Defence, Attack, Endurance, Combination blades

I'd like to know about this Whale Attacker/Fin Tector Combo, please Smile
IIRC, it was:

AR: Whale Attacker
WD: 10-Heavy
SG: Right SG shells, DZ S casings with Wolborg 2 shaft (tip worn out)
SP: Fin Tector (spikes facing right, so it lines up with the AR)
BB: Double Bearing

Fixed Wb2 shaft with a worn out tip has crazy movement speed. Pair it up with this AR and SPs smash attack potencial, and you have one of the strongest attackers from the plastic gen. Used mostly for OHKO, although the rubber tip doesn't let it get knocked back from recoil as much as with other OHKO combos. Still needs to pull it off within the first few seconds of the match because it dies out fast.
If you want to use it though, be sure to stock up on Whale Attacker ARs, since they break easily, especialy when used for this combo.

There was also another version, using Zeus CG with Wb2 shaft (it's a really tight fit in the BB, you have to force the casings).
King of Darkness Wrote:
Composer of Requiems Wrote:
King of Darkness Wrote:
King of Darkness Wrote:Well, Draciel F's BB is a piece of carp

But it's really fun to put a bearing2 shaft with bearing core casings in it and surprise people who don't know better =P
Yes, but it's still a waste of a BB when you could use such things as Customize Grip instead for this case. Performance will always be worse (both defensively and in endurance) with something as edgy and of low balance as Fortress Base.
And in any case, I was refering to Draciel F's BB as used in his combos, uncustomized without any other bearing shafts. What would really surprise me the most, would be seeing an experienced player using this BB with anything other than Bearing Shaft 2 (don't even bother with the pure endurance ones on this). In a match, I'd guess they should be able to tell something's up, even if they don't catch sight of the tip before.

And in this case I was talking about attack power.
Which again, we have better choices for. I mean, it's not even fixed like with Double Bearing BB using DZ S casings...
My bad, I remembered the wrong shaft/casing combination for fixed.

Blade12 Wrote:
Quote:But it's really fun to put a bearing2 shaft with bearing core casings in it and surprise people who don't know better =P

I stuck a wolborg tip in Draciel F’s BB yesterday. Is that what you’re talking about?
Nope. That's for survival, I'm referring to attacking.

Blade12 Wrote:
Quote:The third customization has much better usage.

Anyway, it's really hard to determine the capability of a Beyblade by battling them all against each other and seeing which wins the most. Beyblade ranking is not a direct ladder, it's an interlocking web. Something which may win a lot may only be winning because it's in a good situation to win.

Why does it keep losing then? To some other blades too…and I tried different stadiums.

What mode are you using it in?

King of Darkness Wrote:Forgot Dragoon V2's rubber tip fit in it as well (Hasbro Wolborg 3 does too, not sure if there're other attacking tips that fit, that's all I have), but Fortress Base just seems too bulky for this.

Oh damn I forgot that too. That's a much better solution XD

Hmm yeah, it's bulky. The idea is that you pile on as much weight as possible on it, increase tip friction as much as possible...

King of Darkness Wrote:IIRC, it was:

AR: Whale Attacker
WD: 10-Heavy
SG: Right SG shells, DZ S casings with Wolborg 2 shaft (tip worn out)
SP: Fin Tector (spikes facing right, so it lines up with the AR)
BB: Double Bearing

Fixed Wb2 shaft with a worn out tip has crazy movement speed. Pair it up with this AR and SPs smash attack potencial, and you have one of the strongest attackers from the plastic gen. Used mostly for OHKO, although the rubber tip doesn't let it get knocked back from recoil as much as with other OHKO combos. Still needs to pull it off within the first few seconds of the match because it dies out fast.
If you want to use it though, be sure to stock up on Whale Attacker ARs, since they break easily, especialy when used for this combo.

There was also another version, using Zeus CG with Wb2 shaft (it's a really tight fit in the BB, you have to force the casings).

I love people still remembering my combos <3

One important point though. AR has to be the dark blue edition and base has to be black, otherwise it doesn't look good. It doesn't have to be worn down, it still attacks like a demon while relatively sharp, and in fact it's slightly more controlled I believe. Easier to aim with while banking.
G Wrote:Change the BB of the 3rd combo to something that's can give it more weight like Metal Ball Defenser's or even a SG Semi-Flat.

Customize Grip= Dragoon V2's BB
bearing shafts= Any SG with a spin free tip in it
Bearing Shaft 2= Wolborg 2's SG
Double Bearing BB using DZ S casings= Either Burning Kerberous's BB with Dranzer S's spin free shaft or either Burning Kerberous's BB and Shaft with just the outside casing of Dranzer S

Yeah, auto's base felt really light.
King of Darkness Wrote:
Blade12 Wrote:
King of Darkness Wrote:Well, Draciel F's BB is a piece of carp, so I'm not surprised it lost to the ACB combo. The AR choices weren't very good either, even if you don't factor in how sucky the BB is. None of the 2 is really better.
What type of combo are you aiming for to build?
No, the ACB combo lost to Draciel F's bb.
For the Draciel F base, a defense type.
Use Draciel S BB instead with 4 metal balls, or 2 with HMC. Use Wide Defense WD, or if you don't have it, MG WD. For the AR you need something more defensive as well, so try both Tiger Defenser and Upper Dragoon (from Driger S and Kid Dragoon respectively).

About the Double Bearing BB and DZ S casings, I meant it using Wolborg 2 shaft, since DZ S casings are small enough so that the tip of the shaft gets stuck between the opening of the BB, thus staying fixed. You know, like in Composer's old Whale Attacker/Fin Tector combo.

Also, concerning Fortress Base, I was just checking and Wb2 shaft can be used with Wb1 casings to be fixed, so yeah, it could be used with it for an attacker, although I'd still stick with the Double Bearing one since it's lighter and lower. Forgot Dragoon V2's rubber tip fit in it as well (Hasbro Wolborg 3 does too, not sure if there're other attacking tips that fit, that's all I have), but Fortress Base just seems too bulky for this.

What's HMC? Draciel S instead of F or instead of Auto? How many corners does wide defence have?

I don't get the second paragraph.
What are 'casings' in general?
Blade12 Wrote:
Quote:But it's really fun to put a bearing2 shaft with bearing core casings in it and surprise people who don't know better =P

I stuck a wolborg tip in Draciel F’s BB yesterday. Is that what you’re talking about?
Quote:Nope. That's for survival, I'm referring to attacking.

Is wolborg tip in fortress base better or metal ball in fortress base better?

Blade12 Wrote:
Quote:The third customization has much better usage.

Anyway, it's really hard to determine the capability of a Beyblade by battling them all against each other and seeing which wins the most. Beyblade ranking is not a direct ladder, it's an interlocking web. Something which may win a lot may only be winning because it's in a good situation to win.

Why does it keep losing then? To some other blades too…and I tried different stadiums.

Quote:What mode are you using it in?

Tip out.

Quote:One important point though. AR has to be the dark blue edition and base has to be black, otherwise it doesn't look good. It doesn't have to be worn down, it still attacks like a demon while relatively sharp, and in fact it's slightly more controlled I believe. Easier to aim with while banking.

The looks doesn't affect the blade.
HMC is Heavy Metal Core. You get it from Takara's Metal Driger.
Wide Defense is completely round with notches all over it. It has no corners.
Casings ... do you really not know? It's the case that you put the SG Core into.

Use Draciel S's BB.

As to why it keeps losing, what are you fighting it against? Wolborg MS is an amazing Beyblade, but use it in a Type S stadium and it gets destroyed. There is very few universally useful Beyblades.
Blade12 Wrote:What are 'casings' in general?
[Image: Shortshaft.jpg]
The innermost thing is the shaft. The outer part is the casing. The cylindrical thing separating them is the bearing.

Blade12 Wrote:Is wolborg tip in fortress base better or metal ball in fortress base better?[/color]
Quote:One important point though. AR has to be the dark blue edition and base has to be black, otherwise it doesn't look good. It doesn't have to be worn down, it still attacks like a demon while relatively sharp, and in fact it's slightly more controlled I believe. Easier to aim with while banking.

Generally, I would say Wolborg.

Looks affect in this case, because in the original concept for this particular beyblade, one of the criteria was that it had to look good. It's more than functioning well, but also to be aesthetically appealing on display and in the stadium.
Tamer Brad Wrote:HMC is Heavy Metal Core. You get it from Takara's Metal Driger.
Wide Defense is completely round with notches all over it. It has no corners.
Casings ... do you really not know? It's the case that you put the SG Core into.

Use Draciel S's BB.

As to why it keeps losing, what are you fighting it against? Wolborg MS is an amazing Beyblade, but use it in a Type S stadium and it gets destroyed. There is very few universally useful Beyblades.

Is wide Defence similar to 10 wide in size? You mean the thing that the small metal ring goes into?

I'm fighting it against

AR:Vortex ape
WD: 10 Balance
BB: Draciel F

I switched the AR to flame Pegasus and it still lost. Lost to both.
The auto combo feels light.
What's a type S stadium?

I used the Driger Den and some fake clear stadium to test.
Blade12 Wrote:What are 'casings' in general?
[Image: Shortshaft.jpg]
The innermost thing is the shaft. The outer part is the casing. The cylindrical thing separating them is the bearing.

Blade12 Wrote:Is wolborg tip in fortress base better or metal ball in fortress base better?[/color]

Generally, I would say Wolborg.

Looks affect in this case, because in the original concept for this particular beyblade, one of the criteria was that it had to look good. It's more than functioning well, but also to be aesthetically appealing on display and in the stadium.

Oh. Casing is the spin gear. The part you can see when it's all closed up.

Is that color of plastic stronger? Looks does affect the blade, but I bet it doesn't affect it's performance. Unless the opponent doesn't launch as well when staring at a blade of particular color.
Blade12 Wrote:Is wide Defence similar to 10 wide in size? You mean the thing that the small metal ring goes into?

I'm fighting it against

What's a type S stadium?

Similar in size, but completely opposite in function.

That combo is ... really awful.
Tamer Brad Wrote:
Blade12 Wrote:Is wide Defence similar to 10 wide in size? You mean the thing that the small metal ring goes into?

I'm fighting it against

What's a type S stadium?

Similar in size, but completely opposite in function.

That combo is ... really awful.

Yeah yeah, I know. Then why did it beat the auto combo?
Because the Auto combo isn't suited to fight it.
Blade12 Wrote:Is that color of plastic stronger? Looks does affect the blade, but I bet it doesn't affect it's performance. Unless the opponent doesn't launch as well when staring at a blade of particular color.

Do you not have a sense of aesthetic in you? Where is your artistic soul? =P
Tamer Brad Wrote:Because the Auto combo isn't suited to fight it.
Then
What's Draciel F combo suited to fight?
And what's the Auto combo suited to fight?
Blade12 Wrote:Is that color of plastic stronger? Looks does affect the blade, but I bet it doesn't affect it's performance. Unless the opponent doesn't launch as well when staring at a blade of particular color.

Do you not have a sense of aesthetic in you? Where is your artistic soul? =P

Dark blue and Black is kind of dull.=P
Blade12 Wrote:
Then
The Draciel F combo, even if it's defense isn't the best, would be meant to take on attackers. The Auto combo, would take on endurancers and other light weight combos, while in attack mode. I bet the Draciel F BB combo would be loosing if it was in a Takara stadium suited for attackers though (attackers don't do well in Hasbro stadiums).

Like I mentioned before, just use Draciel S BB instead for the defense combo, change AR (V. Ape's has more smash than defensive properties) and either use MG WD or 10-Heavy if you can't get Wide Defense. And assuming you don't have HMC, use an MG core.
Thanks King, I really need to remember to recommend MG WD as an alternative. I would love to see some tests with it.
King of Darkness Wrote:
Blade12 Wrote:
Then
The Draciel F combo, even if it's defense isn't the best, would be meant to take on attackers. The Auto combo, would take on endurancers and other light weight combos, while in attack mode. I bet the Draciel F BB combo would be loosing if it was in a Takara stadium suited for attackers though (attackers don't do well in Hasbro stadiums).

Like I mentioned before, just use Draciel S BB instead for the defense combo, change AR (V. Ape's has more smash than defensive properties) and either use MG WD or 10-Heavy if you can't get Wide Defense. And assuming you don't have HMC, use an MG core.

Heh king i really like this combo you came up with i think that i will make it and do some test with it. O and one more thing like would Draciel Metal Ball Defense BB be good with this combo with 4 balls in its BB?
Dranzer206 Wrote:Heh king i really like this combo you came up with i think that i will make it and do some test with it. O and one more thing like would Draciel Metal Ball Defense BB be good with this combo with 4 balls in its BB?

It won't be bad, but Draciel S would be better for defense.
ok Brad well i will give it a try heh