Deception tactics in tournaments

Poll: Do you think deception is important in tournaments?

Yes
55.84%
Sorta/ Yes and No
28.57%
No
11.69%
Not sure/Undecided
3.90%
Total: 100% 154 vote(s)
(Feb. 06, 2011  12:01 AM)toatanu Wrote:
(Jan. 30, 2011  4:20 AM)Ultimate Wrote: I can just imagine someone bragging
'Yeah i'm gonna smash you I got Vulcan and im using 85 RF yeah go and try to make the best defensive bey you can bring it' lol then you use stamina and then see the opponent hasn't fallen for your trick and uses attack lol.

There's always triple-crossing... Just brag so much your opponent thinks that you're trying to trick them, then whip out the bey you're bragging about, or just use a balance type.

My thoughts exactly. Trick people by not tricking them.
Hmmm.....use a WBBA limited edition face so noobs won't know what bey it is from afar.Use recolors of useful parts, like the Bull recolors from RBV3, RF and CS recolors from RBV6 or RS from Perseus URS.Another one is that you could use Dark Wolf as a "display" bey, then change it to something else. Or try recoloring your metal wheels....

And I know how to counter "Covering beys".

For example, Player A Entered MF Lightning L-Drago 90RF, MF-H Earth Bull GB145RS and Burn Bull 85WD. Player B enters MF Vulcan Horuseus 85R2F, MF-H Libra 230RS (I know it's banned, this is just an example) and Burn Kerbecs AD145WD. Player A covers his bey. Player B sees Player A has MF Lightning L-Drago 90RF and Burn Bull 85WD not used. So that means Player A is using a defense type. So Player B makes a smart choice and picks Burn Kerbecs AD145WD. Then Player B wins.
I tell them I am using this bey and use another and they just lost as they never think you are cheating and when they know you are cheating use the bey you said that you will use.
we can say that we have only one bey! type dark Gasher ch 120 fs!at 50% will use a combo weak the opponent and then exit your best combos!!
I to agree upon and difficult deceive the enemy! you must understand bluffing!
(I'm italian)
(Feb. 06, 2011  11:06 AM)X1 Wrote: I tell them I am using this bey and use another and they just lost as they never think you are cheating and when they know you are cheating use the bey you said that you will use.

It's not cheating, it's very legal, you just have to recognize it.
(Feb. 06, 2011  11:06 AM)X1 Wrote: I tell them I am using this bey and use another and they just lost as they never think you are cheating and when they know you are cheating use the bey you said that you will use.

adding to what Megablader9 has said, it's very easy to get over this: if I were to pick my beyblade first, keep it hidden, and not change it, your tactic can have no effect on my choice.
what about maybe using the bey belt clips then you have your beys hidden and nobody know what you are going to use or sometimes when im just walking to somewhere i keep my bey on my laucher in my pocket those are good ways
i can tell the difference between every part, so if i use this ill deceive my opponents and ill know their bey Smug
I surpose the aurora ray unicorno's clear (clear rubber) would help in this tactic as they would think it's a D but it looks like one but it's a cs
1: Buy A Deploy Case.
2: Open Case, tape bottom part of Earth Bull 145RS ( invisible tape plz)
3: Go to tournament with deploy case closed.
4: Secretly Open the case so it hangs out ( it doesnt fall because of tape)
Use A different Beyblade Such as Dark Cancer, make sure to move around to make attention with Deploy Case.
5: Other Person uses Stamina Type
6: Whip out MF Vulcan Horuseus 85RF ( RF J.I.C)

The End.
(Feb. 07, 2011  3:30 AM)Soysaucexp Wrote: 1: Buy A Deploy Case.
Use A different Beyblade Such as Dark Cancer, make sure to move around to make attention with Deploy Case.

The End.

Yeah and self KO yourself 3 times because you are focused on deceiving and not playing the game.
(Feb. 07, 2011  9:03 AM)BladeStorm Wrote:

The End.

Yeah and self KO yourself 3 times because you are focused on deceiving and not playing the game.

I completely agree. I have seen this happen plenty of times. Most of all, that method that was just posted about the deploy case and its really just too much for no reason. Just play the game.
(Feb. 06, 2011  11:03 AM)究極のブレーダー Wrote: Hmmm.....use a WBBA limited edition face so noobs won't know what bey it is from afar.Use recolors of useful parts, like the Bull recolors from RBV3, RF and CS recolors from RBV6 or RS from Perseus URS.Another one is that you could use Dark Wolf as a "display" bey, then change it to something else. Or try recoloring your metal wheels....

And I know how to counter "Covering beys".

For example, Player A Entered MF Lightning L-Drago 90RF, MF-H Earth Bull GB145RS and Burn Bull 85WD. Player B enters MF Vulcan Horuseus 85R2F, MF-H Libra 230RS (I know it's banned, this is just an example) and Burn Kerbecs AD145WD. Player A covers his bey. Player B sees Player A has MF Lightning L-Drago 90RF and Burn Bull 85WD not used. So that means Player A is using a defense type. So Player B makes a smart choice and picks Burn Kerbecs AD145WD. Then Player B wins.

Well, bladers won't always use 1 beyblade of each type. They could not use one type, or they could enter the supposed balance combo that Kei made (MF-H Earth Bull 230RS) and have 2 attack types. That tactic is a bit unreliable.
(Jan. 30, 2011  2:53 AM)hotskunk Wrote: remember though many people who play in the U.S dont have recolors use that to you advatage but at some tornaments you cant use tomy beyblade...Pinching_eyes_2
(Jan. 30, 2011  2:52 AM)Ultimate Wrote: I think an obvious one is too brag about a bey you are gonna use and too show all the parts and stuff and before the battle choose a different bey so your opponent will think your gonna use the bey you were bragging on about.

dude you sig is sick i just had to say that Smile

Well, at the Hasbro National Touney they are allowing TT tops.
Basically, from what I have oversaw, the main discussion of this page is that deception is useful, but people often get so caught up in it that they forget about the game itself. (As Soysaucexp demonstrated for us with his tactic) That tactic has so many steps, and so many carefully planned tricks that the actual match will suck for you, no matter what you use. Anyone else have thoughts on this?
I just use my destabilizers that can kill any type.
Meteo LDrago 82/125/145 JB.
I have tests.
Beyblade is a fairly simple game, and if you cant do something as simple as fake a bey in a rapid deploy case (as stupid as that is) and shoot right you probably have a disability.
(Feb. 07, 2011  11:16 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: Well, bladers won't always use 1 beyblade of each type. They could not use one type, or they could enter the supposed balance combo that Kei made (MF-H Earth Bull 230RS) and have 2 attack types. That tactic is a bit unreliable.

That is a Defense combo; the one I came up with was MF-L Earth Bull 230CS. Anyways, yes, Bladers should never enter a tournament with just one Beyblade of each type. You're over-simplifying the game if you do that.
I have my own technique.

Let's say, I have Meteo L-Drago 90WD, Absorb Ver. Great stamina, right? I could trick people into thinking that it's Meteo L-Drago 90LRF, Absorb Ver. Since they know Meteo L-Drago 90LRF Absorb Ver. is a great Attack combo, and they know I really do have Meteo Absorb, they'll use Defense (e.g. MF-H Earth Bull GB145RS). Battle, outspin, instant win.
To make a long story short, use parts with multiple uses.
^Kei, whooops. Mixed the two up. Plus, destabilizers have found use now too, and it's not fun to just bring one of each type, it becomes too easy to predict from there.

Oh, and congrats on being the first recipient of the metal face! Lucky! <-- off topic
About a week or two ago, I PM'ed yamislayer asking a question. I wanted to keep his answer for my own knowledge, but, what the hay, I'll just share with you guys:

Yamislayer Wrote:
SSJfisherman Wrote:Hi yamislayer Joyful_2
When galaxy first made the topic of The Italian metagame in the advanced forum, I had asked him questions through PM's. Now I have one more question!
How to you know when to use a new rf, slightly worn, and worn?
Thank you! Joyful_2

It's up to what you want to do with your combo.
A new rf can be used for aggressive combos, (with new i mean just a very little worn, i don't like rf to be exactly new because it will self kill if i shoot it strong)
a slightly worn is ok for those combos which also use steal spin ability, like perseus and meteo, but it's also a rf with more control, so if you need to be accurate, i'd choose a slightly worn rf.

a worn rf can be used for defense purposes, without automatically
giving up if you have to fight a stamina combo.

also, those are only examples, you should really decide something basing it on your play style, your metagame and what you want from your combo.

an example can be this:
few months ago we did a non official tourney and many people were using combos "mf xxx 100/90/85 RF"
so i used vulcan 85 rf, with a very worn rf, so i could shoot strong increasing the recoil, and other beyblades were taller because they were using slightly worn rf.
and when vulcan is a bit shorter than other beyblades it's gonna hurt =D

sorry if my english is not really the best.

Great way to deceive others when you both have attack combos.

I hope he doesnt mind me posting this Smile
I'm sorry if this was posted by someone before,coz I only read the 1st page of thread.So I suggest paintinig you beys instead of getting the recolours,that way,your oppennents wouldn't know what parts you use,That way,even your oppenent wouldnt know if youre using a 230,This is not against the rules right?Paint for aesthatics
(Feb. 11, 2011  5:23 AM)Whatzzer Wrote: I'm sorry if this was posted by someone before,coz I only read the 1st page of thread.So I suggest paintinig you beys instead of getting the recolours,that way,your oppennents wouldn't know what parts you use,That way,even your oppenent wouldnt know if youre using a 230,This is not against the rules right?Paint for aesthatics

But 230 sticks out like a sore thumb Crying, even worse if it's painted another colour: "What's that funny looking track you are using?!?"
(Feb. 07, 2011  9:03 AM)BladeStorm Wrote:

The End.

As if. Sorry, but those of you looking down on people using deception tactics are just scrubs. If you're so into the game that you're deploying advanced deception techniques, you're probably good enough to focus on both.
^Hah. Multitasking is always useful. But still, although some people say that it is impractical to focus on deception because you lose sight of the battle, some people like Brad and Frownie say that you should be able to do both. Honestly, I agree with Brad and Frownie. Using both at the same time is not difficult at all.