Defensive Bladers in Burst

I really enjoy the Burst anime but does anyone else feel there’s a lack of top-tier defensive bladers overall?
In season 1 when they announced the 4 Spin Emperors I thought each blade type would be represented but instead we got 1 stamina, 1 balance, and 2 attack types while defence got snubbed Unhappy
When I heard that Joshua was ranked #3 in the world I got excited that we might have a top-tier defensive blader in God but in most of his battles he scrapes through and really doesn’t feel like a #3, not even a top 5 since Shu/Red Eye is around.
The way it is now all other beyblade types have a really good blader/s:
Attack=Lui, Xhaka, Valt
Stamina=Free
Balance= Shu/Red Eye, Ruwei
Then defence has Joshua (sort of), Sisco (hardly that impressive), and maybe Boa but we haven’t seen much from him

What does everyone think about this? Do you reckon there’s a lack of strong defensive bladers in burst?
Yeah, and defence is my favourite type! Can't wait to see boa more, the battle with sR was impressive
(Nov. 21, 2017  8:39 AM)Beatlynx27 Wrote: Yeah, and defence is my favourite type! Can't wait to see boa more, the battle with sR was impressive

Defence is my favourite too! Hopefully boa can put in some more impressive performances and maybe crack top 5 by the end of the season
I prefer using stationary attack, but I also like defence
I don't really understand stationary attack because how do you attack without moving? Other than counterattacking
(Nov. 22, 2017  5:41 AM)Beatlynx27 Wrote: I don't really understand stationary attack because how do you attack without moving? Other than counterattacking

Basically, ridiculous amounts of recoil so that you don't need to move to send the opponent flying and heavy weight to stop yourself from flying out.

So it's like an Attack/Defense balance type
(Nov. 22, 2017  5:41 AM)Beatlynx27 Wrote: I don't really understand stationary attack because how do you attack without moving? Other than counterattacking

like Mono said, high recoil and high weight like say something like sX.7/0?B.R instead of things like lS.7M.X
Yeah I always feel like they care less about Defense types over the other two, there was no defensive spin emperor and Kreis Satan is the only major defense type starter so far. There's not even one of those major no framed big releases like sX, lS or dF.

Sure Josh is in Top 5 but honestly, he doesn't feel that Top 5 worthy to me.
(Nov. 22, 2017  12:52 PM)Jinbee Wrote: Yeah I always feel like they care less about Defense types over the other two, there was no defensive spin emperor and Kreis Satan is the only major defense type starter so far. There's not even one of those major no framed big releases like sX, lS or dF.

Sure Josh is in Top 5 but honestly, he doesn't feel that Top 5 worthy to me.

Even balance (which should arguably be the most under-represented) has a great blader in Shu and a Josh level blader in Ruwei.... poor defense types always get ignored Unhappy
I know he isn't that good but Wakiya is also a defense blader.
Gabe Brunai is a defensive blader with his Swing Shoot and Swing Counter.
Wakiya was a potential defence emperor but due to Valt being the up and coming star he was overlooked
(Nov. 23, 2017  1:38 AM)Bersilus Wrote: Wakiya was a potential defence emperor but due to Valt being the up and coming star he was overlooked

Gabe Brunai had countering ability to rival that of Wakiya's with similar stamina and stronger defense. Since he was only a side character, he didn't get the wins and fights he deserved. Wakiya still was a defense emperor, just not recognized due to Shu and Valt both beating him.
(Nov. 23, 2017  1:42 AM)dt1000 Wrote:
(Nov. 23, 2017  1:38 AM)Bersilus Wrote: Wakiya was a potential defence emperor but due to Valt being the up and coming star he was overlooked

Gabe Brunai had countering ability to rival that of Wakiya's with similar stamina and stronger defense. Since he was only a side character, he didn't get the wins and fights he deserved. Wakiya still was a defense emperor,  just not recognized due to Shu and Valt both beating him.

Yeah. He was the "sacrifice" because plot. 

My friend did manage to use wild wyvern to a 2nd place in G3 tournament and top 16 for a G2
(Nov. 23, 2017  1:46 AM)Bersilus Wrote:
(Nov. 23, 2017  1:42 AM)dt1000 Wrote: Gabe Brunai had countering ability to rival that of Wakiya's with similar stamina and stronger defense. Since he was only a side character, he didn't get the wins and fights he deserved. Wakiya still was a defense emperor,  just not recognized due to Shu and Valt both beating him.

Yeah. He was the "sacrifice" because plot. 

My friend did manage to use wild wyvern to a 2nd place in G3 tournament and top 16 for a G2

Whoa, they must be pretty good.
(Nov. 23, 2017  1:55 AM)dt1000 Wrote:
(Nov. 23, 2017  1:46 AM)Bersilus Wrote: Yeah. He was the "sacrifice" because plot. 

Whoa, they must be pretty good.

He does a lot of testing and training with me haha
(Nov. 22, 2017  10:37 PM)dt1000 Wrote: Gabe Brunai is a defensive blader with his Swing Shoot and Swing Counter.
isn't g2 balance?
(Nov. 23, 2017  2:44 AM)Beatlynx27 Wrote:
(Nov. 22, 2017  10:37 PM)dt1000 Wrote: Gabe Brunai is a defensive blader with his Swing Shoot and Swing Counter.
isn't g2 balance?

It is, but it's signature wobble and design create powerful attack and defense.
(Nov. 23, 2017  2:55 AM)dt1000 Wrote:
(Nov. 23, 2017  2:44 AM)Beatlynx27 Wrote: isn't g2 balance?

It is, but it's signature wobble and design create powerful attack and defense.

If it is good at defense and attack, then he isn't a defense blader, he's a balance blader.
(Nov. 23, 2017  4:43 AM)ptf606 Wrote:
(Nov. 23, 2017  2:55 AM)dt1000 Wrote: It is, but it's signature wobble and design create powerful attack and defense.

If it is good at defense and attack, then he isn't a defense blader, he's a balance blader.

He is balance, but he is good at defense, which is why I mentioned it.
Isn't  W2 really bad? So how did he win 2nd at a G3?
(Dec. 08, 2017  6:01 AM)Dragunix Wrote: Isn't  W2 really bad? So how did he win 2nd at a G3?

W2 could be good at times
(Dec. 08, 2017  6:01 AM)Dragunix Wrote: Isn't  W2 really bad? So how did he win 2nd at a G3?

Crazy amounts of battles and practice to know exact behaviour of his wild wyvern and how to counter the opponent's bey

His wild wyvern combo bursted my god valkyrie quite a few times! Smile
What combo?