1 Face: Ares
2 Metal Wheel: VariAres
•2.1 Use in Attack Customization
3 4D Bottom: D:D
•3.1 Use in Balance Customization
4 Gallery
5 Overall

Face: Ares
The Face on this Beyblade depicts Ares, the Greek God of War.

Metal Wheel: VariAres
• Weight: 43.6 grams

VariAres has a relatively thick, very indented, three-winged design, with a gimmick of Right and Left Spin like Gravity Perseus. Along each wing there are six indents that disrupt the flow of the contours of VariAres. The center indent is the largest and most exposed, and these indents are pronounced enough to provide additional Spike Attack. Between each of these 'wings' are large gaps which work in tandem with the aforementioned indents to create powerful Smash Attack, but also cause significant recoil. Between each of the three gaps is a Yellow PC Frame, shaped as Triangles that protrude outwards as far as the Metal Frame.

Unlike other 4D beyblades, VariAres' PC Frame is built in conjunction with the Metal Frame. On the bottom side of the Metal Wheel where the mechanism that controls the plastic wings release are located, there is cover of a hard plastic sheet. This overall addition in weight aids VariAres' Smash Attack heavily.

When VariAres is spinning at high spin speeds, the PC Frame retracts towards the centre of VariAres, exposing more Metal, and therefore producing more Smash Attack. When that happens, VariAres is in Attack Mode. When VariAres slows to a lower spin speed, the PC Frame extends out to it's full length, allowing for more Plastic contact in an attempt to reduce recoil. When that happens, VariAres is in Defense Mode.

Use in Attack customization:
Due to its relatively heavy weight, three gaps, and prominent indentations, VariAres produces very potent Smash Attack. A Metal Face - Heavy and Rubber Flat variant in unison with VariAres' high rotational force waters down VariAres' recoil, and provides proficient Smash Attack in the top-tier attack customizations: MF/-H VariAres CH120R2F/LRF and MF/-H VariAres R145R2F/LRF.

Bottom: Delta Drive (D:D)
•Weight: 5.4 grams

D:D is of a round shape with a translucent black colour, and is the approximate height of 145WD. As with most 4D Bottoms, D:D has the gimmick of a dynamic mode change, in this case having three bottoms in one that are manually changed before a Battle. D:D features a Sharp Bottom, a Wide Ball Bottom, and a Flat Bottom all on one axis, and when pulled out slightly, rotated on their axis, and pushed back in, you can select whichever of the three Bottoms suit your needs. Although this is a very versatile function, the Bottoms encased are all outclassed in one way or another; S is outclassed by WD, WB is outclassed by CS, and F is outclassed by RF. Because of this, D:D has only found use in sub-par balance combinations such as MF-H Basalt Kerbecs D:D.

Other Versions

VariAres D:D Mars Red Ver. – CoroCoro Magazine (Red)
VariAres D:D Phantom Blue Ver. - CoroCoro Magazine (Blue)

Overall
VariAres quickly found it's home in smash attack customs and is regarded by some as of even higher standard than Lightning which has held it's own position as the best smash-attack wheel since release. D:D may not be as desirable but it does not go without use, which can not be said for other parts released. Every blader should own at least one of this Beyblade as VariAres has well-enough changed it's current meta-game with it's ridiculous amount of smash attack.

Critique?

Edit: Thanks SSJ.
Couldn't you just asked me to do that?
Take out the "(this is a 4D thing)" because it's there multiple times and doesn't even need to be there once.

And you didn't put a use in attack customization section. Watch you'll edit it while I'm writing this post.

I'd personally separate the part about VariAres' gimmick from the rest in to two paragraphs.

The VariAres section is a tiny confusing, but that's easily fixed.

Other than that the info is there, just editing how it's written is all I can think of that's left.
In my opinion, both BeybladeStation's and Dan's drafts contain different points, but that should all be mentioned.
I understand what Kai-V is saying, but you just took my draft and added some points, when you didn't dare contacting me and asking me to add yours, surely you would get credit for those adds.

I get it all in all, but in the end it's BeybladeStation's BB-114 VariAres DGrin Draft with everyone's help.

Did most of your changes, SSJ, look it over and see if it now meets your needs, :V.
Considering I re-did the entire Metal Wheel section (The most important part GrinJShock: ) and that in the end, most articles are drastically changed by Kei or whomever to fit Beywiki's needs, and that this is a separate thread, you don't actually possess it. Like making a combination, it isn't someones, its everyone's (thought of by someone). This is a community after all.

lol kei i told you man.
No, I know that but I could edit it. You would be stealing any of my draft at all, in any way that's it.

What you did was important, but I set up the base. Then you reworded it, and it went from there.

Whatever, Kei told me he would look at it this weekend.

I think you should get rid of those parentheses.
Quote:VariAres is a relatively thick, very indented, three-winged design
shouldn't it be VariAres HAS thick, very indented, three-winged design
please also add MF VariAres R145RF/R2F/LRF to the use in attack customization part it certainly deserves to be there...
other wise I liked it
Thanks H8R! Didn't see that, haha.
(Sep. 23, 2011  3:58 AM)Dan Wrote: Metal Wheel: VariAres
• Weight: 43.6 grams

VariAres has a relatively thick, very indented, three-winged design, with a gimmick of Right and Left Spin like Gravity Perseus. Along each wing there are six indents that disrupt the flow of the contours of VariAres. The center indent is the largest and most exposed, and these indents are pronounced enough to provide additional Spike Attack. Between each of these 'wings' are large gaps which work in tandem with the aforementioned indents to create powerful Smash Attack, but also cause significant recoil. Between each of the three gaps is a Yellow PC Frame, shaped as Triangles that protrude outwards as far as the Metal Frame.

Unlike other 4D beyblades, VariAres' PC Frame is built in conjunction with the Metal Frame. On the bottom side of the Metal Wheel where the mechanism that controls the plastic wings release are located, there is cover of a hard plastic sheet. This overall addition in weight aids VariAres' Smash Attack heavily.

When VariAres is spinning at high spin speeds, the PC Frame retracts towards the centre of VariAres, exposing more Metal, and therefore producing more Smash Attack. When that happens, VariAres is in Attack Mode. When VariAres slows to a lower spin speed, the PC Frame extends out to it's full length, allowing for more Plastic contact in an attempt to reduce recoil. When that happens, VariAres is in Defense Mode.

Use in Attack customization:
Due to the recoil suffered from VariAres' protrusions, VariAres has low stamina. However, due to its relatively heavy weight, three gaps, indentations, and heavy weight, VariAres produces potent Smash Attack. A Metal Face in unison with VariAres' high rotational force works best in the combos MF VariAres CH120R2F/LRF and MF VariAres R145R2F/LRF.

I spent a lot of time editing that. Instead of being an A-Hole, I went through yours and BeybladeStation's draft and blended them. This was the base though, and BeybladeStation's stuff wasn't added exactly where he had it, but it's in there. And I rearranged it a ton, which is what took the most time.

It still needs some work though. I didn't like the choice of wording "indents". I couldn't think of another word so I left it. Someone also needs to check grammar, punctuation, etc. because I mixed it around a lot and some words may even be repeated twice. I checked it over for that though.
I don't even see why the whole 'it has a lot of recoil, therefore low stamina' has to be mentioned in the Attack Use section. You're using RF, come on lol. Also, I don't recall recoil per se, I mean, I don't get a massive fly-back from VariAres after it explode-KO's Basalt BD145CS. So yeah..
Indents, meh idk ill find a synonym.

Yeah, don't really agree with the thought it has serious, serious recoil. I haven't played with it for a bit so I could be imagining things, but RF handles whatever recoil VariAres has.

TBH his entire argument of his article being the basis of it all is complete and utter garbage, may I point out he put some of my text in 'his' work? Guh I am so furious you don't even know. By the way, 'try to improve on it' = made my own god damn article. Other than some meek similarities in text (oh god, I must be copying you, oh carp, wait, we're both talking about the same thing. Of course it will sound similar.) our text has little to no similarities except for topic. I would go on with the full extent of my anger about BBS' purely innate and idiotic posts, but I think I'll wait 'till he decides to post once more of how his thread was a basis and mine was just a simple tweak or two to his rock-hard, BeyWiki worthy, golden-globe writter nominated text.
(Sep. 24, 2011  12:32 AM)Dan Wrote: I don't even see why the whole 'it has a lot of recoil, therefore low stamina' has to be mentioned in the Attack Use section. You're using RF, come on lol. Also, I don't recall recoil per se, I mean, I don't get a massive fly-back from VariAres after it explode-KO's Basalt BD145CS. So yeah..

I don't have VariAres, I just put that there because BeybladeStation has it, and I trust him. If you honestly believe it doesn't suffer from recoil, then take that out.

That's not all I added though, that was the thing I spent the least amount of time on.

Quote:TBH his entire argument of his article being the basis of it all is complete and utter garbage, may I point out he put some of my text in 'his' work? Guh I am so furious you don't even know. By the way, 'try to improve on it' = made my own god damn article. Other than some meek similarities in text (oh god, I must be copying you, oh carp, wait, we're both talking about the same thing. Of course it will sound similar.) our text has little to no similarities except for topic. I would go on with the full extent of my anger about BBS' purely innate and idiotic posts, but I think I'll wait 'till he decides to post once more of how his thread was a basis and mine was just a simple tweak or two to his rock-hard, BeyWiki worthy, golden-globe writter nominated text.
wait? Wha? I just blended, I no say one person copy. If he says that, whatever, I did my best to put them in to one. Hopefully maturity goes both ways here and it isn't a competition, but rather collaboration. That's what I tried to do with the edits I made, I just posted them here. They could've been in here BeybladeStation's topic, it'd fit in either.

Please don't tell me I just wasted 45 minutes of my life editing a draft for a beyblade that I don't own, need a draft for, and could've ignored.
HAHA, no, that last part was directed to him!
I really do appreciate what you have done, whether I agree with the changes or not, the general fragmentation of the words is good to go by, I think.
He honestly thinks that. It saddens me, but I am not surprised in the least.. 45 mins? jesus, I only counted 20-30 mins for that post. I like it, though.
(Sep. 24, 2011  12:48 AM)Dan Wrote: HAHA, no, that last part was directed to him!
I really do appreciate what you have done, whether I agree with the changes or not, the general fragmentation of the words is good to go by, I think.
He honestly thinks that. It saddens me, but I am not surprised in the least.. 45 mins? jesus, I only counted 20-30 mins for that post. I like it, though.

Oh phew. Hopefully something can be arranged with you two.

45 minutes and 3 tabs opened. I quoted this OP(1 tab), arranged it, fixed it, had a tab of this topic to look at the original(2 tab), and opened another tab quoting BeybladeStation's draft so I could copy parts (3 tab).

The arranging was a headache, I was worried I'd accidentally delete the wrong thing and have to re start, because I was copying and pasting several times in one text box. Adding BeybladeStation's stuff was really quick, probably only 5 minutes,

Oh, and all on an iPad Smug

Edit: and once in a while a fourth tab for dictionary.com, trying to figure out what to replace indents with.
lol it is so nice man, I just can't play games on the iPod/iPhone after experiencing the iPad.
IDK he didn't mention much for variares other than this thought of a lot of recoil, which I didnt add in because I didn't agree with, and D:D couldn't have that big a diversity in explanation so yeah.
His belief of doing it all and I just stole it and added tid-bits aggravates me because I started from scratch and have created more than what he has written.
(Sep. 23, 2011  3:58 AM)Dan Wrote: 4D Bottom: Delta Drive (D:D)
•Weight: 5.4 grams

D:D is of a round shape with a translucent black colour, and is the approximate size of 145WD. As with most 4D Bottoms, D:D has the gimmick of a dynamic mode change, in this case having three bottoms in one that are manually changed before a Battle. D:D features a Sharp Bottom, a Wide Ball Bottom, and a Flat Bottom all on one axis, and when pulled out slightly, rotated on their axis, and pushed back in, you can select whichever of the three Bottoms suit your needs. Although this is a very versatile function, the Bottoms encased are all outclassed in one way or another; S is outclassed by WD, WB is outclassed by CS, and F is outclassed by RF. Because of this, D:D has only found use in sub-par balance combinations such as MF-H Basalt Kerbecs D:D

That be moar edets.

BeybladeStation's stuff included as well.
Awesome man, I'll add it!

Edit: I just put in both MW and 4D Bottom edits you made SSJ. Yeah, they're really good! Guess I needed to sleep on it. :V
Sweet.

I just noticed I made a mistake on the Use in attack Customization section for the metal wheel. In the second sentence in wrote heavy weight twice

And I think the overall section is good, so this is done?
Yeah, then again so is BBS'. (He just C+P your edits of my draft so yeah...)
Yeah I'll edit that up and take a final look see.

Lol soz i was wrong.
Yeah, seems good, but for this:
(Sep. 23, 2011  3:58 AM)Dan Wrote: Between each of these 'wings' are large gaps which work in tandem with the aforementioned indents to create powerful Smash Attack, but also cause significant recoil which can be watered down with a rubber bottom.
I would take it out of there, and put it like this:

Dan Wrote:Use in Attack customization:
Due to its relatively heavy weight, three gaps, and prominent indentations, VariAres produces very potent Smash Attack. A Metal Face and Rubber Flat variant in unison with VariAres' high rotational force waters down VariAres' recoil, and provides proficient Smash Attack in the Combos MF/-H VariAres CH120R2F/LRF and MF/-H VariAres R145R2F/LRF.

I took out the metal face heavy, because it didn't fit with the sentence well.

I like that, sounds like a compromise for and against having recoil.
Yes! I originally wanted to put the Rubber Flat grip in there, I just couldn't think of the words so I put it somewhere else haha read my mind.
I guess it is negligible, but yeah MF-H does help with recoil lol.
The replace metal face with metal face heavy. They just both didn't fit in one sentence properly.
Done, and added in 'the top-tier attack customizations:' instead of just plain 'combos:'
You should add in that DGrin is an gimmick of Dranzer F's base.
I thought it was Black Dranzer's. Lol. I don't think it matters much. But its entirely the drafter's decision.