Crab Diver AR for Attack?

after a quick look, crab diver's ar looks beastly for left spin smash attack. could someone test it?
Good chat everyone. Anyway, I've finally got my hands on one thanks to Dan. My initial impression is that it's alright but I'm seeing a lot of rotational recoil. Sometimes it'll YEET stuff out the stadium, otherwise it'll hit and lose half it's spin and only move the opposing beyblade a short distance. Looks to be a matter of contact point angle but I'll have testing and more observations in a few days Smile
Thanks! I didn't think anyone would answer this after so long haha. I'm glad the plastics scene is regaining popularity now that I have some of my own.
(Apr. 30, 2021  4:42 PM)Flame~Capricorn Wrote: Thanks! I didn't think anyone would answer this after so long haha. I'm glad the plastics scene is regaining popularity now that I have some of my own.

Hey, no more surprised than I am that you replied after all this time! I'm just glad to have another person who is interested in plastics, it was a shame to see no one replied to this as it was a good observation and not something I had noticed at the time, and now that I have one I can actually look at it for ya. Hoping to get time to test it formally on Sunday but I have a whole bunch of fun stuff to play around with that came with it so no promises yet!

So far I feel like it has just a little too much recoil - it's powerful for sure but usually when it knocks stuff out it goes out another exit at the same time, it's crazy. I'm going to try some more things before I write it off as T2 though!
I just got into plastics like a year ago, and couldn't find one for the life of me, so I'm glad you were able to. With how wide it is, giving it a high rpm combo might be the way to go to control recoil, with something like 10 heavy and wolborg 3's tip
Wolborg 3's tip doesn't handle recoil that well in my experience. I'll be looking at balancing WD/SG weight vs movement speed and go from there Smile
Scissors Arm (Crab Diver) Testing:

Standard Testing Protocol. Right EZ Shooter/Left EG Shooter (Version 2) as appropriate, both with Dragon Winders. Stadium is Tornado Attack (for the real G's)

Some preliminary testing was done and I found MG core helps Crab a little, so I have used it here.

Combos:

Crab:
AR: Scissors Arm
WD: 10 Wide (Sonokong Heavy Mold, approx 15g)
SG: Neo Left SG (South Magnecore)
BB: Defense Grip Base (Attack Mode)

Manta
AR: Square Edge
WD: 10 Wide (Sonokong Heavy Mold, approx 15g)
SG: Neo Left SG (Regular SG Core Part)
BB: Defense Grip Base (Attack Mode)

TD:
AR: Tiger Defenser
WD: 10 Heavy
BB: Metal Ball Base (4 Balls)

Combos:
Crab: 13W (13KO)
TD: 7W (3KO, 4OS)
Draws: 7 (!!!) Double KOs

Manta: 14W (14KO)
TD: 6W (2KO, 4OS)
Draws: 2 Double KOs

So it's good but... Those double KOs. The recoil it has is obnoxious - it's worse than Hasbro Hayate AR.

It does do really well on a worn Uriel 2 tip (as it wears, the rubber gets super soft and grippy) but mine is obnoxiously worn at this point. It would be competitive on that but that's so niche I don't think it counts. On a fresh tip it's about the same as defense grip base.

Changing the WD or SG to anything heavier gimps it too much to be effective, so this is as much recoil control as I can throw at it.

So I'm really torn. The results are relatively good, perhaps enough to go up, but the number of double KOs is dreadful and indicates an overwhelming recoil issue. I don't think it would actually be reliable in a tournament.

I think I will leave it off the list as there are so many alternatives that don't have that much recoil, but if anyone feels strongly about it from a philosophical level, I'd consider it for sure.

It's a shame, I was hoping to make a blog post with a bunch of carcinisation references if it was super strong.