[Cumming, GA, USA] 7/28/12- Beyblade Conquest

on
Hosted by
  Primal
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Beyblade Conquest

Hello everyone! What you're currently reading is the official thread for Georgia's July tournament: Beyblade Conquest. This tournament will be held at Ducktown Park in Cumming, our most frequent tournament site. The tournament will start promptly at 2:00, and will run until it ends. Smile

Date: Saturday, July 28, 2012 @ 2:00 PM

5895 Heardsville Road, Cumming, GA, 30028

Surface: Grass! If you don't want your tips messed up, bring blankets!

Prizes: Guardian Revizer, Zero-G Random Booster Vol. 1, and Archer Gryph!
Confirmed Participants:
  • Primal
  • Harkins
  • Matthew 711
  • Ingulit
  • cosmicblader123
  • Zancrow
  • Scardude4
  • KiddDragoon
  • thejakesword101

Unconfirmed Participants:
  • Sirius X Blazar
  • kc21koblaster
  • MxGIC
  • Zer0
  • PSG-1
  • TheKing8426
  • Ingulit's friend
  • bluemagnet
  • Striker123

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

v IMPORTANT v
Primal, can you upload the bracket so that Beypoints and wins/losses can be updated for our accounts? Also, I want to see the list of everyone who made it out so I can try to do individual shoutouts (I'm bad at remembering names, but I'll try my best) Grin
^ IMPORTANT ^

Oh lawdy this tournament was great! It was awesome meeting everyone, and it was totally worth the drive. I hope I can make it out there again sometime!

I got completely wrecked this tournament, haha! I should probably keep some more secrets regarding my customs or especially should have called double blind picks occasionally (I'll know to do that for next time). You guys all were excellent bladers, and the matches I lost were because you guys chose and piloted great customs to counter mine. It was great to play against such skilled opponents, and I look forward to facing you all again Grin

This was a vital learning experience for me, since the majority of my time with Beyblade has been in testing environments instead of tournaments. The most important things I realized I need to account for are Gattyaki (good lord you guys were scaring the carp out of me with your launches, lol) and not-perfectly-level stadiums (we were on a minor slope, nothing dramatic but enough for me to notice a slight difference). The second point also showed me that I need to try to use customs that handle recoil a bit better, since I was sweating bullets whenever my tornado stallers were on the lower side of the arena! For example, I'll try using a MF-H on Phantom Hades 90MF and see if that helps.

I'm still bummed about the whole launcher thing; I can't believe mine broke the day before the tournament, and the one I borrowed from my friend has a loose gear on the inside (I fixed it and it works perfectly now). I definitely would have done better with MF-H Basalt Horogium TR145R2F if I could have gotten a good launch, since I just couldn't get it to spin fast enough to score many KOs. My Phantom Hades 90MF custom also wasn't working as well either for basically the same reason since it needs to spin at high rates so that it tornado stalls on the ridge for the longest possible time. But still, no johns, you guys outperformed me 100% regardless of anything happening on my end. Just wait until next time ;D

DRAGOOON IS BROKEN
Like, seriously, Primal, that was one scary custom you had, and I can't imagine how much better it must be now that you have that Reviser! Trying to take down a basically circular left-spin tank is frightening to say the least!
Tournaments are usually processed a month after the results are sent in, and Primal knows how to do the bracket, he has hosted a lot of tournaments for Georgia xD
And I'm pretty glad I didn't face your Basalt combo, since I had nothing that I knew could reliably take care of it Pinching_eyes
(Jul. 29, 2012  5:57 PM)Zancrow Wrote: Tournaments are usually processed a month after the results are sent in, and Primal knows how to do the bracket, he has hosted a lot of tournaments for Georgia xD
And I'm pretty glad I didn't face your Basalt combo, since I had nothing that I knew could reliably take care of it Pinching_eyes

I really just wanted the brackets so I could remember everyone's name so I could do individual shoutouts, though I figured I'd at least mention the rankings and whatnot Tongue_out

Gah, now I really wish I had used that custom more in the tournament! Deciding what beys to use is tough the first time in an unknown meta, haha! I'll know better at the next tournament. I think my Basalt custom really should just be my go-to, as it's decently safe to use and have a shot at winning.
Nice job guys! I hope there shall be a video, I'd like to see the latest Ducktown park tourney. Hey Zancrow, step it up. You have to get 1st at Ducktown to break the curse. And that includes my curse of breaking launchers there Unhappy
The curse of Ducktown still haunts me.
Demon's Flash touched my MSF Saramanda Saramanda E230RDF once and it blew up...as I tried reassembling it, I notice my MSF broke >_> And of course I didn't bring my second one xD
Hah, last time I was at Ducktown I broke my Beylauncher L, AKA the only launcher I used. I had to borrow like everyone's.
The Credits and Faces for this tournament have now been awarded! Congratulations all!