Defence, Attack, Endurance, Combination blades

Blade12 Wrote:I always thought heavys sucked since they're so small.

Someone teach him about this, I'm tired.
Composer of Requiems Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:I don't remember how to get the tip to stay out, but if I recall you just have to turn the SG a certain way before placing the AR on ...

Turning the attack ring slightly loose helps. Not all the way, just slightly. I'll go find it and take a picture later.

Ok I've found it

[Image: autochange.jpg]
Left: Fully turned
Right: turned for permanent sharp

Small but heavier than the others. Hold it in your hand and compare the weight.

Do you learn basic physics where you come from? If you do then I won't bother to explain further...

They are smaller and more heavy. This means they make your beyblade have a higher spin velocity than if you put a 10 Wide or something. There are many uses for this sort of thing. Read Brad's article on Compact types.
http://beywiki.com/index.php?title=Compact#Weight_Disks
Tamer Brad Wrote:I don't remember how to get the tip to stay out, but if I recall you just have to turn the SG a certain way before placing the AR on ...

Turning the attack ring slightly loose helps. Not all the way, just slightly. I'll go find it and take a picture later.

Ok I've found it

[Image: autochange.jpg]
Left: Fully turned
Right: turned for permanent sharp

Small but heavier than the others. Hold it in your hand and compare the weight.

Do you learn basic physics where you come from? If you do then I won't bother to explain further...

When I make it permanent sharp, you can see part of the weight disk, like the one on the left. The launcher won’t fit unless I turn the AR loose. The AR of right picture doesn’t line up with the spin gear. That’s how mine is and you can’t attach a bit chip because of that. Also, the AR can easily come off…

It’s a bit heavier, not much of a difference.
I know big heavy weight disks are good, but small?
The small heavy weight at a small point will drag the blade down and make it fall over faster. If you stand on one leg you’re more likely to fall over than two cause all the weight is on one leg.
Please explain.
Blade12 Wrote:When I make it permanent sharp, you can see part of the weight disk, like the one on the left. The launcher won’t fit unless I turn the AR loose. The AR of right picture doesn’t line up with the spin gear. That’s how mine is and you can’t attach a bit chip because of that. Also, the AR can easily come off…

It’s a bit heavier, not much of a difference.
The small heavy weight at a small point will drag the blade down and make it fall over faster. If you stand on one leg you’re more likely to fall over than two cause all the weight is on one leg.
Please explain.

That comparison has nothing to do with the weight of the WD.

The heavy WD is the heaviest WDs, and it's small for a reason.
If the weight is concentrated towards the center, the blade will have a higher spin velocity. I don't know why, exactly, but here is something that might be convincing (if you don't understand physics, and hell, I haven't had my second year of physics yet)

spin around with your hands stretched out, and while spinning, pull your arms in and hug yourself. You'll spin faster.
Blade12 Wrote:When I make it permanent sharp, you can see part of the weight disk, like the one on the left. The launcher won’t fit unless I turn the AR loose. The AR of right picture doesn’t line up with the spin gear. That’s how mine is and you can’t attach a bit chip because of that. Also, the AR can easily come off…

Yes, it should be loose. But it should not easily come out. If it comes out too easily, use a bit of lacquer/transparent spraypaint/sticker to tighten slightly.

I can attach bitchip with this, but in any case, do you really need a bitchip?

Blade12 Wrote:It’s a bit heavier, not much of a difference.
Please explain.
Give me a while, I'll work it out and scan it to send to you.

Edit: Here. Hope you can read my handwriting. I've never been known for my tidyness.
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x67/f...C03189.jpg
I'm using this particular approach, but there's many ways to show it, just that I'm a lazy bugger. If Spinster's still around I suppose he could point out other ways if he feels like it.

Your point is a different case scenario. What you're telling me is that if your beyblade has a wider base it will be more stable, which is fairly true, since I've often seen my Gaia Dragoon V or DragoonMSUV come to a complete stop still standing up, rather than toppling over. In this case, the analogy should be that a spinning fat person is more likely to topple than a spinning thin person, given that they weigh about the same. It can be easily demonstrated practically and theoretically.

Elmo Wrote:spin around with your hands stretched out, and while spinning, pull your arms in and hug yourself. You'll spin faster.
I don't really like to use that explanation much, since although it demonstrates the concept well, the Beyblade doesn't really decrease in size during battle (in general).
Cye Kinomiya Wrote:They are smaller and more heavy. This means they make your beyblade have a higher spin velocity than if you put a 10 Wide or something. There are many uses for this sort of thing. Read Brad's article on Compact types.
http://beywiki.com/index.php?title=Compact#Weight_Disks

Wow. That article is amazing. Gasp

Elmo Wrote:spin around with your hands stretched out, and while spinning, pull your arms in and hug yourself. You'll spin faster.
Yeah. That made me dizzy. It's faster, but still more likely to fall over...
I really didn't know how the explain it XD
Composer of Requiems Wrote:I can attach bitchip with this, but in any case, do you really need a bitchip?
Composer of Requiems Wrote:Edit: Here. Hope you can read my handwriting. I've never been known for my tidyness.
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x67/f...C03189.jpg
I'm using this particular approach, but there's many ways to show it, just that I'm a lazy bugger. If Spinster's still around I suppose he could point out other ways if he feels like it.

Your point is a different case scenario. What you're telling me is that if your beyblade has a wider base it will be more stable, which is fairly true, since I've often seen my Gaia Dragoon V or DragoonMSUV come to a complete stop still standing up, rather than toppling over. In this case, the analogy should be that a spinning fat person is more likely to topple than a spinning thin person, given that they weigh about the same. It can be easily demonstrated practically and theoretically.

It’s kind of blurry and I don’t get the math.
I think a spinning thin person is more likely to topple. Now that I think about it, my point is a different case. Lets say there are two rectangular sticks, one fat, one thin. The thin one will topple easier because the weight isn't distributed. But that’s because the rectangle remains the same thinness or fatness from top to bottom, so in that case the thin one will topple, like the thin person since a person is kind of the same from top to bottom. A Beyblade however, is large at the top and gets smaller as it goes to the bottom…so weight in the center will make it stable since weight in the center along with the rest of the center does not get fatter or thinner from top to bottom? But weight not in the center, like outside the center, will weigh it down since there’s nothing under the non-ceneter outer weight to support it?

I can go without a bit chip but it looks nicer with one. I have a new reason for a bit chip now. It’ll add more weight to the center!
Blade12, we've stated several times the advantages of Heavy-style WDs. I wish you wouldn't argue.

And there aren't any large, heavy WDs.
Don’t think of it as arguing. I want someone to explain to me why I’m wrong so that things will be clearer.

The fake ones. A blade with a large heavy weight disk always beats one without one. I know it’s illegal, just using it as an example.
Lots of people explained it already. Did you read the linked Compacts article?
Blade12 Wrote:It’s kind of blurry and I don’t get the math.
I think a spinning thin person is more likely to topple. Now that I think about it, my point is a different case. Lets say there are two rectangular sticks, one fat, one thin. The thin one will topple easier because the weight isn't distributed. But that’s because the rectangle remains the same thinness or fatness from top to bottom, so in that case the thin one will topple, like the thin person since a person is kind of the same from top to bottom. A Beyblade however, is large at the top and gets smaller as it goes to the bottom…so weight in the center will make it stable since weight in the center along with the rest of the center does not get fatter or thinner from top to bottom? But weight not in the center, like outside the center, will weigh it down since there’s nothing under the non-ceneter outer weight to support it?

I can go without a bit chip but it looks nicer with one. I have a new reason for a bit chip now. It’ll add more weight to the center![/color]

That's because it's a person who is limited by the capabilities of the flesh and you are having the misconception that thin people are tall.

About the Beyblade, you are neglecting the effect of superposition.

[Image: Untitled-7.jpg]

You can break the beyblade down into many infinitesimal bits, each with the small amount of mass dm. Since all of them have similar mass, by symmetry, the net torque exerted about the center of mass equates to 0. Thus it tends not to fall over. Tilting is a result of precession, not of the weight distribution, unless the beyblade has a severe production defect. That's why tops are symmetrical.
Which is better?
AR:Vortex ape
WD: 10 Balance
BB: Draciel F

or

AR:Flame Pegasus

AR: War Lion (Galeon)
WD: 10-Heavy
BB: Auto Change Base

lost to the above. (Flame Pegasus AR, didn't test the other)
Well, Draciel F's BB is a piece of carp, so I'm not surprised it lost to the ACB combo. The AR choices weren't very good either, even if you don't factor in how sucky the BB is. None of the 2 is really better.
What type of combo are you aiming for to build?
King of Darkness Wrote:Well, Draciel F's BB is a piece of carp

But it's really fun to put a bearing2 shaft with bearing core casings in it and surprise people who don't know better =P

Blade12 Wrote:Which is better?
AR:Vortex ape

or

AR:Flame Pegasus

AR: War Lion (Galeon)
WD: 10-Heavy
BB: Auto Change Base

lost to the above. (Flame Pegasus AR, didn't test the other)
The third customization has much better usage.

Anyway, it's really hard to determine the capability of a Beyblade by battling them all against each other and seeing which wins the most. Beyblade ranking is not a direct ladder, it's an interlocking web. Something which may win a lot may only be winning because it's in a good situation to win.

But it's really fun to put a bearing2 shaft with bearing core casings in it and surprise people who don't know better =P
Yes, but it's still a waste of a BB when you could use such things as Customize Grip instead for this case. Performance will always be worse (both defensively and in endurance) with something as edgy and of low balance as Fortress Base.
And in any case, I was refering to Draciel F's BB as used in his combos, uncustomized without any other bearing shafts. What would really surprise me the most, would be seeing an experienced player using this BB with anything other than Bearing Shaft 2 (don't even bother with the pure endurance ones on this). In a match, I'd guess they should be able to tell something's up, even if they don't catch sight of the tip before.
King of Darkness Wrote:Well, Draciel F's BB is a piece of carp ...
The little pot of grease it came with (Takara) that you were suppose to apply to the ball bearing made it worse still.
King of Darkness Wrote:

Yes, but it's still a waste of a BB when you could use such things as Customize Grip instead for this case. Performance will always be worse (both defensively and in endurance) with something as edgy and of low balance as Fortress Base.
And in any case, I was refering to Draciel F's BB as used in his combos, uncustomized without any other bearing shafts. What would really surprise me the most, would be seeing an experienced player using this BB with anything other than Bearing Shaft 2 (don't even bother with the pure endurance ones on this). In a match, I'd guess they should be able to tell something's up, even if they don't catch sight of the tip before.

And in this case I was talking about attack power.
King of Darkness Wrote:

And in this case I was talking about attack power.
Which again, we have better choices for. I mean, it's not even fixed like with Double Bearing BB using DZ S casings...
King of Darkness Wrote:Well, Draciel F's BB is a piece of carp, so I'm not surprised it lost to the ACB combo. The AR choices weren't very good either, even if you don't factor in how sucky the BB is. None of the 2 is really better.

No, the ACB combo lost to Draciel F's bb.
For the Draciel F base, a defense type.
Quote:But it's really fun to put a bearing2 shaft with bearing core casings in it and surprise people who don't know better =P

I stuck a wolborg tip in Draciel F’s BB yesterday. Is that what you’re talking about?

Quote:The third customization has much better usage.

Anyway, it's really hard to determine the capability of a Beyblade by battling them all against each other and seeing which wins the most. Beyblade ranking is not a direct ladder, it's an interlocking web. Something which may win a lot may only be winning because it's in a good situation to win.

Why does it keep losing then? To some other blades too…and I tried different stadiums.
Whats?

Customize Grip
bearing shafts
Bearing Shaft 2
Double Bearing BB using DZ S casings...
Change the BB of the 3rd combo to something that's can give it more weight like Metal Ball Defenser's or even a SG Semi-Flat.

Customize Grip= Dragoon V2's BB
bearing shafts= Any SG with a spin free tip in it
Bearing Shaft 2= Wolborg 2's SG
Double Bearing BB using DZ S casings= Either Burning Kerberous's BB with Dranzer S's spin free shaft or either Burning Kerberous's BB and Shaft with just the outside casing of Dranzer S
Blade12 Wrote:
King of Darkness Wrote:Well, Draciel F's BB is a piece of carp, so I'm not surprised it lost to the ACB combo. The AR choices weren't very good either, even if you don't factor in how sucky the BB is. None of the 2 is really better.
No, the ACB combo lost to Draciel F's bb.
For the Draciel F base, a defense type.
Use Draciel S BB instead with 4 metal balls, or 2 with HMC. Use Wide Defense WD, or if you don't have it, MG WD. For the AR you need something more defensive as well, so try both Tiger Defenser and Upper Dragoon (from Driger S and Kid Dragoon respectively).

About the Double Bearing BB and DZ S casings, I meant it using Wolborg 2 shaft, since DZ S casings are small enough so that the tip of the shaft gets stuck between the opening of the BB, thus staying fixed. You know, like in Composer's old Whale Attacker/Fin Tector combo.

Also, concerning Fortress Base, I was just checking and Wb2 shaft can be used with Wb1 casings to be fixed, so yeah, it could be used with it for an attacker, although I'd still stick with the Double Bearing one since it's lighter and lower. Forgot Dragoon V2's rubber tip fit in it as well (Hasbro Wolborg 3 does too, not sure if there're other attacking tips that fit, that's all I have), but Fortress Base just seems too bulky for this.