10 PM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: i was trying midnight as a destabilizer. it can get KOs while using WB as its tip as well as destabilize. it seems to work best with F and WB (the combos i have tried are MF midnight ____ 100F/FS/SF/WB)

midnight as you said was a good destablizer (judging from what you said as i dont have one) it was near anough the same patter as quetzalcoatl, and i kept wondering if quetz could be a destablizer as it does to alot of my beys (even with RF) i just think it needs to be on 85 - 100 (i use 85) but if i have time ill do some tests Joyful_2

really i think midnight, quetz, and pre-hws bull all have potential to be destabilizing attackers because their slopes might be able to sorta do a destabilizing thing

as much as i would like to test it further i only have a LF (and Ultrablader will most likely not want tests in a LF)

i still cant beleive i got a KO with midnight 100 WB vs earth 145WD in a LF!
(Mar. 09, 2011  5:26 PM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: really i think midnight, quetz, and pre-hws bull all have potential to be destabilizing attackers because their slopes might be able to sorta do a destabilizing thing

as much as i would like to test it further i only have a LF (and Ultrablader will most likely not want tests in a LF)

i still cant beleive i got a KO with midnight 100 WB vs earth 145WD in a LF!

I think it would be alright as destablizers are surpossed to win usually by OS so a stamina vs destabiliser in a SVS would be alright as the destabiliser should still win, because I knocks the other bey of balance, I have a balance stad and SVS but in both the destablizers usually always wins even vs stamina and defence beys
(Mar. 07, 2011  9:47 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: Has anyone tried Wolf CW as a destabilizer? It seems to have pretty good slopes, and I have it and Burn, but can't test due to lack of Flame, SF and Attack Stadium.

Just a little request. In my SVS informal testing, Burn Wolf 90HF did slightly better than Burn Cancer 90HF.
(Mar. 10, 2011  5:43 AM)GaHooleone Wrote:
(Mar. 07, 2011  9:47 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: Has anyone tried Wolf CW as a destabilizer? It seems to have pretty good slopes, and I have it and Burn, but can't test due to lack of Flame, SF and Attack Stadium.

Just a little request. In my SVS informal testing, Burn Wolf 90HF did slightly better than Burn Cancer 90HF.

do the test 10 - 20 times then post the results to verify you answer, ill do some with quetz later Joyful_2

Ok I did a small Test with Quetzalcoatl;

MF Quetzalcoatl 85 RF vs MF-H Libra W105 CS
TT Balance Stadium
Libra launched at 100% w/ launcher grip, beylauncher R, rubber
Quetz launched at 80% banking w/ TT Light Launcher
Q - KO
Q - KO
Q - KO
L - OS
Q - KO
Q - OS
L - KO
Q - KO
Q - OS
L - KO

3 draws, were redone

Quetzacoatl had a 70% win rate, although most were KOs they did sometimes occur after quetz hit libra into a wall, you could see from a direct hit from Quetzalcoatl Libra's spin velocity significantly decreased.
^I did some informal testing, but I asked for others to properly test it because I only have a Super Vortex. Hence why I am bumping that request, because it was slightly forgotten when wolfblade started his midnight discussion.
(Mar. 10, 2011  9:59 AM)Callum6939 Wrote:
(Mar. 10, 2011  5:43 AM)GaHooleone Wrote:

*tests

hmmm, could you try it with WF instead of RF (RF makes it to much of an attack type)
I'll try this with XF so.. posting tests later.
Yes I will do, I may have to increase the height to avoid floor scraping

kk same again

this time i did 5 as i dont have much time;

MF Quetzalcoatl 100 WF 100% (100 due to if it was lower it would scrape the floor)
MF-H Libra W105 CS 100%
Balance stad

Libra - KO
Libra - OS
Libra - OS
Quetz - KO
Libra- OS

SVS Stad

Libra - OS
Libra - OS
Libra - OS
Libra - OS
Libra - OS

quetz sucked badly as it slowed itself down rather than desablizing Libra, i think quetz does alot better when it has a rubber bottem as it can thrust itself into slowing and destablizing its opponent, it can even gain KOs

but i havent testd with CS... but i only have 1 CS so i might do it against libra with a WB
What about basalt for a destabiliser.

TT Attack Stadium and launcher grip+beylauncher used.
Basalt Cancer 100SF vs Earth Aquario 145WD

Basalt Cancer's win rate: 30%
Earth Aquario's win rate:70%
Pretty bad win rate man.
Can somebody try the wolf metal wheel? It really looks like it could get under another beyblade's wheel
Maybe but tbh that's not how destabilisers work. The metal wheels have to meet at the same level.
I was going for the Wolf CW, you know... It looks like it has some nice slopes, but as I stated before, I cannot properly test due to my Attack Stadium still en route to my house from where I bought it.
(Apr. 07, 2011  8:04 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: I was going for the Wolf CW, you know... It looks like it has some nice slopes, but as I stated before, I cannot properly test due to my Attack Stadium still en route to my house from where I bought it.

Test it in the stadium you got for now, and when you get the attack stadium then retest to make it more reliable
(Apr. 07, 2011  10:14 PM)Callum6939 Wrote:
(Apr. 07, 2011  8:04 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: I was going for the Wolf CW, you know... It looks like it has some nice slopes, but as I stated before, I cannot properly test due to my Attack Stadium still en route to my house from where I bought it.

Test it in the stadium you got for now, and when you get the attack stadium then retest to make it more reliable

Alright, what should I test against? I'll do Flame Wolf 90HF comparison with Flame Cancer 90HF, but what should the other bey be?
(Apr. 08, 2011  1:33 AM)GaHooleone Wrote:
(Apr. 07, 2011  10:14 PM)Callum6939 Wrote:

Alright, what should I test against? I'll do Flame Wolf 90HF comparison with Flame Cancer 90HF, but what should the other bey be?

Top-tier Stamina, since Destabilizers usually have trouble against them.
Testing against 145 stamina would be best since they generally do pretty bad against anything else.
Callum6939: i was looking at your quetzalcoatl destabilizer results again, and noticed that the opponent was on a 105 track, since it was on 105 it is to low to be destabilized, could you retest with the opponent on 145?