Dan's BB-114 VariAres D:D Draft *Posted*

Only recently has Galaxy Pegasis been accessible without getting it from overseas. Who would pay more money when they can get a similar enough tip for much less in some cases?
LRF is just plain hard to get, and I'm very sad mine was mangled up..
I'd say LRF is pretty easy to control Tongue_out
Nyeh, as much as I've generally used RF on gravity and such, to be honest I doubt R2F/LRF would hurt in this case. As far as I'm aware (which is about as far as I can see without glasses when it comes to new mfb), Vari is usually used in right spin so yeah. Slashing all three in is good, though.

Nice job getting this up, Dan and everyone else who contributed.
(Oct. 09, 2011  2:47 PM)Galaxy Wrote: I don't remember that when Hell came out people said "OMG,it's horrible!" xD
Yes,now is quite outclassed,but Lightning the best smasher is a terrible lie :\

EDIT: also the consensus is wrong. It's unreal to think that you guys think really this!
EDIT2: Leone has less Smash Attack than Lightning? °_°

... I thought you Italians were supposed to be good with attack beys?

What happened? First being dominated by Basalt 230 CS (which is honestly not hard to KO), and now you're denying lightning being exactly what testing showed it to be?

What happened?

And yes, Leone has a hell of a lot less smash attack than lightning. Even in its own day, Pegasis took hefty dumps all over its performance.

I just dislike the fact you're claiming we're deluded. Thanks, but I tested lightning myself, and found it to be ridiculously good. I'll take my tests over those of people who struggle against MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230CS any day.
No, you're not understanding. About the Basalt 230CS, it's not that they like Attack which means they should have no problem with Basalt 230CS, it's that they use different attack types in different ways than most places do. If Leone (as a random example) could beat most Attack Beyblades, but Basalt 230CS beats Leone, it's a problem. Basalt ruined the Attack play that they had, because they had to rely on wheels with more smash attack, rather than what they used to do, which was even use virgo and earth for attack (Virgo used to dominate their game).

As for Leone, it's pretty much the same thing. They measure Smash Attack based on how it can KO defense and other Attacks, whereas we measure only against defense. As an example, (but going back in time quite a bit) Pegasis used to have really good smash attack. That's because it could KO Defense. But if Leone can KO Defense, although to a lesser extent, and it can KO Pegasis very easily, then leone is the better of the two (in his terms). I believe that is what he's meaning by Leone being better than Lightning.
Well, that's not really a realistic, balanced, or healthy metagame to be honest, Basalt just reigned it in. Basalt 230CS is still easy to KO with any decent 145-height attacker.

As for lightning, always worked well against my other attack beys, in fact, it was the reason I swung away from gravity eventually, because in 1v1, lightning always seemed to have an edge.

We really should have a non-advanced version of that lightning thread, though, to be honest, it is still a ludicrous claim, Lightning was the best attack wheel basically from it's release, until Variares (though it and gravity were very close until bd145 was released.) At least, it would remove these unrelated posts from this thread.

I do see what he means by "smash", and maybe the article should be edited to state "attack" instead of smash.

However, in my opinion it comes down to determining the source of Lightning's power.
Sure, it may not have the same horizontal smash as something like Fang (though I still find leone to be mediocre), but it still wins using smash (as can be seen from videos of battles involving it, and the way it wins).

Basically, I think that it does use smash attack, but an amount of that smash is vertical, not horizontal. I explained it in my upward-smash post, basically. Being left spin gives it more chances to use this, too. It's easier to apply upwards smash than it would seem, too, as all it requires is one of the slopes to slip under a point on another bey.

I probably overreacted and misunderstood. What I'd do, for clarity until we properly discuss lightning's power (I'll make a thread later). Modified my post, also, to be a little less harsh.

"VariAres quickly found it's home in smash attack customs and is regarded by some as of even higher standard than Lightning which has held it's own position as the best attack wheel since release."

Remove smash from the lightning part, should keep everyone happy.

It's more of an opinion rather than a claim, simply because they game there is obviously so much different. Smile
The overall weight of Variares DGrin should be their. The overall weight is 50 grams.
(Jun. 04, 2013  1:29 AM)ryugavskyoya1 Wrote: The overall weight of Variares DGrin should be their. The overall weight is 50 grams.

People can figure out the sum of the weights of all the parts themselves ...
Update!! Everything changed is bolded.

Quote:<keywords content="metal fight beyblade mfb 4d variares d:d vari ares delta drive bottom track tip performance hasbro takara tomy fusion masters fury shogun steel customization combo advice custom spin wiki bey defense type bb-114 starter encyclopedia expert article king war ares mode changes change attack" />

{{Beybox
| image = VariAres1.png
| full item name = VariAres DGrin
| item number = BB-114
| beyblade system = [[Metal Fight Beyblade]]
| beyblade type = [[Defense]]
| starter or booster = Starter
}}

==Face: Ares==

The Face on this Beyblade depicts Ares, the Greek God of War.

==4D Metal Wheel: VariAres==
{| class="wikitable"
|<font size="1"><b>Weight:</b></font>
|<font size="1">43.6 grams</font>
|<font size="1"><b>Full Width:</b></font>
|<font size="1">50 mm</font>
|<font size="1"><b>Minimum Width:</b></font>
|<font size="1">47.5 mm</font>
|<font size="1"><b>Full Height:</b></font>
|<font size="1">11.5 mm</font>
|}

VariAres is unarguably the most aggressively designed Wheel ever released in MFB, and is the second Metal Wheel capable of spinning in both Left and Right Spin (the first being Gravity Perseus). It has a relatively thick, wide three-winged design. Each wing ends in an abrupt, sharp point that provides [[Smash Attack]] in both spin directions. In addition to this, along each wing there are six indents of varying size that provide [[Spike Attack]] which works in tandem with the sharp Smash Attack points on the ends of each wing. However, while VariAres' Attack power may be high, it does suffer from huge amounts of [[Recoil]] because it is so aggressively designed, and so lightweight, which adds a considerable element of risk to its use as an Attack Metal Wheel. Its light weight compared to more recent releases, namely Balro, Wyvang, and heavier Defense wheels such as Revizer, have rendered it inferior in terms of Attack power in today's metagame.

Between each wing is a large gap. Fitted in between these gaps is a yellow PC Frame, that protrudes outwards in a triangular shape as far as the Metal Frame. Unlike other 4D Beyblades, VariAres' PC Frame is built in conjunction with the Metal Frame. On the bottom side of the Metal Wheel where the mechanism that controls the plastic wings release are located, there is cover of a hard plastic sheet.

When VariAres is spinning at high spin speeds, the PC Frame retracts towards the centre of VariAres, exposing more Metal, and therefore producing more [[Smash Attack]]. This is considered "Attack Mode". As VariAres' spin velocity lowers, the PC Frame extends out to it's full length, allowing for more Plastic contact in an attempt to reduce [[Recoil]]. This is considered "Defense Mode".

Following the release of heavier Synchrom combinations, VariAres has, as mentioned before, fallen short in its performance against the equally evolved Defense parts that came out in Zero-G. Even Flash, also part of the 4D System, outclasses VariAres in sheer Attack power.

===MOLD VARIATION===
[[Hasbro]] produced a version of the VariAres Metal Wheel exempt of all the mechanism underneath it, as well as without most of the plastic at the bottom. The gimmick with the plastic protrusions coming out at high spin velocity was forgotten and replaced with fixed protrusions. All these changes create a shell with much less weight, no absorption abilities, and therefore barely any Attack power. This version is utterly useless. Thankfully, Hasbro did release the real VariAres 4D Metal Wheel with new colors afterward.

===Use in Attack customization===
Due to its prominent indentations, VariAres produces relatively decent [[Smash Attack]]. A Metal Face - Heavy and Rubber Flat variant in unison with VariAres' high rotational force reduces VariAres' recoil, and provides [[Smash Attack]] in the applicable, yet severely outclassed Attack customizations: ''MF/-H VariAres CH120RF/R2F/LRF'' and ''MF/-H VariAres R145RF/R2F/LRF''.

==Bottom: Delta Drive (DGrin)==
{| class="wikitable"
|<font size="1"><b>Weight:</b></font>
|<font size="1">5.5 grams</font>
|<font size="1"><b>Height (Wide Ball):</b></font>
|<font size="1">20.89 mm</font>
|<font size="1"><b>Height (Flat):</b></font>
|<font size="1">20.25 mm</font>
|<font size="1"><b>Height (Sharp):</b></font>
|<font size="1">21.19 mm</font>
|<font size="1"><b>Angle (Sharp):</b></font>
|<font size="1">40°</font>
|}

DGrin is of a round shape with a translucent black colour, and with a height comparable to 145WD. Like most 4D Bottoms, DGrin's gimmick is mode change-related. Similar to Dranzer F's [[Dranzer F| Flame Change Base]] from the Plastic generation, DGrin has the gimmick of triple mode change. DGrin features a Sharp Bottom, a Wide Ball Bottom, and a Flat Bottom all on one axis, which can be changed manually between battles. To change modes, the tip can be pulled out slightly, rotated on its axis, and then pushed back in on the new tip. DGrin is evidently an incredibly versatile bottom, but this versatility is made useless by the fact that the Bottoms encased are all outclassed in one way or another; S is outclassed by WD, WB is outclassed by CS and other competitive Defense Bottoms, and F is outclassed by every member of the RF family.

==Other Versions==

* '''VariAres DGrin Mars Red Ver.''' – CoroCoro Magazine (Red)
* '''VariAres DGrin Phantom Blue Ver.''' - CoroCoro Magazine (Blue)
* '''VariAres''' - WBBA G4 Prize (Gun Metallic)
* '''[[VariAries 145WB]]''' - Hasbro Metal Fury

==Gallery==

====VariAres DGrin (regular)====
<Gallery>
Image:VariAresfrontview.jpg|VariAres front
Image:VariAresbottomview1.jpg|VariAres bottom
Image:VariAresD-D1.jpg|DGrin WB Mode
Image:VariAresD-D2.jpg|DGrin S Mode
ImageGrinelta-Drive-BeyWiki.jpg|DGrin F Mode
Image:VariAresdissassembled.jpg|VariAres pieces
</Gallery>

====VariAres WBBA Exclusive Colour (purple)====
<gallery>
Image:VariAresPurple1.jpg|VariAres 4D Metal Wheel top view
Image:VariAresPurple2.jpg|VariAres 4D Metal Wheel underside view
Image:VariAresPurple3.jpg|VariAres 4D Metal Wheel side view
</gallery>

==Overall==
VariAres quickly found its home in Smash Attack customs, however it has since been outclassed by [[Flash Sagittario 230WD|Flash]] and [[Orojya Wyvang 145EDS|Wyvang]], among others. The mechanism within DGrin is an improvement over the classic Flame Change Base, but like Flame Change Base, it is almost as useless competitively. '''Therefore, this Beyblade should only be considered if all preferred alternatives cannot be purchased, or for collection purposes.'''

[[Category:Beyblade]]
[[Category:Metal Fight Beyblade]]
[[Category: Decent alternatives]]

Just inserted some points on how severely outclassed the MW is now, and removed the entire "use in Balance type customizations" section. A couple other minor things.

LOL, that article was much shorter than I thought it was going to be.