Defense Strategy

espio Wrote:Thanks I was just double checking.

Anything over 4 is illegal. And I think using 3 is illegal as well.
As far I'm aware illegal in Beyblade terms is:

Anything that has had parts added to it that did not come out of the box.

Or something along those lines anyway.
espio Wrote:As far I'm aware illegal in Beyblade terms is:

I guess customization is illegal then! Lips_sealed
Tamer Brad Wrote:
espio Wrote:As far I'm aware illegal in Beyblade terms is:

I guess customization is illegal then! Lips_sealed
Pinching_eyes_2
I think a certain amount of interperetation would be prudent here.
Not that it wasn't put in overly simplistic terms to the point of appearing inaccurate, but a little analysis is enough to understand what's being said.
I never really figured this out. Is using no balls legal?
Composer of Requiems Wrote:I never really figured this out. Is using no balls legal?

I don't think so.
Tamer Brad Wrote:
Composer of Requiems Wrote:I never really figured this out. Is using no balls legal?

I don't think so.

Then again, why would some one do that?

EDIT: Unless he or she loses the balls... Confused
Z Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:

I don't think so.

Lesser weight. Possibly, if opponent assumes you will be using SG Metal Ball base primarily as a defencer, while it is instead set to be more of survival...
I think it is illeagl. I don't remember where I got that from though. Isn't that like not using a sub ring?
Can be debatable I suppose, but don't see why it would be...it just makes the blade worse.

I didn't know how else to type the example, but most people would understand what I meant.
espio Wrote:Can be debatable I suppose, but don't see why it would be...it just makes the blade worse.

I didn't know how else to type the example, but most people would understand what I meant.

It's still worth talking about. Pretty sure it's illegal to use no metal balls though.
Composer of Requiems Wrote:
Z Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:

I don't think so.

Lesser weight. Possibly, if opponent assumes you will be using SG Metal Ball base primarily as a defencer, while it is instead set to be more of survival...

Pardon me, but do you mean lighter beyblades have greater endurance? This is the first time I am hearing this.
Z Wrote:
Z Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:

I don't think so.

Pardon me, but do you mean lighter beyblades have greater endurance? This is the first time I am hearing this.

Generally, most survival-type Beyblades are quite light, yes.
Z Wrote:Pardon me, but do you mean lighter beyblades have greater endurance? This is the first time I am hearing this.

It's not so much of lighter Beyblades having greater endurance, but lightness does help a little since it reduces the friction against the surface.

By the way, do you take physics in school?
Z Wrote:
Z Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:

I don't think so.

I think you are mistaking spinning longer for spinning faster.
So without the bearings it will spin longer, but if the bearings are added then it will spin faster (have a fast spin velocity).
espio Wrote:So without the bearings it will spin longer, but if the bearings are added then it will spin faster (have a fast spin velocity).

Hmm ... not necessarily. To be honest, I can't imagine not using the balls would have any positive effect at all. I think Composer was just trying to think of any possible justification, but realistically it weighs so little it it would be knocked around or off balance far too easily.
That is understandable...however, that theory would also apply to alot of Endruance Beyblades would it not?[/i]
espio Wrote:That is understandable...however, that theory would also apply to alot of Endruance Beyblades would it not?[/i]

I don't think so.

The metal ball bases are designed to be used with at least two-balls ... if you notice, they are hollow in a lot of places. This is because the bulk of the weight is in the metal balls. Without them, they become really light, terribly balanced bases.

Survival Beyblades don't have the best balance or heaviest weight but it's nothing in comparison to how poorly a metal ball BB with no metal balls would perform.
Z Wrote:Pardon me, but do you mean lighter beyblades have greater endurance? This is the first time I am hearing this.

It's not so much of lighter Beyblades having greater endurance, but lightness does help a little since it reduces the friction against the surface.

Yea, I did took physics in school, but I was taught that the weight of the object would not affect the frictional force acting on it.
Z Wrote:

Yea, I did took physics in school, but I was taught that the weight of the object would not affect the frictional force acting on it.

What level of physics did you take? Surely you learnt that it's proportional to the normal force acting on the tip in response to its weight?
Z Wrote:

What level of physics did you take? Surely you learnt that it's proportional to the normal force acting on the tip in response to its weight?

Well, I think I did not learn that at all. Anyway, thanks for the information.
I see. Then, I would assume you've dropped physics by now? You look like a JC student to me.
Won't a greater amount of weight also make it harder for it to spin-steal effectively?
King of Darkness Wrote:Won't a greater amount of weight also make it harder for it to spin-steal effectively?

Yes.